Photo

Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

• Please log in to reply
559 replies to this topic

#521 Maui Jim

Maui Jim

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:38 AM

Buffalo fans have become so negative about everything, it’s hard to wonder how it translates to the players and coaches of the teams.

They are nice jerseys.

Ditto.  Except, I'd change that to people in this forum.  This uni is a breath of fresh air, compared to the current ones.  The new ones will look even better on television.  Let's make a nice royal blue "home" jersey to match, get rid of the "NY", and be done with it.  

Edited by Maui Jim, 25 November 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#522 Marvelo

Marvelo

You heard it here first.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Just once I'd like the Sabres to wear the uniform of the 1969-70 AHL champion Buffalo Bisons. It's a red-hot zinger, as opposed to any of the mediocrities the Sabres ever came up with. I don't care if Coke is the concessionaire in the arena, whatever it's called now. Change it to Pepsi. Buffalo has always been a Pepsi town, not Coke.

The Pegulas can afford anything. Instead, they play with the teams like they're some gardening project. Turdburger or All-red Bills uniform? The Pegulas have bad uniform ideas cornered...while always missing what's obvious, right in front of their face and great.

Further, I'd ditch the blue and yellow forever and have solidarity with the Bills with the red, white and blue color scheme... What blue/yellow team in any sport ever won a championship? If there was one or two in the entire history of sports, I'd be surprised. Blue and yellow are weak and tired colors. The yellow in particular has seeped into the Sabres character...they should have a yellow streak running down the back of the uniform because that's the ingrained cowardly character of the team.

Pittsburgh united the sports teams with one color scheme and Buffalo has become Pittsburgh Jr. so why not?

Attached Files

Edited by Marvelo, 25 November 2017 - 07:04 AM.

#523 carpandean

carpandean

If it ain't worth making a chart, it ain't worth saying.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:42 AM

Just once I'd like the Sabres to wear the uniform of the 1969-70 AHL champion Buffalo Bisons. It's a red-hot zinger, as opposed to any of the mediocrities the Sabres ever came up with. I don't care if Coke is the concessionaire in the arena, whatever it's called now. Change it to Pepsi. Buffalo has always been a Pepsi town, not Coke.

The Pegulas can afford anything. Instead, they play with the teams like they're some gardening project. Turdburger or All-red Bills uniform? The Pegulas have bad uniform ideas cornered...while always missing what's obvious, right in front of their face and great.

:unsure:

So ... is all red good or bad?

#524 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Shut the blank up, you selfish blank!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,138 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:52 AM

Ditto.  Except, I'd change that to people in this forum.  This uni is a breath of fresh air, compared to the current ones.  The new ones will look even better on television.  Let's make a nice royal blue "home" jersey to match, get rid of the "NY", and be done with it.  

Does the 06-07 alternate jersey work for you?

http://www.sportslog...ternate_Uniform

Further, I'd ditch the blue and yellow forever and have solidarity with the Bills with the red, white and blue color scheme... What blue/yellow team in any sport ever won a championship? If there was one or two in the entire history of sports, I'd be surprised. Blue and yellow are weak and tired colors. The yellow in particular has seeped into the Sabres character...they should have a yellow streak running down the back of the uniform because that's the ingrained cowardly character of the team.

Pittsburgh united the sports teams with one color scheme and Buffalo has become Pittsburgh Jr. so why not?

Interesting. That would be a real land mine for Pegula. I wonder if enough of the old-timers are gone and enough of the fans are younger to tolerate a color scheme change. The change to black and red and then back to blue and gold is an interesting case study. Correlation or causation?

I still say the combination of dark and light blue in the St. Louis sweater looks great.

#525 LTS

LTS

I'll be positive for you.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 08:55 AM

Mediocre.
It's a great jersey if your bar for greatness is "not the turdburger"

Great, you don't like them.  You've made it abundantly clear.  Feels like you are chastising me for relating what people in the world are saying.  Sorry for mentioning that people in the world have a different opinion than you.

You could tell me the every person on God's Green earth is getting aroused by them and I'll still tell you they suck. They just don't make sense and are not appealing to the eye. I guess the screaming goat head, Buffaslug and turd burgers have made it so anything other than a complete abomination is considered a success.

Or what dark said.

Or people just like different things than you.  Good god.  Kill the messenger.  For what it's worth apparently they make sense and are appealing to a lot of other people in this world. It's not my fault, go blame them.

