366 replies to this topic

#361 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

The initial thread was made before preseason games. I said Nylander hoping to hold onto Reinhart.  After watching Reinhart ( I know it was preseason) at center I am still not impressed and would rather have Duchene for the next five years. Hence why I upped and gave up Reinhart and kept Nylander.

Duchene is only signed through next season. It's unlikely he'd sign a 3 year deal at 27-28 years old, so you either get him for 2 years (heck no) or 8-9 years, years 3-9 of those at probably $8M+

#362 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,593 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

First off, that's not getting you Duchene. Bob Mackenzie said about a month ago that the asking price top 2 D-man, high end D prospect, NHL forward and 1st rd pick. I like McCabe but i don't think he qualifies as top 2 on many teams in the league, hes a solid 3-4. If the Avs were willing, it would be McCabe, Guhle, Reinhart and a 1st maybe 2nd and that is just way to much for Duchene, who is a center by the way not a winger. We dont even know Reinhart's ceiling yet and his floor is likely 50 points, he's practically equaling Duchene's output.

So from the frontrunning teams:
Ekholm, Fabbro, Jarnkrok and a first?
Or Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first?

Would you pull the trigger if you were Nashville or Columbus.
I think many underrate Duchen, but that price is too high to pay for any team, IMO.

Who gives away their third-best defenceman and their best defensive prospect in the same trade?
How does an organization backfill that hole?

Edited by dudacek, 03 October 2017 - 01:48 PM.

#363 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:48 PM

So from the frontrunning teams:
Ekholm, Fabbro, Jarnkrok and a first?
Or Murray, Carlsson, Anderson and a first?

Would you pull the trigger if you were Nashville or Columbus.
I think many underrate Duchen, but that price is too high to pay for any team, IMO.

Who gives away their third-best defenceman and their best defensive prospect in the same trade?
How does an organization backfill that hole?

That Nashville package could land 2 Duchenes IMO.

#364 Pokey Jones

Pokey Jones

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

I think at this point both those teams will wait to see how their season is going and this trade will not happen until the deadline or close to it. 

#365 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,646 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

I think at this point both those teams will wait to see how their season is going and this trade will not happen until the deadline or close to it.

You mean Nashville and Colorado?

#366 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

It's a ridiculous price for him. He should be at the peak of his prime, but his output has decreased from 70 pts to the 50's forvtwo years and then in the 41 last year. Why invest huge assets plus $6 mill in such a player for one season to then have him walk for greener pastures after the season? It makes no sense.

#367 Pokey Jones

Pokey Jones

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:34 PM

You mean Nashville and Colorado?

Nashville & Columbus. I think those are the only serious suitors right now.