Photo

Presidential Politics

Off Topic

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28592 replies to this topic

Poll: Who Did You Vote for 2016 (85 member(s) have cast votes)

For President

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#28561 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

I would welcome you to pick through this political thread and point out instances where I did that. I am not an Obama fan. I was not happy with his policy. But, it happened and I had to deal with it. I did not (I should say I really do not recall) posting daily 'did you see what Obama did today? What an idiot!'

I was livid when Obamacare passed with a backdoor exception from Louise Slaughter and I voiced unfairness in that passing without having to go for a vote. But, I was not on here daily pissing, moaning, and whining. How do liberals complain so much while picketing and protesting? Is that why the smartphone was truly invented... so they could multitask?

I guess it is asking too much for the other side to have a little class.

Oh I'm not saying you specifically have done that in this thread, but in general the two sides/teams across the nation are going to reverse their roles of the past eight years and be massive hypocrites in the process.

Edited by Claude_Verret, 01 December 2016 - 04:21 PM.

#28562 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,019 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:22 PM

https://www.change.o...s-no_src-no_msg

Sign the petition that says New York residents won't pay the 1million dollars a day tab to Melania can stay in her lavish NY penthouse instead of moving to the whitehouse. The feds should pay this bill not NY tax payers. 

Is she really not moving to DC at all, or just until the son finishes school?

#28563 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:26 PM

Is she really not moving to DC at all, or just until the son finishes school?

I heard that they will relocate when the school year ends.  It would be very disruptive for the young fellow.

Anyone else think he has some autism going on?  Not that that is a bad thing as there are different forms and a spectrum, although it can be if it is a serious case. I know of what I speak.

#28564 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,019 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

I heard that they will relocate when the school year ends.  It would be very disruptive for the young fellow.

Anyone else think he has some autism going on?  Not that that is a bad thing as there are different forms and a spectrum, although it can be if it is a serious case. I know of what I speak.

It's been speculated. There's a video out there that makes a case for it. I'm not sure why that video had to be made. I did watch it. It was respectful. But the Trumps should decide when and if to reveal that to the country. The kid should absolutely be hands off. Melania's cause, cyber bullying, I'm afraid is going to hit very close to home.

#28565 Radar

Radar

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

I would welcome you to pick through this political thread and point out instances where I did that. I am not an Obama fan. I was not happy with his policy. But, it happened and I had to deal with it. I did not (I should say I really do not recall) posting daily 'did you see what Obama did today? What an idiot!'

I was livid when Obamacare passed with a backdoor exception from Louise Slaughter and I voiced unfairness in that passing without having to go for a vote. But, I was not on here daily pissing, moaning, and whining. How do liberals complain so much while picketing and protesting? Is that why the smartphone was truly invented... so they could multitask?

I guess it is asking too much for the other side to have a little class.
Ah, a liberal who listens to Rush... so you're one of those guys. I give you credit for listening to the other side. I can picture your blood boiling as you spend your productive time listening to the conservative lies day after day. You haven't snapped yet?

Kind of funny I post a prophetic message about having a little class right ahead of this one. Carry on. I know what I am up against. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Are you referring to "class" as in the kind exhibited by our fascist-in-chief over the past year? That shining example to our children. You are younger than my kids so maybe the standard of class has changed. By the way I voted for republicans until they sold their soul to the far right and believe it or not consider myself pretty moderate. I get the feeling you consider left of Ted Cruze as liberal.

#28566 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:23 PM

:thumbsup: Let's make sure we get it right, but then it's time to move on. I am already there, but seeing a vote count from pastajoe every day of Trump's presidency will get old.

Pastajoe, is there any result, other than someone else replacing Trump as President, that will be an acceptable outcome? If they do a recount, is it going to be flawed because a judge was a conservative? Or there will not be satisfactory evidence that the machines were not hacked? My point is nothing will result in a good outcome. And once the recounts confirm Trump won the electoral college, instead of conceding, are you going to start passing the petition to eliminate the electoral college?

Umm, you didn't read or look at the link did you? You assume this is about the popular vote, it isn't. It's about ny taxpayers paying for Mrs. Trump to stay in NY

If you're gonna post some snarky bs, you can bother to actually read and understand a post first. Your response was lazy.

Edited by LGR4GM, 01 December 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#28567 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,028 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:04 PM

Oh I'm not saying you specifically have done that in this thread, but in general the two sides/teams across the nation are going to reverse their roles of the past eight years and be massive hypocrites in the process.

So why do we need to bring it into this thread? The right leaning SS'ers rarely did it under Obama, why should it be acceptable on this board for the left to do it? (I'm not singling you out, this goes for egerybody). I get scrutinized relentlessly here on an almost daily basis, and I don't post things like some of the resident liberals do. Yet this board let's them get away with it.

