Photo

What is the Sabres Greatest Hope of a Bright Future?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 blåbär

blåbär

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:18 PM

No.

Not “because billionaire.”

People think he’s a good owner for the reasons I mentioned, and because they know too well what bad ownership looks like.

As for JBott — TP interviewed 7 candidates, each of whom was a well-regarded and respectable hockey guy. How do you think he formulated his list? Do you think he was too busy rolling around in a bed of money to consult with NHL people about this? Or do you just assume, because of #narrative #fearandloathing, that he...what, exactly?

If I was TP I'd roll around in a bed of money  :P

#82 SkuggaLiger

SkuggaLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:39 PM

No PA is just your narrative. It isn't trolling, it's what you believe and what you force into every thread. Take a look PA, 9 of 10 threads you post in discuss the owner and your belief. Why? Because narrative. Best part, I don't have read any of it.

Ps post merging is awesome and I love it
What is the Sabres greatest hope, that's the thread, yet here we are talking about PAs narrative of Pegulas right and ability to own the team.

#83 TräskB

TräskB

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,476 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

No PA is just your narrative. It isn't trolling, it's what you believe and what you force into every thread. Take a look PA, 9 of 10 threads you post in discuss the owner and your belief. Why? Because narrative. Best part, I don't have read any of it.

What is the Sabres greatest hope, that's the thread, yet here we are talking about PAs narrative of Pegulas right and ability to own the team.

Someone else actually brought up ownership first. 

Pa responded.

And the nfreeman, defender of the rich, swooped in.

#84 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,486 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 04:58 PM

Someone else actually brought up ownership first. 

Pa responded.

And the nfreeman, defender of the rich, swooped in.

#Ligernarrative

Holy cow.  This is easier than I thought.

This whole narrative thing that runs rampant on this board is ###### stupid.  None of us have the influence to have a narrative.  It's just ###### opinions people.

Edited by We've, 22 November 2017 - 04:59 PM.

#85 Georgia Flakt

Georgia Flakt

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:06 PM

https://thehockeywri...failed-rebuild/

Good read!

#86 PAnnySabreFan

PAnnySabreFan

The guy at the end of the bar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,364 posts

Posted 22 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

#Ligernarrative

Holy cow.  This is easier than I thought.

This whole narrative thing that runs rampant on this board is ###### stupid.  None of us have the influence to have a narrative.  It's just ###### opinions people.

And when you agree, it's not narrative, it's :thumbsup: .

He has a right to own the team. He is able to own it. He just sucks at it.

No.

Not “because billionaire.”

People think he’s a good owner for the reasons I mentioned, and because they know too well what bad ownership looks like.

As for JBott — TP interviewed 7 candidates, each of whom was a well-regarded and respectable hockey guy. How do you think he formulated his list? Do you think he was too busy rolling around in a bed of money to consult with NHL people about this? Or do you just assume, because of #narrative #fearandloathing, that he...what, exactly?

I think Russ helped, which should scare the bejesus out of you and everyone else. And IIRC the league offered its assistance, presumably because they were also bejesus-scared he was going to run into Gil Perreault at Golden Corral.

#87 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

And when you agree, it's not narrative, it's :thumbsup: .

He has a right to own the team. He is able to own it. He just sucks at it.

I think Russ helped, which should scare the bejesus out of you and everyone else. And IIRC the league offered its assistance, presumably because they were also bejesus-scared he was going to run into Gil Perreault at Golden Corral.

The likelihood that Russ played a significant role is regrettably greater than zero, and you are right that that does indeed scare the poop outta me.

But I think it's much more likely that the NHL played a real role in TP formulating his list, and that RB did not.

#88 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,505 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 04:45 PM

Very good article.  Thanks for posting.

#89 Georgia Flakt

Georgia Flakt

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:53 PM

Our greatest hope is that Jbot actually knows what he is doing and will do the rebuild correctly.  Although I'm not sure that waiving Griffith is the first step.

#90 Borkman

Borkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,568 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 06:09 PM

Our greatest hope is that Jbot actually knows what he is doing and will do the rebuild correctly. Although I'm not sure that waiving Griffith is the first step.

Why is anyone thinking about that for millisecond?