#526 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 20,891 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:02 AM

Great, you don't like them. You've made it abundantly clear. Feels like you are chastising me for relating what people in the world are saying. Sorry for mentioning that people in the world have a different opinion than you.

Or people just like different things than you. Good god. Kill the messenger. For what it's worth apparently they make sense and are appealing to a lot of other people in this world. It's not my fault, go blame them.

I'm not blaming anyone for liking them, I'm blaming the designer as they could have done sooooo much better. I'd like to strive for that...better.

#527 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

• Members
  • 27,138 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:04 AM

Finally saw the Rangers jersey and the NY is on theirs too, even more prominently. I'm sure Rangers fans love that. You don't tell New Yawkers where they live! It's just goofy.

#528 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,794 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 10:55 AM

I'm not blaming anyone for liking them, I'm blaming the designer as they could have done sooooo much better. I'd like to strive for that...better.

I'm just not sure this is true. Good and bad is subjective when it comes to unis, and there will always be people that don't like something,… or some that like everything,… or some don't like anything.

I just don't know why people care so much. I just want them to win.

#529 Marvelo

Marvelo

You heard it here first.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

:unsure:

So ... is all red good or bad?

All red is bad.

#530 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

• Members
  • 27,138 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

All red is bad.

She's a tiger though. I wouldn't want to face her in court.

#531 Marvelo

Marvelo

You heard it here first.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 12:57 PM

She's a tiger though. I wouldn't want to face her in court.

Shes going down, the big phony. 

Edited by Marvelo, 25 November 2017 - 01:04 PM.

#532 Sabersfläkt i NS

Sabersfläkt i NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Welcome Jim.  How is Maui?

It took you a while to post, eh?

#533 ABBA_älskare_69

ABBA_älskare_69

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

You're going to give Josie flashbacks to bad clients.

Yup. That's design in a nutshell. I like them but they look like a case of someone having a good retro look and then being told to rein it in to be safe. But then I see the people in the design community around here who get those jobs and... I'm sorry, their work is always really boring. "Solid" and "Traditional" are synonyms for "safe" and "what we always do". And then you get the third jersey turdburgers which are just a bunch of alcoholic chefs who got into the cooking sherry and had made sh!t smoothies all over the kitchen of design. 

If you ask me, which you didn't, these should be our regular away jerseys (minus the stupid little NY on the logo), and our Winter Classic money grab chance to do something cool should hearken to the literal sweaters of the 20s but with a Buffalo theme. The colors are right, the design is banal, but I still like them. Sue me. 

#534 carpandean

carpandean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 04:33 PM

All red is bad.

But aren't you advocating for ...

Attached File  post-2267-0-64453600-1511610933.jpg   51.11KB   4 downloads

#535 Maui Jim

Maui Jim

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

Does the 06-07 alternate jersey work for you?

http://www.sportslog...ternate_Uniform

Interesting. That would be a real land mine for Pegula. I wonder if enough of the old-timers are gone and enough of the fans are younger to tolerate a color scheme change. The change to black and red and then back to blue and gold is an interesting case study. Correlation or causation?

I still say the combination of dark and light blue in the St. Louis sweater looks great.

I liked those better than the current.  If we could've updated the "Aud" home and away jerseys just a bit, but left them royal blue, gold and white, it would've been perfect.  That's kind of why I like the new winter classic jersey.

#536 Marvelo

Marvelo

You heard it here first.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 06:53 PM

But aren't you advocating for ...

attachicon.gifpost-2267-0-64453600-1511610933.jpg

It's not all red. There's white and blue in there.

#537 carpandean

carpandean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

It's not all red. There's white and blue in there.

Right ... and also in here:

d1f581acdff86be97392f60a971bf2c6--team-p

#538 Marvelo

Marvelo

You heard it here first.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 11:17 AM

Right ... and also in here:

d1f581acdff86be97392f60a971bf2c6--team-p

Its the crest and the socks ...and dont forget the alternate white Unis...

Attached Files

#539 MattiPaj

MattiPaj

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:05 AM

There are enough variations of Red White and Blue around the league, Blue and Gold stays (don't really care which Blue). If you want to unify, change the Bills, there's even more variations on Red White and Blue in the NFL; go with something unique.

#540 sabelvilhelm

sabelvilhelm

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

BUY0U6z.jpg

I didn't watch the game last night, but apparently there was a weird camera thing that made our unis look royal instead of navy blue...gorgeous.

