45 replies to this topic

#41 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

He’s an offensive defenseman with just nine points. He makes more mistakes than any other dman.
He’s got good skills, but they are negated by the fact he has the worst hockey sense on the team.
As far as I am concerned Guhle and Nelson make him redundant and I have yet to figure why he gets ice over Antipin. McCabe and Bogo are better and I’d rather dress Falk.
$2.4 is a helluvalot to be paying our #9 defenceman.
Don’t fault Botterill for making the trade, but it’s been a whiff so far.

Yup.

#42 PerreaultForever

PerreaultForever

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 234 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 04:45 PM

DIsagree.    Beaulieu and Antipin are who most of us thought they were.   

Scandella was supposed to provide some offensive punch, he's done nothing, and his play in the d-zone leaves a lot to be desired as well IMO.    I like his effort level, I just don't think he's anywhere near being a top pairing guy.    Risto and Scandella would make a nice 2nd pairing.    Everybody else is at best candidates for a 3rd pairing.    

McCabe has largely been a disappointment IMO, his d-zone play away from the puck is atrocious.   

I can't disagree with any of this. The worst part is the learning curve seems to have flatlined on all of them. Wasn't Housley supposed to be the great D teacher that would transform ordinary D men into stars? Still waiting. 

#43 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,519 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:05 PM

I can't disagree with any of this. The worst part is the learning curve seems to have flatlined on all of them. Wasn't Housley supposed to be the great D teacher that would transform ordinary D men into stars? Still waiting.

You mean the same great D teacher that had 4 Norris trophy candidates on his squad last year that everyone, except a few smart posters, were gaga over despite his riches in talent.

#44 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,786 posts

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:15 PM

He has moment when you are like wow he can skate. Then he pulls an Afineganov and loses the puck or makes a stupid pass..,

This puzzles me. I don't know any of our d-men that are not like that. They all cough up the puck and make really stupid plays. Heck, most NHL d-men do. I get he is not scoring as he should be, but his defense is no where as horrible as a lot posters say it is.

#45 matter2003

matter2003

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

This is really disturbing. Nathan Beaulieu and his father were involved in a violent incident a ways back

https://www.cbssport...ssault-charges/

What the hell does something that happened 5 years ago have to do with the way he is playing this year?

#46 North Buffalo

North Buffalo

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:25 PM

What the hell does something that happened 5 years ago have to do with the way he is playing this year?

Character assassination... if you dont like a guy and run out of new attacks, dig up a skeleton... tried and true tactic. just saying.