124 replies to this topic

#121 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,179 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

Go snag a beefy 5 layer burrito and a Mexican pizza. Maybe a double decker taco.

#122 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,705 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 03:48 PM

I know it sucks but I guess chalk it up as a good deed, right?

Yeah she's trying to quit cracker barrel and move to taco bell. I'm all for improving people's lives.

I violated my own rule and drove during nonpeak hours. There was some surging but I didn't end up in any zones to capitalize. Things were looking pretty bleak through 3 rides, $17 no tips for almost 2 hours of driving. My next ride tipped me $8 on a 5 dollar tab. There is hope for humanity.

#123 josie

josie

Just kill me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,076 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:17 PM

The last night in Nashville my friends all went out to hit up the honky tonk bars and such. I stayed in because I was so sick (cold hit me right before going on the trip) and cleaned the house up/took a nap on the couch with a movie. Honestly enjoyed myself way more than if I'd gone out.  

Well, about the time I popped my NyQuil and was headed to bed, two of them showed up, too drunk to open the door. Their Lyft driver had smoked them up on the way home- so they were wasted and stoned and freaking out because he walked them to the door. He saw me, waved and left- pretty sure he was just making sure their idiot a$$es got home safe/were at the correct address. 

Turns out he wasn't even their driver- they just hopped in the first Lyft they saw after ordering one. They tipped him 20 bucks... unfortunately they didn't even pay for the ride because it wasn't theirs (ride would've cost about 20-30 bucks). So while I'm pretty questionable on the whole "here, let me smoke up these two wasted girls on a Monday night" thing, I'm grateful he got them home safe even though they weren't his fare. Hope he made that money back somehow. 

We took Ubers/Lyfts all weekend- most were pretty great. Had a couple who were downright rude. 

You couldn't pay me enough money to be a Lyft/Uber driver in a party city. Between the antics and vomit and horrible traffic- not enough money in the world. 

Edited by josie, 21 April 2018 - 02:18 PM.

#124 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 21,705 posts

Posted 21 April 2018 - 02:49 PM

Sketch always shows up late night with booze. Thankfully, it's only happened to me a couple times and I uncomfortabley wiggled out of the scenarios. Middle aged women be horny yo.

#125 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 21,705 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

Had my worst experience as a driver last night and the rider never got in the vehicle. I pull up to a popular bar in the 585, I immediately see a man wearing some sort of native American garb restraining a woman with a bear hug type move. He proceeds to drag her to my jeep. He's also with another woman who appears to be his spouse. The guy hops in my front seat to let his better half attempt to get drunk lady into my jeep. So the next 10 minutes is this woman trying to force her blacked out, unable to walk friend into my backseat. Old drunkie is having none of it. Like a cat knowing it's going to the vet splaying it's limbs to prevent crating, this woman was not getting in. I want out.

So stumbles finally has enough and sprints toward the bar. I see my window, it wasn't easy as I had to back onto Monroe Ave around midnight but I wasnt going to let that deter me. I hit cancel ride, with no charge to customer, flew onto Monroe, and sped down the side street adjacent to the bar. I love this job!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off Topic