41 replies to this topic

#41 shotgunner

shotgunner

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:03 PM

Speaking of which, this is a GREAT story. I would have never thought of it. I hope shelters all over start doing it.

http://www.pennlive....ond_chance.html

It seems like dog people want to own an animal, and the stupid dogs are happy to oblige. Maybe cat people want to be owned — if so, their cats seem more than willing to fulfill that fantasy.

That's a great story/program. Cats are also much happier when they have a purpose (just like everyone), and are just plain incredible at killing. That's why big cats are so dang scary.

Nowadays I get free cats on craigslist. But it has been a problem on shelters with people who want "mousers" are denied. I went to a shelter with (no BS) 400+ cats. They parted like the red sea when I pulled in, and there were 3 cats on my truck when I came back to it. Anyhow, I was denied a cat because of my wanting it to eat mice. I recued/"adopted" all 5 of my dogs and I am pretty much a perfect candidate otherwise.

Glad to see them use sense with these "hard case" cats, I do know that cats get killed in shelters at a much higher rate than dogs. 

And it's good dogs are kinda dumb, because we pretty much rely on stockholm syndrome to make them love us.

#42 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,105 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:26 AM

i HATE CATS,

I will take one kitten in, if you still have them.

I so do love my GF.

New ###### is always good. :ph34r: