323 replies to this topic

#321 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,132 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 08:09 AM

Also, great to see an old Hopeless post. After he moved to Japan we never got him back. :(

Is that what happened to him?  I must have missed that, but always wondered why he disappeared.

Not throwing old posts in people's faces? What fun is that?! I looked at one other thread you linked. I'm not even sure saber61 was a real person. The post seemed bot-ish.

I could never read a thing from that guy.  I would spend the entire post wondering when he would fix his damn username.

#322 matter2003

matter2003

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted Today, 08:49 AM

Watching this team is like listening to someone scrape nails on a chalkboard. Nothing comes easy. Making a simple crisp tape to tape pass is near impossible. The puck ends up behind where the player has to stop and turn around, or misses him or goes directly to the other team. I mean this is getting really painful to watch how bad this team is at simple fundamental plays that other teams make in their sleep without thinking about.

If I was Housley I would make practice just about fundamentals until they started doing them properly in the game and tell them they havent earned the right to practice anything else yet.

You want to not be able to do stuff that you learn in Pre-Wee hockey? Fine we will practice like we are in Pre-Wee hockey. You make a bad pass? Cool. You sit there and watch while every other player skates a lap. Because at this point nothing else really matters until they can start doing fundamental things right. They give themselves no chances in these games playing the way they are right now.

Edited by matter2003, Today, 08:53 AM.

#323 shotgunner

shotgunner

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted Today, 10:03 AM

Watching this team is like listening to someone scrape nails on a chalkboard. Nothing comes easy. Making a simple crisp tape to tape pass is near impossible. The puck ends up behind where the player has to stop and turn around, or misses him or goes directly to the other team. I mean this is getting really painful to watch how bad this team is at simple fundamental plays that other teams make in their sleep without thinking about.

If I was Housley I would make practice just about fundamentals until they started doing them properly in the game and tell them they havent earned the right to practice anything else yet.

You want to not be able to do stuff that you learn in Pre-Wee hockey? Fine we will practice like we are in Pre-Wee hockey. You make a bad pass? Cool. You sit there and watch while every other player skates a lap. Because at this point nothing else really matters until they can start doing fundamental things right. They give themselves no chances in these games playing the way they are right now.

Yeah, what a terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad effort.

Not only did everyone look bad and out of place, but also slow and lazy. You would think we were 65 games in and already eliminated.

I really hope the team "comes around" as the year progresses, but if it doesn't happen soon it will be too little, too late. Plus being slow and lazy is not generally something that rebounds well.

#324 Crusader1969

Crusader1969

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted Today, 10:49 AM

This is an easy one :

Lack of talent - plain and simple

Bottom 2 lines are terrible. 4th line is consistently stuck in their own end, 3rd line brings absolutely nothing.
On D - Tennyson is an AHLer, Beaulieu is constantly making bad decisions or turning the puck over
The team has zero depth. Guys who should be in press box are in the line-up, there isn't competition for jobs

I don't think it's lack of effort , it's they just aren't good enough especially to play housleys system
Bylsmas ultra conservative system would probably be better for the current roster but long term the team will be better off with Phil behind the bench. He just needs to horses to play

Bottom line: long and frustrating season ahead.