524 replies to this topic

#521 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,299 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:16 PM

That's a good point. For most of these guys, it's just Bylsma, then Housley. I don't think it's too much to ask to not be in dead last place due to system changes. If teams that change coaches/systems routinely ended up at the bottom, that bottom wouldn't be the bottom, it'd be the middle.

Yep. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that someone in the organization felt the need to try and calm the fans down, and THAT is the best excuse Gibby could come up with. Uh, oh, to the BatPhone, SDS!

#522 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,111 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:32 PM

Yep. I'm still shaking my head at the fact that someone in the organization felt the need to try and calm the fans down, and THAT is the best excuse Gibby could come up with. Uh, oh, to the BatPhone, SDS!

I thought Rob worked for MSG, not the Sabres. Wouldn't it have been a producer from MSG feeding him that take?

#523 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,299 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

I thought Rob worked for MSG, not the Sabres. Wouldn't it have been a producer from MSG feeding him that take?

Everyone on the broadcast crew is an employee of the Sabres. https://www.nhl.com/sabres/team/staff MSG is by no means an independent entity that "covers" the Sabres. It's just the carrier of the content.

Edited by PASabreFan, 13 October 2017 - 09:19 PM.

#524 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,111 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

Everyone on the broadcast crew is an employee of the Sabres. https://www.nhl.com/sabres/team/staffMSG is by no means an independent entity that "covers" the Sabres. It's just the carrier of the content.

Wow. I didn't know that.

#525 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 04:09 PM

I keep wondering if the real failure was not getting Babcock

The team would certainly look better this year if we had, no doubt in my mind. Last year, too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, San Jose, Sharks, Western Road Trip, Left Coast