417 replies to this topic

#401 Eleven

Eleven

Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,510 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I'm guessing that that guy would sweat on the Arctic circle on New Year's Eve. I'm not sure that not wearing a shirt is an option for him.

This is point worth consideration.

#402 Koomkie

Koomkie

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Did anyone know it was the game winner at the time? Did anyone know that the other times he touched the puck?

I don't get booing players who were traded. I would better understand booing players who demanded trades.

it seemed to me that they were booing the play of the sabres and that he just happened to be in possession of the puck at that moment. the team was running around in circles and deserved to be booed. what a joke of an effort again. new coach please. see what we get then make some player trades as needed.

#403 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 20,251 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

it seemed to me that they were booing the play of the sabres and that he just happened to be in possession of the puck at that moment

Yeeaaah. :rolleyes:

#404 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 20,251 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

I don't get booing players who were traded.

It's the epitome of stupidity. Whenever I hear it, I remember who I'm talking to on this board and at the bar. Idiots (no not everybody here is an idiot).

#405 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,191 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

As bad as its been the last couple games. Well, for most of the season really I don't think this is the low water mark that we're going to hit this year. I really get the feeling things will get much much worse. Friends of mine that are fans of other teams ( all of them ) are asking me why the Sabres are so damn bad and whats wrong with this franchise that they don't know how to get it together. I tell them the problem imo is that Terry P has a perception problem related to his lifelong crush on this team and its former players. It appears to me that he can't separate his loyalty to Ruff and Regier from his business sense or that his business sense disappears when it comes to Ruff and Regier. As someone else said earlier maybe Ted Black can talk some sense into him. For the love of God Terry I love you and what you bring to this team but please listen to the fans. If you can't hear them I'm pretty sure it'll get louder.

#406 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Pensive Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,324 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

I have to say, I absolutely hate the way a lot of people on this board talk about Terry Pegula. We know next to nothing about how he runs the team and what his plan is, and everybody acts like they have a psych evaluation on the guy. He is a deep pocketed owner committed to winning, and that's a f*cking blessing.

Edited by qwksndmonster, 04 February 2013 - 12:34 AM.

#407 SabresBillsFan

SabresBillsFan

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

I have to say, I absolutely hate the way a lot of people on this board talk about Terry Pegula. We know next to nothing about how he runs the team and what his plan is, and everybody acts like they have a psych evaluation on the guy. He is a deep pocketed owner committed to winning, and that's a f*cking blessing.

Where I have a problem with Terry is when he had the interviews with the Buffalo News and Wgr550 and seem to me like he was complaining about the perception that the news puts on this organization. And remember Terry was talking about his tennis playing daughter. Sorry but Ruff and Regier haven't accomplished anything and he gives both an extension. Are u kidding me! Both need to be gone. Darcy has one of the highest payrolls and this team is a complete mess. Lindy's system/message is old and stale just like your Dad telling you to take the trash out. After awhile you don't want to hear it anymore. To me Lindy's time is up he's been here way to long and we need a new coach with a new direction because its not working for Ruff.

#408 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • 20,251 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:03 AM

Is it a blessing if he's blinded by his fanboism? I want to believe but what I've seen and heard so far isn't giving me much confidence.

#409 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

Officially a Bust

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,345 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:23 AM

You admit not being there, and I was there, and yet despite my objection to your speculation you still insist you are more correct than I am. And I should read your sports articles for what reason, then?

Easy killer, just making an observation. There were lots of tickets left available, both through resale on StubHub/craigslist and from the Sabres box office. That means people aren't in those seats. I very much doubt they managed to sell all of their "student surge" tickets on a 3-hour notice on Super Bowl Sunday. Regardless, my original point was how quiet the building was. I guess I should have figured someone on here would twist that into a "your blog sucks" post. :lol:

#410 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Pensive Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,324 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

Is it a blessing if he's blinded by his fanboism? I want to believe but what I've seen and heard so far isn't giving me much confidence.

He's not tearing everything down in his first two seasons owning the team, so he's a fanboy? Rubbish.

#411 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I think the head in the sand committment to DR and LR is what bothers many and prompts these opinions. At some point, he may question how DR is spending his money without the anticipated results. I can't get past the fact that deep pockets in many instances in professional sports don't lead to championships. In hockey the Rangers were a prime example in the non cap years. Snyder spent money in Washington like water when he first bought the team. Time will tell.

As for TB, he was around a winning organization in Pittsburg. He didn't build it. Tom Donahoe was around a winning organization in Pittsburg also and we all know where that got the Bills.

This should be a results driven league.

Edited by Grumpy, 04 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#412 North Buffalo

North Buffalo

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,067 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

As bad as its been the last couple games. Well, for most of the season really I don't think this is the low water mark that we're going to hit this year. I really get the feeling things will get much much worse. Friends of mine that are fans of other teams ( all of them ) are asking me why the Sabres are so damn bad and whats wrong with this franchise that they don't know how to get it together. I tell them the problem imo is that Terry P has a perception problem related to his lifelong crush on this team and its former players. It appears to me that he can't separate his loyalty to Ruff and Regier from his business sense or that his business sense disappears when it comes to Ruff and Regier. As someone else said earlier maybe Ted Black can talk some sense into him. For the love of God Terry I love you and what you bring to this team but please listen to the fans. If you can't hear them I'm pretty sure it'll get louder.

The only good thing about this is that Darcy as much as he drove me up a wall while under wraps appears to be finding talent. And because this is a meaningless season, if the Sabres finish near or at the bottom they might get some decent scoring talent. They should also shop Leo, Regher(sp?) don't feel like looking it up, Kaleta despite the home town appeal and any of the other lesser talent on the fourth line for draft picks. I would even consider trading Meyers, unless they get a new coach who can straigten him out. Linde has him so confused back there, I feel sorry for him. Meyers needs to take a deep breath, tune out the noise from the coaches and play his game.

#413 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

This is point worth consideration.

He was abig guy. Glad I wasn't sitting next to him.

#414 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,052 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

I was at the game yesterday, and was so disgusted by the performance that I didn't post in this thread yesterday. That's all I've got on this game.

#415 Potato

Potato

Take Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,999 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

He's not tearing everything down in his first two seasons owning the team, so he's a fanboy? Rubbish.

WADR, how long does it take to diagnose that there is a problem and make changes? 5 years? 10?

#416 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • 24,369 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

WADR, how long does it take to diagnose that there is a problem and make changes? 5 years? 10?

Doesn't a typical coach/GM get 3 years (often longer for the GM)? My best guess is he totally wiped the slate clean when he took over, discounting all that took place prior to his ownership. Given that, we're basically in year two. I'm not saying that's the right approach, but if it's the one being taken, it's perfectly in line with other organizations that nobody has been fired yet. People are perfectly free to disagree with the approach, but you have to at least try to view it from Pegula's perspective if you're going to evaluate whether or not he's some fan-boy that will never fire the GM or coach.

#417 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,325 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Doesn't a typical coach/GM get 3 years (often longer for the GM)? My best guess is he totally wiped the slate clean when he took over, discounting all that took place prior to his ownership. Given that, we're basically in year two. I'm not saying that's the right approach, but if it's the one being taken, it's perfectly in line with other organizations that nobody has been fired yet. People are perfectly free to disagree with the approach, but you have to at least try to view it from Pegula's perspective if you're going to evaluate whether or not he's some fan-boy that will never fire the GM or coach.

IIRC, thats exactly what Pegula had said whe he took over, that he wasn't going to evaluate anyones performance prior to him taking over and that he was giving them a clean slate to see what they could do because of the belief they were shackled and handcuffed by the previous ownership.

#418 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,540 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

I forgot to say that I in fact did NOT get scanned for this game. So now I'm 2 for 3.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game discussion thread, Panthers