GASabresIUFAN

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Here is the video from The Headlines

https://www.sportsne...lle-future-air/

The Mittelstadt Part is the last 35 seconds.

It sounds like he is going back...

I listened to that clip and I'm not sure who is delivering the pressure on him to stay.  The school?  His folks?  The Sabres obviously want him to come out and Minn wants him to stay so that the new coach isn't coming into a team devoid of talent.  If I'm Casey I'm gone.  

#122 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

The key is getting Casey signed to a deal similar to W. Borgen, as burning a year of Casey’s ELC this season would force the Sabres to protect him in the expansion draft.

#123 Let's Go B-Lo

Let's Go B-Lo

Mucker. Grinder.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

The key is getting Casey signed to a deal similar to W. Borgen, as burning a year of Casey’s ELC this season would force the Sabres to protect him in the expansion draft.

Presuming the expansion draft rules are the same, which given Las Vegas' insane level of success, is far from a given.

In terms of pressure to stay?  The kid is from Minnesota.  I'd imagine he's got pressure from his current teammates, his friends at school, his friends at home, alumni, professors, the equipment guy, the guy who drives the zamboni, most of Minnesota basically.  The only Minnesotan in favor of him leaving is probably Housley.

#124 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,029 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:34 PM

Presuming the expansion draft rules are the same, which given Las Vegas' insane level of success, is far from a given.

In terms of pressure to stay?  The kid is from Minnesota.  I'd imagine he's got pressure from his current teammates, his friends at school, his friends at home, alumni, professors, the equipment guy, the guy who drives the zamboni, most of Minnesota basically.  The only Minnesotan in favor of him leaving is probably Housley.

Considering Seattle will be paying about 2/3's of $1B to join this club, it's fairly a given that the rules will be very similar to the Vegas expansion draft.

Truly doubt that Seattle will have the same success as Vegas. Their home record won't be close to Vegas' as opposing teams won't be getting the "Vegas flu" from too much Starbucks & rainy weather. ;)

#125 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,313 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:20 PM

Considering Seattle will be paying about 2/3's of $1B to join this club, it's fairly a given that the rules will be very similar to the Vegas expansion draft.

Truly doubt that Seattle will have the same success as Vegas. Their home record won't be close to Vegas' as opposing teams won't be getting the "Vegas flu" from too much Starbucks & rainy weather. ;)

If I remember correctly, the league has already announced that expansion draft rules will be unchanged for Seattle.

#126 Brawndo

Brawndo

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 06:24 PM

I wonder if Casey is putting pressure on himself to stay in school and attempt to finish what he started for another year.
This is the same player who rather than staying in the USHL for the entire season during his draft year went back to his high school to attempt win a Minnesota High School State Hockey Championship. That appears to have hurt his draft position, yeah for us, in his teams eyes.

His dream was to play for Minnesota and have a chance for the National Championship, missing the the Frozen Four completely did not sit well.

Plus if Bob Motzko is coming to Coach Minnesota, maybe he feels he would be better for his development.

#127 Let's Go B-Lo

Let's Go B-Lo

Mucker. Grinder.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

If I remember correctly, the league has already announced that expansion draft rules will be unchanged for Seattle.

Let's see how the other owners feel about that when Vegas wins a cup in their first year of existence.

I wonder if Casey is putting pressure on himself to stay in school and attempt to finish what he started for another year.

It could just as easily be his freshman girlfriend who wants him to stay because as soon his ATO starts hers expires.

#128 Brawndo

Brawndo

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:33 AM

Per Jeremy White’s Source Casey is still mulling over his options

#129 dudacek

dudacek

Token Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,201 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:14 PM

Is this Casey kid any good?

#130 N S

N S

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,517 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

/thread