337 replies to this topic

#321 Murray's Rats

Murray's Rats

Since Gilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,784 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:49 PM

It would've been great after he scored in the 3rd and just flipped disco the bird.

yeah it would have

#322 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

In his defense, I think he may be watching the video replay screens under the bench.

That's the point.  Hoping to get a goal overturned is his only reaction.  He's got nothing else.

Well - last year we won a lot down the stretch and it cost us in the draft. Maybe this year we'll continue to suck til the end, maybe get some lottery luck and hopefully fire ###### Dan. This season was over when we lost to Col and ARI, they should have fired ###### then

The season was lost on 12/29 when they played one of their best first periods of the year against the Boston Bruins, going up 2-0, then lost the game.  I knew then that they were doomed.

#323 pi2000

pi2000

A. Matthews loves money more than hockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

My expert analysis on all 6 Flyer goals:

1st goal: Foligno out of position, not in the shot lane, Risto not engaged with this man. 

2nd goal: Foligno turns it over at the blueline, Girgenson vacates the zone, McCabe and Risto both take the guy driving the center lane and Gudas has all day to rip it home from the ladies tees.

3rd goal: D-Lo whiffs on his check, Risto fails to get his stick on the pass.  McCabe ties up his man, but poor recognition he fails to block the pass as it careens in off a Flyer skate.

4th goal: Gio out of position standing in no-mans land 6 feet in front of Lehner, O'Reilly recognizes and tries to cover Gio's point but it's too late as the shot gets through.  Gio stands and watches the puck, motionless, then makes a lame attempt to cover Giroux when he realizes he's all alone because O'Reilly is trying to cover for him on the point.

5th goal: Ennis leaves his position to make a weak play at the puck at the top of the circle on his weak side, leaving his point man (Del Zotto) on his strong side wide open to waltz in and rip a shot over a screened Lehner.  Risto fails to clear the net front. 

6th goal: Poor decision by McCabe to pinch, Moulson/Reinhart too slow to get back leaving Konecny 1-on-1 with Risto who whiffs on a weak stick check, backing off instead of stepping up and playing the body allowing Konecy to get off a clean shot top shelf on Lehner.

Some bad positional play, lack of communication, poor effort.   Ennis, Gio, Foligno just as much to blame as Risto and McCabe.

#324 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:01 AM

Some bad positional play?

THAT'S YOUR COACH

#325 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:15 AM

Fu*k it tank on Garth

Tanking is like the weather. If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.

Risto with the -5. Very disappointed in his play the second half of the season. He looks extremely fatigued every shift, conditioning issues?

Overuse issues.

http://www.26shirts....ition-fine.html

"Our teams are fine."

My new FB cover photo.

#326 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 01:02 AM

Remember when Bellemare was the one player in the league with 1900+ minutes since Lazar began his career who had fewer ES points per 60 than Lazar? We changed that tonight, Lazar is now the worst, presumably.

One thing I liked about Dan tonight - Lehner got all bitchy when he got pulled in Toronto, and so Dan left him out there longer than most goalies would be. Eat some more rubber bud, or not, since you can't stop a beach ball.

corsiflyers.jpg

Shredded by a very bad possession team.

#327 eman

eman

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

This season is about to get even uglier with the schedule coming up. Blue Jackets back to back then a nice West Coast trip. We will be lucky if this club is .500 this season. Doubtful we will reach last seasons overall point total as well. Even WGR conceded that a coaching change may be in the offing come the off season. Look at what Julien has done in Montreal? A little adjustment period and the Habs are off to the races. Next season is definitely on Tim Murray. Another slow start after summer inactivity and you have to consider someone new.

#328 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:17 AM

:censored:

I hate when the Sabres lose.

That is compounded 1,000 times when we lose to these buggers, or the Bruins.  The Flyers and Bruins are my 1A and 1A most hated teams in the NHL.  There are no others even close.  I don't really hate any other teams.

That's all.

