Photo

Can This Franchise Be Saved? How Long Will It Take?

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#161 Georgia Flakt

Georgia Flakt

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:11 PM

They dumped aging players like Bourque, Iginla, Tyutin and Beachemin. The got significant improvement from young players like Rantanen, Nieto and Zadarov. Added more youth who have performed in Kerfoot, Girard and Compher. These turned over 50% of the D group and they stuck with their head coach despite the awful season last year. They also got rid of locker room malcontent Duchene.

Edited by Georgia Flakt, Yesterday, 03:13 PM.

#162 SkuggaLiger

SkuggaLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:17 PM

They dumped aging players like Bourque, Iginla, Tyutin and Beachemin. The got significant improvement from young players like Rantanen, Nieto and Zadarov. Added more youth who have performed in Kerfoot, Girard and Compher. These turned over 50% of the D group and they stuck with their head coach despite the awful season last year. They also got rid of locker room malcontent Duchene.

Is ROR, not a locker room malcontent per say, but perhaps just a debbie downer who doesn't lead?

#163 mörksabre

mörksabre

Negative Waves

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,769 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Is ROR, not a locker room malcontent per say, but perhaps just a debbie downer who doesn't lead?

Define "lead".

#164 SkuggaLiger

SkuggaLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,930 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:46 PM

Define "lead".

drag the hulking carcasses of his lesser teammates up to the NHL level 

#165 mörksabre

mörksabre

Negative Waves

• Members
  • 34,769 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:50 PM

drag the hulking carcasses of his lesser teammates up to the NHL level

Seems like a lot to ask.

#166 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Shut the blank up, you selfish blank!

• Members
  • 27,148 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:17 PM

I was struck by all the Dallas Stars love on the broadcast the other day — hell, I was struck by the Stars, period. I had to look at the standings to see that they are JAT on the playoff bubble. We really are not even part of the league right now.

#167 stenbaro

stenbaro

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:31 PM

My son was using our season tickets for only the 2nd time this year, and there were a couple of fans sitting behind him who after the  Sabres were down 2 zip in the middle of the first said " Ah back to the pit of misery again..Dilly Dilly"  This franchise is an utter joke, an embarrassment and whatever other horrific phrase to describe an abortion can be found.  I am angry and quite fed up, for christ sake an expansion team is in first place in the entire league and we are stuck at the bottom once again.. This is putrid.  I can not wait until I get my season ticket renewal form, I will have a burning ceremony. 

#168 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,690 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:09 PM

I was struck by all the Dallas Stars love on the broadcast the other day — hell, I was struck by the Stars, period. I had to look at the standings to see that they are JAT on the playoff bubble. We really are not even part of the league right now.

5 seasons now, innit?