Photo

Better call Saul

off topic

• Please log in to reply
488 replies to this topic

#481 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

Yes that's bad. But you have a law firm (two actually) that are playing the long game in a settlement when their clients don't know how much longer they are going to live. So you have law firms acting in their own interest, completely ignoring the needs of their elderly clients. That's not evil?

Do you know what the "needs" of those elderly clients are? Some probably do "need" the money, but they don't appear to have told that to Irene prior to the start of the episode. Some probably do "want" the money now. And some might be looking to get their grandkids started with/getting a leg up. For that 3rd group, settling now is absolutely the worst choice. How many are in each group? We don't know. Gilligan & his other writers kept that to themselves.

Also, there are companies that buy settlements & in something that's this close to a lock, there are those that will buy impending judgements as well. So, for those that have been too proud to tell Irene "hey, we're really hurting, can you accept what's on the table" there are options to get money now as well which won't hose the rest of the class out of additional revenues.

The ONLY one from the plaintiff's team that is directly (& unabashedly) hosing anyone is Jimmy because he's desperate & more importantly when you're Slippin' Jimmy you slip, it's what you do. ;)

Edited by Taro T, 14 June 2017 - 07:47 PM.

#482 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,330 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Very good episode. Very sad watching Jimmy mess w/ Irene. Been trying to place where I've seen Irene before. Was she the flight attendant for Sandpiper Air on Wings? She sounds like her but hard to say for sure 25 years later. If she is, either time or makeup have not been kind.
Separate note:
I'm wondering if at the end of next season Chuck winds up hanging himself in his closet. Binge watched some BB over the weekend suffering through a massive summer cold. When Walt told Saul about his apparent impending divorce the reply back was to the effect of "just don't hang yourself in a closet." The sort of throw away line that Gilligan seems to like to build around.

So much for that call. :doh:

But in a wierd way good to see Jimmy get Irene her friends back.

#483 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Hot Daniel is Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,889 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:35 PM

I'm at a loss for words.

#484 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:40 AM

Chuckys revenge 

#485 sabills

sabills

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

Still can not muster up much sympathy for Chuck.

#486 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,400 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

No credit to Marcellosaurus for that one? :P
Yep. Current episodes are in early 2003. Series started in '02. (Not counting the b&w bits.)
BB started in '08 & ended in '10.

Found in the on demand show description: 6 years before he meets Walter White

#487 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,031 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:35 AM

I caught up last night.  Really good last couple of episodes, although I would've preferred more Mike and less Chuck losing his marbles in the finale.

I also think they should've provided some numbers in the whole Jimmy/Irene/settlement plotline -- i.e. the amount to be gained by waiting another year or 2 wasn't fleshed out at all, other than Jimmy claiming it was negligible. 

Do we think Gus knows about Nacho and the meds?

#488 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:11 AM

I caught up last night.  Really good last couple of episodes, although I would've preferred more Mike and less Chuck losing his marbles in the finale.

I also think they should've provided some numbers in the whole Jimmy/Irene/settlement plotline -- i.e. the amount to be gained by waiting another year or 2 wasn't fleshed out at all, other than Jimmy claiming it was negligible. 

Gus did give him that look at the end of that scene there. That was the feeling I got watching that play out. I'm not sure he could come to that conclusion from seeing Nacho collect the fallen pills.

#489 sabills

sabills

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:00 AM

He knows something is up, that's for sure.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic