67 replies to this topic

#41 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:30 AM

Crap and i wanted to come see a game next year, no hot ice girls ?

Not unless you think Ennis is hawt.

#42 Huckleberry

Huckleberry

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

maybe if he shaves his legs and puts on a nice dress :D

#43 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,873 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I have to ask, why the green highlighting of players names? I hope I'm not going crazy and other people see it as well.

#44 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,955 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I have to ask, why the green highlighting of players names? I hope I'm not going crazy and other people see it as well.

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing.

#45 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

Unfortunately I'm seeing the same thing.

I have seen it, but not in this thread yet.

#46 cdexchange

cdexchange

www.DiscsForDogs.org

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

I want us to suck so hard for one year that we're able to draft the next Ovechkin or Crosby and build around him for the next decade. Trading Miller and Vanek would help us achieve that. I think it's the only realistic way we ever get a player of this caliber.

#47 wjag

wjag

Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,837 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

I want us to suck so hard for one year that we're able to draft the next Ovechkin or Crosby and build around him for the next decade. Trading Miller and Vanek would help us achieve that. I think it's the only realistic way we ever get a player of this caliber.

Is that player in next year's draft class?

#48 Eleven

Eleven

Trump Supporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,750 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

You guys are boring!

Tell me more, hockeyhound.... who centers Ovie here? And how do we bring in Datsyuk and Malkin too? Let's not just stop at Ovie. Oh, and im not giving up Grigorenko. Go.

Obviously, they'd bring back Gerbe to center OV.

#49 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,050 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

2015 draft eligible...Connor McDavid

#50 hockeyhound

hockeyhound

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

Posted Image

You guys are boring!

Tell me more, hockeyhound.... who centers Ovie here? And how do we bring in Datsyuk and Malkin too? Let's not just stop at Ovie. Oh, and im not giving up Grigorenko. Go.

Vanek-man, what would you do as GM to land a top player like Crosby, Ovechkin or someone comparable?

I don't know; however, at some point Buffalo is going to have obtain a top tier forward that can make a difference.

At the rate Buffalo is going, we won't see a cup in the next 10 years.

Would that be all a part of the suffering plan?

I would agree if Buffalo is going to be a contender for the cup then they are going to need a few high caliber players.

The Gerbe's won't cut it and the list goes on and on.

Let's pretend washington wants to trade Ovechkin to us. What do you all think it would take?

I'm thinking vanek, hodgson, armia, girgensons, ristolainen, mccabe, and a couple picks?

Not a bad idea; how practical is a trade like this?

Edited by hockeyhound, 09 July 2013 - 01:02 PM.

#51 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Let's pretend washington wants to trade Ovechkin to us. What do you all think it would take?

I'm thinking vanek, hodgson, armia, girgensons, ristolainen, mccabe, and a couple picks?

Not a bad idea; how practical is a trade like this?

Jokes right?

#52 cdexchange

cdexchange

www.DiscsForDogs.org

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,652 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

No clue. I hope so. It's all I really have at this point. :(

Edited by cdexchange, 09 July 2013 - 04:36 PM.

#53 Member Berries

Member Berries

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

A bit off of this particular topic, but having to do with the whole 'wishful thinking trades' idea

Been going back and forth with coworkers lately trying to figure out what sort of moves could even be possible for either or both Miller/Vanek. Came up with one today that kind of intrigued. Wanted to know what opinions would be if tomorrow morning you woke up and saw this happened. Like, dislike, what could make it more realistic or even whether these players would be wanted at all here.
Buffalo gets: O'Reilly --5 m 1yr (RFA)
Stastny--6.6m 1yr (UFA)
Colorado gets: Vanek--7.15m 1 yr (UFA)
Stafford--4m 2 yrs (UFA) OR Ennis--2.8m 1 yr (RFA)
McNabb--0.9m 1 yr (RFA)
Obviously it would be a move to get younger on our part, moving stafford out would be good for both parties(ours/his) And for Colarado they get a proven scoring threat in vanek, Staffor has potential to get back to form and they arent deep on D So throwing in McNabb looks to sweeten it.

#54 hockeyhound

hockeyhound

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Jokes right?

Posted Image

Giving up something to get something; sounds reasonable to me.

LGR4GM or anyone, if you were the GM, assume Ovechkin was on the market for trade, and you were willing to go all in and nobody in your system was immune from trades or moves of any kind, who in the Sabres system would you trade, move, sacrifice, and don't forget cash is at your disposal in order secure Ovechkin in the Blue and Gold? (As the respondent, its assumed that you are going to do everything in your power to get Washington to part with Ovechkin; no holds barred.) :w00t:

Edited by hockeyhound, 09 July 2013 - 07:04 PM.

#55 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:04 PM

LGR4GM or anyone, if you were the GM, Ovechkin was on the market for trade, and you were willing to go all in and nobody in your system was immune from trades or moves of any kind, who in the Sabres system would you trade, move,sacrifice, present cash, etc in order secure Ovechkin in the Blue and Gold? (As the respondent, its assumed that you are going to do everything in your power to get Washington to part with Ovechkin; no holds barred.) :w00t:

Does anyone else hear Bill Murray saying "human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" when reading this post? ;)

#56 hockeyhound

hockeyhound

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Does anyone else hear Bill Murray saying "human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!" when reading this post? ;)

Come on have fun with it; what would you do?