Hypocrisy was mentioned earlier today........ Here's another example to add to that list.

#28568 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:39 AM

Ah Michigan. The billionaire tapped to be Education Secretary and who's kid goes to private school hails from Michigan. She has lead a concentrated effort to "fix" education in Michigan with vouchers vouchers and more vouchers. Basically let's take public money and dump it into private company run and religious schools.  So how is that working out? Well Michigan basically sucks at school. Private, Public, whatever all of it sucks. So the woman who has never been in a public school is going to be in charge of the federal level of k-12 education even though she hails from a state that clearly shows her efforts have produced much more harm then good. Oh yes Mr. Trump you have "the best people"... for kissing your ass and giving you money. DeVos is not qualified to lead the fight for better education in America. Expect federal funding to shift towards private and religious schools as she attempts to privatize education in the US.  The single biggest threat to our democracy is an uneducated populace. Kids aren't a product you can manufacture. 

#28569 SabresFanInRochester

SabresFanInRochester

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 748 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:43 AM

Umm, you didn't read or look at the link did you? You assume this is about the popular vote, it isn't. It's about ny taxpayers paying for Mrs. Trump to stay in NY

If you're gonna post some snarky bs, you can bother to actually read and understand a post first. Your response was lazy.

You're right -- that was a lazy post. I didn't read it until after I posted. And then, I was kind of... unimpressed. I was in the midst of portraying liberals as being whiney, and all of a sudden, when the daily pastajoe count comes in, I thought you  (LGR) were posting something that explained the expense involved in a recount and was saying "enough!" Shame on me for assuming. After I read it, I realized that there is just another liberal whining about something else. How much did the government pay for Michele and the girls to fly around the country/world and join Obama on vacations because they had to leave at different times? So the timing isn't perfect for Melania and Barron to move into the White House in January -- let's automatically disqualify Trump because he is not a team player. He should have to disavow his business and force his family into hardship, right? Being the President sucks, but being on the opposite side of liberals has to be a living hell.

Ah Michigan. The billionaire tapped to be Education Secretary and who's kid goes to private school hails from Michigan. She has lead a concentrated effort to "fix" education in Michigan with vouchers vouchers and more vouchers. Basically let's take public money and dump it into private company run and religious schools.  So how is that working out? Well Michigan basically sucks at school. Private, Public, whatever all of it sucks. So the woman who has never been in a public school is going to be in charge of the federal level of k-12 education even though she hails from a state that clearly shows her efforts have produced much more harm then good. Oh yes Mr. Trump you have "the best people"... for kissing your ass and giving you money. DeVos is not qualified to lead the fight for better education in America. Expect federal funding to shift towards private and religious schools as she attempts to privatize education in the US.  The single biggest threat to our democracy is an uneducated populace. Kids aren't a product you can manufacture. 

:thumbdown: see above. Repeat offender.

#28570 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:46 AM

You're right -- that was a lazy post. I didn't read it until after I posted. And then, I was kind of... unimpressed. I was in the midst of portraying liberals as being whiney, and all of a sudden, when the daily pastajoe count comes in, I thought you  (LGR) were posting something that explained the expense involved in a recount and was saying "enough!" Shame on me for assuming. After I read it, I realized that there is just another liberal whining about something else. How much did the government pay for Michele and the girls to fly around the country/world and join Obama on vacations because they had to leave at different times? So the timing isn't perfect for Melania and Barron to move into the White House in January -- let's automatically disqualify Trump because he is not a team player. He should have to disavow his business and force his family into hardship, right? Being the President sucks, but being on the opposite side of liberals has to be a living hell.

There is a difference between the Federal Government paying and the State of NY paying. States Rights. If the Federal Government using tax money from all the States wants to pay to keep Malania in NY so be it. It is no longer the burden of NY taxpayers.  

How come every time a "liberal" says anything against the government they are whining? You are literally whining about liberals whining. It is like Breitbart bitching about ppl protesting the election and then bitching about Kelloggs pulling advertising. One is liberals being whiny but the other is outlandish? Come on now. 

And yes, shame on you for assuming. If you are going to engage in conversation here you owe it to all of us to actually read the posts you are replying to. It is ridiculous to bitch and yell about something when you don't even know what that person said. 

I am not a liberal. I am an American.

#28571 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,035 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:50 AM

OK.  I think we're going to take a time out from political discussion for a while and then reevaluate.

#28572 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Why is the politics thread closed?

#28573 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,019 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:41 AM

Why is the politics thread closed?

Dissenting opinion will not be tolerated in Trump's military junta America. Nothing the mods could do. The decision came down from Trump Tower.

#28574 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:01 AM

Dissenting opinion will not be tolerated in Trump's military junta America. Nothing the mods could do. The decision came down from Trump Tower.

