#2601 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Do you have a bloody skin tag?

Not sure of the medical term, but it's a skin tag that has a vein or a capillary to it. You pick at it, bump it wrong, get it caught on a loose thread getting undressed and starts to bleed and never stops?

Had a bunch burned off myself. Annoying as all hell those things.

You burned them off yourself? Like with a Hot Pocket or something?

#2602 Touched by Boyes

Touched by Boyes

Honorary Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

200.gif#32

#2603 Woods-Racer

Woods-Racer

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:45 PM

Exactly :lol: :lol:

'Whats the bandaid on your chest for?'

'Ughhh don't worry about it. Are those new pants? They look great on you!'
Well played
It is basically the co consistency of a water balloon, but marble size and filled with blood

I'm glad you're going to the Doc for it! Has to be as annoying as all hell.

#2604 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:48 PM

I'm not sure how much credence there is the the Anti OT Thread movement here, but since the newer, juicier thread is... uh, juicy, I'll stay over here to put my 2 cents in. 

I lurk all threads, but mostly only contribute to OT. It's a shyness thing, a realization that I really don't know enough to make really great or meaningful posts in the hockey threads. That and I hate internet fighting.

After a few years of babbling in OT with people, I've felt I've gained enough of a rapport with the most frequent users here to occasionally venture into a hockey thread/GDT and bomb it with amusing gifs. I mean, uh, contribute. I wouldn't stick around if there wasn't that awesome semblance of humanity, flawed and great, that you get in the OT- that's what makes a community a community rather than a bunch of random fans at a bar rumbling together during a game and walking away after. 

And I like it intermingled with the hardcore hockey stuff. Playing hockey is, at least for me, equal parts about loving playing the game and loving bullsh!tting over beers with people afterwards. I guess that's what I like about this forum. 

Ok, off my tiny soapbox now, mutter amongst yourselves! 

Nonsense!!  You play the game, right?  So, you know your stuff.

I have two of those. Oh. Wait.

You too, eh?  It's like an epidemic, or something.

#2605 Woods-Racer

Woods-Racer

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Yes, with a knobby knife.

http://www.knobbyknife.com/

Thought it would also cauterize it, but that didn't work as planned. That is how I know about the super glue remedy.

#2606 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 03:53 PM

Thought it would also cauterize it, but that didn't work as planned. That is how I know about the super glue remedy.

:sick:

#2607 North Buffalo

North Buffalo

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,954 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

In hospitals its called techaderm
but basically the same thing.

#2608 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

I'm driving past the high school around the corner from my house today. It's time for dismissal so all the students are leaving. What song is playing on my radio, you ask? My Sharona by the Knack. Yeah, I immediately changed that. Drove another hundred yards, where the elementary school was also letting out. What song comes on, you ask? Why none other than Jethro Tull - Aqualung.

Man, I bet the cops are at my house any minute now.

#2609 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 04:54 PM

I'm not sure how much credence there is the the Anti OT Thread movement here, but since the newer, juicier thread is... uh, juicy, I'll stay over here to put my 2 cents in. 

I lurk all threads, but mostly only contribute to OT. It's a shyness thing, a realization that I really don't know enough to make really great or meaningful posts in the hockey threads. That and I hate internet fighting.

After a few years of babbling in OT with people, I've felt I've gained enough of a rapport with the most frequent users here to occasionally venture into a hockey thread/GDT and bomb it with amusing gifs. I mean, uh, contribute. I wouldn't stick around if there wasn't that awesome semblance of humanity, flawed and great, that you get in the OT- that's what makes a community a community rather than a bunch of random fans at a bar rumbling together during a game and walking away after. 

And I like it intermingled with the hardcore hockey stuff. Playing hockey is, at least for me, equal parts about loving playing the game and loving bullsh!tting over beers with people afterwards. I guess that's what I like about this forum. 

Ok, off my tiny soapbox now, mutter amongst yourselves! 

That doesn't stop most of us, don't be shy!

I'm driving past the high school around the corner from my house today. It's time for dismissal so all the students are leaving. What song is playing on my radio, you ask? My Sharona by the Knack. Yeah, I immediately changed that. Drove another hundred yards, where the elementary school was also letting out. What song comes on, you ask? Why none other than Jethro Tull - Aqualung.

Man, I bet the cops are at my house any minute now.

Hahaha, nice.

#2610 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,382 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

That doesn't stop most of us, don't be shy!

Yeah, don't equate frequency of posting with knowledge.  I'm about as dumb as they come.  But I am a fan, so there's that.

#2611 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,236 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Old cars are funny. Put a new battery in the Buick tonight in preparation for it entering service next Monday. Get in, start the car, and the "put your seatbelt on" alarm will not stop. It's just humming away no matter what I do. Okay. Turn the car off, get out, disconnect the battery, reconnect it, get in the car, PUT MY SEATBELT ON, start the car, no problem.

Apparently my car is most insistent that I wear my seatbelt. Ominous...

#2612 Woods-Racer

Woods-Racer

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:34 AM

In hospitals its called techaderm
but basically the same thing.

Same day surgery center is where I had it done. Worst part is getting the numbing shots. Quick cut and they spray nitrogen(?) to freeze and cauterize.

Knobby knife and super glue would do the trick but the smell from the hot knife would be nasty.

#2613 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,703 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

It was 44 years ago today:

#2614 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

It was 44 years ago today:

Awesome.

That Cashman was a dirty little fighter.  He clearly is pulling that red hair.

#2615 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 22,444 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:15 PM

Alan Thick has passed away from a heart attack while playing hockey with his son. He was 69

Edited by WildCard, 13 December 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#2616 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 33,236 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:32 PM

Alan Thick has passed away from a heart attack while playing hockey with his son. He was 69

That's how I want to go.

#2617 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:29 PM

That's how I want to go.

You think his son will play hockey with you if you look like you are going to die?

#2618 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 33,236 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:35 PM

You think his son will play hockey with you if you look like you are going to die?

He's a weird guy, you never know.

#2619 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,327 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:40 PM

:worthy:

#2620 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

Good news- Jack Eichel and I now have something in common!!

Bad news- The trait we share is that we fell on the ice and injured our ankles.

Worse news- Mine is broken. Bad. I'm told it's the "good" bone to break in the ankle. But I'm currently in a cast and awaiting an appointment with an orthopedic to see about a surgery to insert a plate.

#2621 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 22,444 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:24 PM

Worse news- Mine is broken. Bad. I'm told it's the "good" bone to break in the ankle. But I'm currently in a cast and awaiting an appointment with an orthopedic to see about a surgery to insert a plate.

I mean, to be fair man, look at your avatar :lol:

#2622 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:34 PM

Ooh no fun. Had that last year. 

Good luck with it, man! 

#2623 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,327 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:05 PM

Awesome.

That Cashman was a dirty little fighter.  He clearly is pulling that red hair.

Roby was reminiscing about this game on the radio this morning with Howard Simon. He said one of the Bruins that Schoenfeld fought, the next day, looked like the inside of a goat. I almost had to pull over.

He also said Schoeny like "Shonny" instead of "Shoney." Which seems right. Uh oh, Swamp.

#2624 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

I mean, to be fair man, look at your avatar :lol:

Haha guess I had it coming. I made a couple jokes comparing myself to Eichel when I was at urgent care. Turns out here in Ohio, the nurse and X-ray tech didn't get it...

Ooh no fun. Had that last year.

Good luck with it, man!

It hurt tremendously at first, then swelled so much that my whole foot went numb. Once the numbness wears off, I'm expecting the pain to kick back up. Currently very manageable if still.

I normally stick to upper body injuries. First time on crutches, so I'm still quite awkward! Will have to get that down. Or get a scooter like Jack :)

#2625 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 10:24 PM

Haha guess I had it coming. I made a couple jokes comparing myself to Eichel when I was at urgent care. Turns out here in Ohio, the nurse and X-ray tech didn't get it...

It hurt tremendously at first, then swelled so much that my whole foot went numb. Once the numbness wears off, I'm expecting the pain to kick back up. Currently very manageable if still.

I normally stick to upper body injuries. First time on crutches, so I'm still quite awkward! Will have to get that down. Or get a scooter like Jack :)

You're gonna love how much upper body strength you get once you get the hang of them though! Just... be careful around stairs. I let being in a hurry and my ego get in the way and decided "no, I don't need to go up and down the stairs on my butt every time."
It went pretty well. Until the time I fell face first, no way of stopping myself, all the way down the damn stairs and damn near broke other bones... 

But yeah, best of luck with the surgery and everything. You should be able to fully shower a month or so sooner that way :) 

#2626 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 08:31 AM

You're gonna love how much upper body strength you get once you get the hang of them though! Just... be careful around stairs. I let being in a hurry and my ego get in the way and decided "no, I don't need to go up and down the stairs on my butt every time."
It went pretty well. Until the time I fell face first, no way of stopping myself, all the way down the damn stairs and damn near broke other bones...

But yeah, best of luck with the surgery and everything. You should be able to fully shower a month or so sooner that way :)

Wow. Yesterday everything was so numb. I mean it hurt, but it was super manageable. Woke up this morning, and alllllll of that numbness was gone. Luckily my prescription zapped the pain pretty damn fast. Sadly I see how people with chronic pain get addicted to these things.

I tried the crutches on the stairs, but right knee plus left foot is so much quicker going up. And sliding on my butt feels so much safer going down. Unfortunately I have outside stairs to get into my place, so I can't really slide without getting all snowy. I'll have to figure it out.

We have so much ice that I think I'm going to invest in a scooter. Plus I just hate the crutches in general. Probably something I'd get over, but I know I'll be happier with a scooter. Quality of life, right? :)

#2627 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

Wow. Yesterday everything was so numb. I mean it hurt, but it was super manageable. Woke up this morning, and alllllll of that numbness was gone. Luckily my prescription zapped the pain pretty damn fast. Sadly I see how people with chronic pain get addicted to these things.

I tried the crutches on the stairs, but right knee plus left foot is so much quicker going up. And sliding on my butt feels so much safer going down. Unfortunately I have outside stairs to get into my place, so I can't really slide without getting all snowy. I'll have to figure it out.