Don't chicken out.

Posted Image

LGR4GM or anyone, if you were the GM, assume Ovechkin was on the market for trade, and you were willing to go all in and nobody in your system was immune from trades or moves of any kind, who in the Sabres system would you trade, move, sacrifice, and don't forget cash is at your disposal in order secure Ovechkin in the Blue and Gold? (As the respondent, its assumed that you are going to do everything in your power to get Washington to part with Ovechkin; no holds barred.) :w00t:

Edited by hockeyhound, 09 July 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#57 LastPommerFan

LastPommerFan

Sip it, you heathen.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,598 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Wayne Gretzky got traded.

#58 Taro T

Taro T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Wayne Gretzky got traded...

to St. Louis for a whole bunch of nothin'.

#59 hockeyhound

hockeyhound

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

Posted Image

Are there any takers out there that would be willing to answer this question?

Step out of the super serious box for moment and go for it.

I am sure if I offered a $100.00 to the person with the best answer then maybe some of you would loosen up a bit. :w00t: :beer:

Edited by hockeyhound, 09 July 2013 - 07:25 PM.

#60 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,006 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

A bit off of this particular topic, but having to do with the whole 'wishful thinking trades' idea

Been going back and forth with coworkers lately trying to figure out what sort of moves could even be possible for either or both Miller/Vanek. Came up with one today that kind of intrigued. Wanted to know what opinions would be if tomorrow morning you woke up and saw this happened. Like, dislike, what could make it more realistic or even whether these players would be wanted at all here.
Buffalo gets: O'Reilly --5 m 1yr (RFA)
Stastny--6.6m 1yr (UFA)
Colorado gets: Vanek--7.15m 1 yr (UFA)
Stafford--4m 2 yrs (UFA) OR Ennis--2.8m 1 yr (RFA)
McNabb--0.9m 1 yr (RFA)
Obviously it would be a move to get younger on our part, moving stafford out would be good for both parties(ours/his) And for Colarado they get a proven scoring threat in vanek, Staffor has potential to get back to form and they arent deep on D So throwing in McNabb looks to sweeten it.

O'Reilly cannot be traded until 1 year after his signing date. Would have to be a mid-season trade.

#61 Marvelo

Marvelo

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

I could see Ovenchicken getting traded to Buff if the Caps wanted to punish him.

#62 LastPommerFan

LastPommerFan

Sip it, you heathen.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,598 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Also, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, but OV's Modified NTC kicks in next summer (7/1/14). If he's going to be traded, it will be in the next 12 months.

#63 Member Berries

Member Berries

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

O'Reilly cannot be traded until 1 year after his signing date. Would have to be a mid-season trade.

Ah. didn't realize that. Good call. Not sure much worth having would be available in that case

#64 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Yes it's true. This man has no dick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-b-CfHbPGQ

What would I trade off the Sabres for Ovechkin?
Vanek, Miller, and some draft picks. I would not trade "vanek, hodgson, armia, girgensons, ristolainen, mccabe, and a couple picks" because quite frankly that is the most idiotic one sided trade I have ever seen proposed... 5 former first round draft picks including our #1lw, #1c, our future #1rw, our future #2/3c/lw, our future #2 defender and a couple more picks for 1 guy... ###### I wouldnt do that for crosby. Ovechkin has basically been the only player on Washington for years and they have done nothing, won nothing, and barely made it out of the first round. SO no I am not gutting my team to become like washington because as I said, this ranks #1 on the dumbest trades I have ever seen proposed on this forum.

I will bet on the future with those guys than go out and try and get Ovechkin.

Edited by LGR4GM, 09 July 2013 - 08:55 PM.

#65 Taro T

Taro T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,338 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yes it's true. This man has no dick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-b-CfHbPGQ

What would I trade off the Sabres for Ovechkin?
Vanek, Miller, and some draft picks. I would not trade "vanek, hodgson, armia, girgensons, ristolainen, mccabe, and a couple picks" because quite frankly that is the most idiotic one sided trade I have ever seen proposed... 5 former first round draft picks including our #1lw, #1c, our future #1rw, our future #2/3c/lw, our future #2 defender and a couple more picks for 1 guy... ###### I wouldnt do that for crosby. Ovechkin has basically been the only player on Washington for years and they have done nothing, won nothing, and barely made it out of the first round. SO no I am not gutting my team to become like washington because as I said, this ranks #1 on the dumbest trades I have ever seen proposed on this forum.

I will bet on the future with those guys than go out and try and get Ovechkin.

:lol: You crack me up sometimes.

#66 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,401 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:28 PM

Schrödinger's cat.

#67 Member Berries

Member Berries

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

Schrödinger's cat.

always weird when you notice someone else watching wjhat you were...:)

#68 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

Wayne Gretzky got traded.

And Mario Lemieux never got traded.