It is kind of symbolic, the anti-press guy win and discussion ends

#28575 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 32,095 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:31 AM

It is kind of symbolic, the anti-press guy win and discussion ends

The resident conservatives decided the thread was too detrimental to the forum atmosphere so they closed it so we can't talk about Russia's direct involvement in the election, Trump's "4th line grinders with good compete" appointments and his "people directly opposed to the goals of the agency" appointments like Cathy McMorris Rodgers to the Department of the Interior. Nope, not allowed to talk about it. Too disruptive.

#28576 pastajoe

pastajoe

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

The resident conservatives decided the thread was too detrimental to the forum atmosphere so they closed it so we can't talk about Russia's direct involvement in the election, Trump's "4th line grinders with good compete" appointments and his "people directly opposed to the goals of the agency" appointments like Cathy McMorris Rodgers to the Department of the Interior. Nope, not allowed to talk about it. Too disruptive.

f7977bca96e7e051ca53687807f6ed8df64c6816

#28577 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,730 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:13 PM

Eight years of calling the president a bozo was enough. It was time to stop.

#28578 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

True, i am tired of people criticizing the presidency, I'm glad they stopped it now

#28579 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 12:19 PM

It's our turn to call the President a bozo dammit!

#28580 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,894 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:00 PM

It's our turn to call the President a bozo dammit!

Look on the bright side, those that idolize him won't be forced to read criticism about him and there will be just a little less unhappiness in the world :) win win

#28581 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

Where's shrader when you really need him?

He has to change the thread title, in secret code, of course.

#28582 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,028 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 02:06 PM

Look on the bright side, those that idolize him won't be forced to read criticism about him and there will be just a little less unhappiness in the world :) win win

Is there anybody here that really idolize him? You all make it seem like it's 'our turn' to criticize your hero because you've been hearing it for 8 years. What is the ratio on SS of liberals to conservatives, 10:1?

#28583 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,631 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:22 PM

I don't want to turn this into the *new* politics thread, but ...

http://www.cbc.ca/ne...orban-1.3887398

Is it 2016, or 1936, in Europe?

Hungarian history in the 1930's and 1940's + is not very flattering, to say the least.

#28584 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,299 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:01 AM

I'm pissed about the politics thread being closed as well. It's a bitch move.

#28585 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 32,095 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:05 AM

It's a shame. So many actual important things are happening right now and we can't discuss anything. I guess Hillary's emails were the only thing keeping it alive.

#28586 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:13 AM

Yes, now that an actual bozo is in office it is time to stop... right... 

giphy.gif

I was under the impression it would be a temporary close just to let people relax for a little bit. 

Have you seen the latest pictures of trump tower? The great eye sees allllll

Mordor.png

Edited by LGR4GM, 12 December 2016 - 11:13 AM.

#28587 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Hot Daniel is Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:14 AM

Closing the thread was a politically motivated move by a person that doesn't (want to) believe Bannon is a white supremacist.

#28588 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:16 AM

Closing the thread was a politically motivated move by a person that doesn't (want to) believe Bannon is a white supremacist.

Again, the thread was closed for a temporary cooling off period. I think if you ask for it to be reopened, than it can be.

#28589 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,730 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:20 AM

Judging from the few posts here, it being closed is probably a good idea.

Although, I am going to miss Bobis' occasional poo flinging drop ins.

#28590 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

I don't believe it was closed for a cooling off period. Freeman also banned PA for agreeing with Hillary that Trump supporters are racist. Calling out racism = not okay.

I already PM'd Freeman asking him to reopen it to help contain the politics talk. I am sure he will oblige. If he doesn't we can just start a new thread.  Let's give him time to respond.  

#28591 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Hot Daniel is Dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,893 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:22 AM

I already PM'd Freeman asking him to reopen it to help contain the politics talk. I am sure he will oblige. If he doesn't we can just start a new thread. Let's give him time to respond.

Not. Interested. Blech.

#28592 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:23 AM

Judging from the few posts here, it being closed is probably a good idea.

Although, I am going to miss Bobis' occasional poo flinging drop ins.

I disagree. I think the politics thread has helped contain the discussion and also has been informative. I was hoping a cooling off period would work but I think that will not be the case. If it never gets reopened than I can see it spilling into other threads like it has now. 

#28593 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 32,095 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:39 AM

I disagree. I think the politics thread has helped contain the discussion and also has been informative. I was hoping a cooling off period would work but I think that will not be the case. If it never gets reopened than I can see it spilling into other threads like it has now. 

It never needed a cooling off period. There have been plenty of times in the past when a cooling off period might have been warranted. Did it get one then? No. 

It was closed because some people feel the need to arbitrarily flex their muscles around here. Not because it needed to cool off. The pettiest of board politics carried out via the politics thread of all things. How fitting.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off Topic