We have so much ice that I think I'm going to invest in a scooter. Plus I just hate the crutches in general. Probably something I'd get over, but I know I'll be happier with a scooter. Quality of life, right? :)

Sorry to hear about your injury.  A few years back I broke my tibial plateau and still have five screws in my knee.  If you end up needing hardware in the ankle be wary of the aftermath....by far the worst pain I have felt in my life was after waking up from that surgery with insufficient pain meds on board. Maybe mention something to the anesthesiologist before surgery.

Oh and take that stool softener, those pain meds can really back you up.

#2628 jsb

jsb

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Sorry to hear about your injury.  A few years back I broke my tibial plateau and still have five screws in my knee.  If you end up needing hardware in the ankle be wary of the aftermath....by far the worst pain I have felt in my life was after waking up from that surgery with insufficient pain meds on board. Maybe mention something to the anesthesiologist before surgery.

All of this is so true. 

On the pain.... yes, especially the night of the surgery and the morning after, meds couldn't kick in fast enough. 

As for the meds my recommendation is to eat plenty of fiber especially in the morning/breakfast. Much better to keep it active than to have it back up on you. Trust me you don't want to go there.

#2629 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

All of this is so true. 

On the pain.... yes, especially the night of the surgery and the morning after, meds couldn't kick in fast enough. 

As for the meds my recommendation is to eat plenty of fiber especially in the morning/breakfast. Much better to keep it active than to have it back up on you. Trust me you don't want to go there.

Geez, hadn't even considered this yet. First time on pain medication this strong, so that's news to me. Thanks, guys!

Heading off to my orthopedic appointment now. Will decide if I need a plate or not. I'm super leery of getting hardware in my ankle, but I broke it pretty good. I'm going in expecting to hear that I need it.

#2630 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,483 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

Geez, hadn't even considered this yet. First time on pain medication this strong, so that's news to me. Thanks, guys!

Heading off to my orthopedic appointment now. Will decide if I need a plate or not. I'm super leery of getting hardware in my ankle, but I broke it pretty good. I'm going in expecting to hear that I need it.

They have Probiotic capsules you can take. :thumbsup:

#2631 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:40 PM

The verdict: surgery on Tuesday.

Getting a plate. And a screw. And possibly ligament repair. Should be fun :P

#2632 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:41 PM

The *screw* should be ...  :blush:

#2633 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:04 PM

Ooohwee. The ligament was the problem for me- they didn't touch it, just put in a plate and screws, and getting that sucker to work correctly took a looong time. Hopefully that'll go easier for you with some intervention. Good luck with it all! And if you're nauseated as hell coming out of anesthetic, they gave me some zofran that kept me from hurling- might help you! 

#2634 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,327 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

Eich better note whether his shirt is tucked or untucked before they knock him out.

#2635 sabills

sabills

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

I had a small one that annoyed me for years. Eventually I had it surgically removed by myself in the bathroom with a pair of nail clippers. It bled like a sonovabitch for a while, but soo worth it in the end.

#2636 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Eich better note whether his shirt is tucked or untucked before they knock him out.

Ha, poor wording on my part. Thanks for the chuckle, appreciate it :)

Ooohwee. The ligament was the problem for me- they didn't touch it, just put in a plate and screws, and getting that sucker to work correctly took a looong time. Hopefully that'll go easier for you with some intervention. Good luck with it all! And if you're nauseated as hell coming out of anesthetic, they gave me some zofran that kept me from hurling- might help you! 

The ligament is a big concern to me as well. Doc said that he won't know until he's in there if he has to artificially reattach anything. All I know if that it's mainly the sprain that's hurting me. The break? Eh. Keep weight off my heel and I'm fine. But try to rotate or flex my foot? The pain shoots all the way up to my knee. 

Oh well, I'm staying positive about it. Employer is being very helpful and understanding too (it happened while working). And my fiancee just finished her last test and lab rotation of the semester, so she's free to chauffeur me around now. All things considered, things are about as good as they could be with a broken ankle. 

#2637 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,114 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Bogo Has a new health juice out

Hmmm...

#2638 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:48 PM

Ha, poor wording on my part. Thanks for the chuckle, appreciate it :)

The ligament is a big concern to me as well. Doc said that he won't know until he's in there if he has to artificially reattach anything. All I know if that it's mainly the sprain that's hurting me. The break? Eh. Keep weight off my heel and I'm fine. But try to rotate or flex my foot? The pain shoots all the way up to my knee. 

Oh well, I'm staying positive about it. Employer is being very helpful and understanding too (it happened while working). And my fiancee just finished her last test and lab rotation of the semester, so she's free to chauffeur me around now. All things considered, things are about as good as they could be with a broken ankle. 

Having someone to get you around helps immensely. Sounds like you have the right attitude about it! Will make things go a little better! 

#2639 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,902 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:50 PM

Hmmm...

This is some kind of joke, right?

Is it April already?  Are the Sabre still playing?

#2640 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,327 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 07:12 PM

Hmmm...

It's the stuff they gave King Kong?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: offtopic