Photo

Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

• Please log in to reply
445 replies to this topic

#441 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,420 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:38 AM

Just basing it on Justin Bailey's story. He said he was sitting watching tv one day and received a text asking if he had a choice to switch numbers, would he do it or nah and if so, to what #? Bailey thought nothing of it and gave them a legit reply and said yeah, 95. And then said okay, we'll see what we can do and few days later they approved everything. Bailey said he wasn't sure why they decided to text him when they did but thinks the new regime wants it's players to have more personality and freedom.

So, it's possible Rip send that text message out, but anyone here will know that is a very unlikely scenario. haha

Interesting....

#442 Eleven

Eleven

Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,990 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:17 AM

Plus it is REEEEAAALY apples & oranges. There isn't a Penn, PA with which people would get confused with College Station.

Whereas that NYSU city location would naturally get confused w/ the largest city in the US that just happens to share the same name w/ the state.

There are MANY people around the country that think NYS is one large city & that Buffalo is a suburb of NYC. Though describing it as SUNY at Buffalo is technically correct, describing it as UB conveys where it is much better IMHO.

Anyone who's lived, or even traveled, a decent distance from NYS knows that's true, and it's one of the big reasons I don't want any "New York" nonsense on the Winter Classic sweater.

#443 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,441 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

Anyone who's lived, or even traveled, a decent distance from NYS knows that's true, and it's one of the big reasons I don't want any "New York" nonsense on the Winter Classic sweater.

I've had a person grew up in the Hudson Valley ask me how far Buffalo was and was shocked at the answer. At least in PA I can say, "Buffalo's as far west as Pittsburgh but 3 hours north."

#444 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,249 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:56 AM

I am surprised/not surprised to hear that. I regularly get the people who think Vancouver Island is part of Vancouver. The Island is 300 miles long and a two-hour ferry ride from the city.

And then there are the people (Americans, always Americans) who find out I'm Canadian and wonder if I know so and so from Toronto.
Well, it is 2,500 miles away and has five million people.

Edited by dudacek, 16 September 2017 - 09:56 AM.

#445 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,774 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 10:05 AM

Everyone in Georgia assumed nyc when I said I was from Rochester or Buffalo

#446 carpandean

carpandean

If it ain't worth making a chart, it ain't worth saying.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,321 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

I just take a map of the northeast and add a circle centered on NYC with a radius just inside of Rochester.  Most people are surprised to see that the following are closer (as the crow flies) to NYC:

All of NJ, RI, CT, MA and DE, plus D.C.

Nearly all of MD (just that weird piece including Garrett and Allegany counties is not)

Much (technically, majority) of PA, VT and NH

Parts of ME, WV and VA