#541 gomper

gomper

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:19 PM

BUY0U6z.jpg

I didn't watch the game last night, but apparently there was a weird camera thing that made our unis look royal instead of navy blue...gorgeous.

I noticed that too. Beautiful to watch.

#542 fettmanlitenkappa

fettmanlitenkappa

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

that is so much better than the real color. i vote to change it

#543 carpandean

carpandean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

that is so much better than the real color. i vote to change it

Seconded!

#544 Kottbullar

Kottbullar

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

Motion agreed to, and it laid upon the table, now hope the President signs it.. that is you TPegs

Edited by Kottbullar, 06 December 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#545 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Not until the 50th. They are already planning on it....they will run through every jersey design that season and then finalize with the royal blue.

#546 Maui Jim

Maui Jim

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:19 AM

Welcome Jim.  How is Maui?

It took you a while to post, eh?

Thanks, Sabresflakt.  Maui is awesome.  I'll be there again in February.  Can't wait.

#547 Sabersfläkt i NS

Sabersfläkt i NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,607 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

Thanks, Sabresflakt.  Maui is awesome.  I'll be there again in February.  Can't wait.

Sounds great.

My brother lived on Kaui for about 10 years and loved it.  Once he married and had kids they all felt they were too far from grandparents and all, so they moved to Florida.

Please call me NS ... I am really Sabres Fan In NS, but go by NS.  I am participating in the boards Swedish Revolution at the moment.  *Stalin For Dhalin*.

#548 Kottbullar

Kottbullar

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,435 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

Had an opportunity to move out there a couple years ago on an offer... but the schools stink and I have a special needs child... so no bueno... still wish it could have worked out.

#549 Brawndo

Brawndo

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,633 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:29 AM

#Sabres  announce they'll wear their Winter Classic jerseys at home on 2/4, 2/18 & 4/4

Per Sabres

#550 Jacque Richard

Jacque Richard

Seasons section 35 Golds

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:34 AM

guy trottier

#551 Anordning

Anordning

Spelaren som ska namnges senare

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

#Sabres announce they'll wear their Winter Classic jerseys at home on 2/4, 2/18 & 4/4

Per Sabres

Cool.

Edited by Anordning, 10 January 2018 - 10:37 AM.

#552 SkuggaLiger

SkuggaLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,909 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:39 AM

#Sabres  announce they'll wear their Winter Classic jerseys at home on 2/4, 2/18 & 4/4

Per Sabres

Maybe if we keep yelling to bring back Royal Blue, the Sabres will finally get the f**king message. 

#553 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,970 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Maybe if we keep yelling to bring back Royal Blue, the Sabres will finally get the f**king message. 

It's already done and not coming out until the 50th

#554 Brawndo

Brawndo

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,633 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:15 AM

Dates are actually 2/8, 2/19 & 4/4

#555 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

• Members
  • 27,138 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:12 PM

Did this jersey go beyond royal blue to powder blue or baby blue?

#556 MattiPaj

MattiPaj

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,997 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:38 PM

Per Sabres

I'm confused, the WC was at home already!

#557 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:08 PM

It's already done and not coming out until the 50th

Which is so stupid. Why not do it now and unveil a gold alternate (a good one this time!) to celebrate the golden anniversary? We'd have something to feel good about now and something to celebrate the anniversary later.

These are the types of horrible decisions that get made when your organization is incompetent from top to bottom. How is this hard?

#558 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

• Members
  • 27,138 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

Which is so stupid. Why not do it now and unveil a gold alternate (a good one this time!) to celebrate the golden anniversary? We'd have something to feel good about now and something to celebrate the anniversary later.

These are the types of horrible decisions that get made when your organization is incompetent from top to bottom. How is this hard?

Given our uniform history, and how ham-handed the current regime is with fan relations, everyone should be afraid of what they wish for.

#559 Jokertecken

Jokertecken

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 23,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:23 PM

Really though. Pretty sure this board could collectively run the Sabres better than they have/are

#560 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,663 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:41 PM

Given our uniform history, and how ham-handed the current regime is with fan relations, everyone should be afraid of what they wish for.

The Sabres are the hockey equivalent of the Monkey's Paw short story.

Really though. Pretty sure this board could collectively run the Sabres better than they have/are

Yes. And basically in our free time after work.