370 replies to this topic

#361 LTS

LTS

I'll be positive for you.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,246 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 03:34 PM

Pssst. Hey, everyone. Come check this out. I think the team finally cracked LTS's noggin.

He's talking to himself.

It's a pretty good convo, though.

:flirt:

#362 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 05:36 PM

It's almost like there are 8 games left in the season and they might want to give one final evaluation to players before they make off-season decisions.

But I know the response to that... "They should already know what they want to do and if they don't they suck as talent evaluators and leaders and should be fired."

To which I would say... you have the people who are on the team. You might as well keep tinkering and see if you don't find something new that might show you something you hadn't seen yet.

And the response to that is some kind of "blah blah old dog, new tricks crap."

LTS was not so different from a Hobbit once. But now 500 years with the Sabres have poisoned his mind. But my heart says he still has a big part to play yet, for good or ill, before all this is over.

#363 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Brandon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:40 PM

LTS was not so different from a Hobbit once. But now 500 years with the Sabres have poisoned his mind. But my heart says he still has a big part to play yet, for good or ill, before all this is over.

hahaha!!!!!

#364 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

I just don't get the lines last night. Jack playing with Pommer and Grigs just didn't make any sense to me at all, and Jack did look frustrated. Why waste his talent putting him with players that are either not talented to begin with or over the hill

Pominville's stats are solid 3rd line RW (30 pts, 13 goals projected for this season) - the other is a 4th liner. 

I don't see much insight to be gained by pairing the team's highest producing player with 3rd and 4th liners;  is there really anything left to learn about a 35 year old fading veteran?   Would be interested to hear 550 or BN ask Housley about it, and what his strategy is/was.   

Edited by Jsixspd, 25 March 2018 - 12:53 PM.

#365 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,635 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 01:09 PM

Pominville's stats are solid 3rd line RW (30 pts, 13 goals projected for this season) - the other is a 4th liner. 

I don't see much insight to be gained by pairing the team's highest producing player with 3rd and 4th liners;  is there really anything left to learn about a 35 year old fading veteran?   Would be interested to hear 550 or BN ask Housley about it, and what his strategy is/was.   

Either Jack was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers, or ROR was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers.  We don't have 3 top 6 wingers in the organization.

Jack should be the center more likely to raise the play of the guys on his line.  That's what elite players do, don't they?

They don't when they've mailed in the last month of the season I guess.

For the 2nd season in a row.

#366 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,404 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Either Jack was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers, or ROR was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers.  We don't have 3 top 6 wingers in the organization.

Jack should be the center more likely to raise the play of the guys on his line.  That's what elite players do, don't they?

Yes I remember that specifically. He was headed for a nice p/gp financial bonus, and Draisaitl caught him.

#367 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,635 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:10 PM

Yes I remember that specifically. He was headed for a nice p/gp financial bonus, and Draisaitl caught him.

Moped at the end of last season and then publicly regretted giving up on the season and missing a bonus.

#Captainmaterial

#368 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:10 PM

Either Jack was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers, or ROR was getting 3rd and 4th line wingers.  

I think Jack's line should have got the better players -  since Eichel's stats are better than ROR's.    Unless now we're in full Tank Mode to ensure final place finish?

#369 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Shut the blank up, you selfish blank!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,911 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 08:25 PM

Moped at the end of last season and then publicly regretted giving up on the season and missing a bonus.

#Captainmaterial

I think I missed the public regrettal.

#370 PerreaultForever

PerreaultForever

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:02 AM

It is sad to see that jack seems to have zero pride in his own performance. McDavid is tearing it up on a team that's had a disappointing season and has been out of it for a while. Big difference in the character of those two. 

#371 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,635 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:19 AM

I think I missed the public regrettal.

Newspaper, if I remember correctly.