#329 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,019 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:22 AM

I'm not going to go back and review the pertinent section of the thread, but... what was with Bylsma's challenge? I could wring Rob's neck every time he sees, "You gotta take a chance." When you have zero chance? I also don't get the argument that the challenge was to get an extra-long timeout. You'd never take a timeout in that situation.

If Rex should have gotten fired for punting, Bylsma should be fired for that challenge alone.

#330 Derrico

Derrico

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:24 AM

At this point Bylsma has way more justification for being fired than Rex. 

#331 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,262 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:30 AM

I'm not going to go back and review the pertinent section of the thread, but... what was with Bylsma's challenge? I could wring Rob's neck every time he sees, "You gotta take a chance." When you have zero chance? I also don't get the argument that the challenge was to get an extra-long timeout. You'd never take a timeout in that situation.

If Rex should have gotten fired for punting, Bylsma should be fired for that challenge alone.

I did a lot of yelling at the TV there. And he does it all the time.
There was no chance that gets overturned.
There was no need for a "fake" time out.

How about "They got lucky boys. Get it back."
His lack of leadership and the lack of confidence he shows in the players drive me nuts.

Edited by dudacek, 08 March 2017 - 09:31 AM.

#332 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:32 AM

I did a lot of yelling at the TV there. And he does it all the time.
There was no chance that gets overturned.
There was no need for a "fake" time out.

How about "They got lucky boys. Get it back."
His lack of leadership and the lack of confidence he shows in the players drive me nuts.

The replay officials are just so good. We didn't stand a chance. We need to get out there and grind the replay guys down. 

#333 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:52 AM

Despite his coach's best efforts to not play any sort of offensive hockey.

oh the coach has them playing offensive hockey.....

#334 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:03 AM

At this point Bylsma has way more justification for being fired than Rex.

no he doesn't, atleast DB can flash a ring as justification why he was hired and should have time to work this out. I never agreed with the DB hiring, I never thought he was good but atleast he can say he was coach of a cup winning team.

Rex has nothing but his moron brother and his dads name and that should have been enough for anyone to justify why not to hire the idiot in the first place

Plus I would say DB has caused the Sabres to regress yet which is very hard to do when coming out of the ###### show tank that everyone wanted. Rex took the team backwards for no good reason other then ego and inability to coach anything but his antiquated system.

#335 Formerly Allan in MD

Formerly Allan in MD

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

The second Philly goal was terrible.  McCabe dropped off his man to clog the middle, where we already had coverage, and the guy had all day to blast away on the vacated right side with no one anywhere near him.

#336 Derrico

Derrico

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:24 AM

no he doesn't, atleast DB can flash a ring as justification why he was hired and should have time to work this out. I never agreed with the DB hiring, I never thought he was good but atleast he can say he was coach of a cup winning team.

Rex has nothing but his moron brother and his dads name and that should have been enough for anyone to justify why not to hire the idiot in the first place

Plus I would say DB has caused the Sabres to regress yet which is very hard to do when coming out of the ###### show tank that everyone wanted. Rex took the team backwards for no good reason other then ego and inability to coach anything but his antiquated system.

Agreed that Rex is a tool but the Bills are still lacking in talent.  The Sabres D is awful but you have one of the best players in the NHL right now.  He's leading the league in points by a good margin since February 1st.  They've won one of their last 8 games.  That's like Rex having Aaron Rogers at QB and going 8-8.....

#337 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 21,859 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:01 PM

Agreed that Rex is a tool but the Bills are still lacking in talent.  The Sabres D is awful but you have one of the best players in the NHL right now.  He's leading the league in points by a good margin since February 1st.  They've won one of their last 8 games.  That's like Rex having Aaron Rogers at QB and going 8-8.....

The Bills had a ton of talent on that roster

#338 DarthEbriate

DarthEbriate

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:15 PM

<Dons cheesehead to respond to Packers-based comment> More like 6-10.  Remember, we're 27-40 on the season. <Puts cheesehead back in refrigerator>

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game Discussion Thread, Flyers