9677 replies to this topic

#9481 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:06 AM

The wife and I take part in a fund raiser for cancer research each year with her family.  I absolutely hate sending out the requests for donations, but it's amazing how each time people you would never expect to donate do wind up doing so.  I guess so many more people than you realize have that same F cancer attitude.

#9482 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

The wife and I take part in a fund raiser for cancer research each year with her family. I absolutely hate sending out the requests for donations, but it's amazing how each time people you would never expect to donate do wind up doing so. I guess so many more people than you realize have that same F cancer attitude.

Last year I did the Ride for Roswell. It was actually on the day I moved out of my apartment, so the last day I ever called Buffalo home. Anyways, I was reluctant to share my page on Facebook and ask for donations. But just like you, I was amazed at the people who gave. Broke college friends that are literally living off frozen chicken nuggets and ramen. My Aunt who I didn't even think had a Facebook. My little sister who gave her babysitting money. It was pretty neat. Glad you're getting support!

#9483 Sabres79

Sabres79

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:35 AM

I'm unaware of this feud.  What's the background?

https://sports.yahoo...09059--nhl.html

TL;DR: it śtarted in Anaheim, then he believes Babcock screwed him over for fun when he signed with Detroit.

Also, he might be somewhat unhinged. Hard to tell.

#9484 Eleven

Eleven

Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • 29,027 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

https://sports.yahoo...09059--nhl.html

TL;DR: it śtarted in Anaheim, then he believes Babcock screwed him over for fun when he signed with Detroit.

Also, he might be somewhat unhinged. Hard to tell.

Interesting stuff, thanks.

#9485 Sabres79

Sabres79

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Timmy Connolly, when possessed of a fully functional brain, was awesome.

https://twitter.com/...840791993823232

Also, if you're not following Sabres Goal of the Day on twitter, get off your ass. Unless you're smart enough to have avoided twitter.

#9486 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:41 AM

I just caught that second mouse I told you about.  I had an empty coffee can ( :flirt:  my addiction to the dark nectar is awesome) and coaxed the little guy (?) into it and released him into our garden.  I love all of God's creation, but most are not welcome in the house.  Good thing that the little guy was kind of frightened, but also curious. He explored the coffee can and I gently tipped it back up and covered it with a piece of cardboard.  And presto ... easy.

#9487 Sabres79

Sabres79

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

I just caught that second mouse I told you about.  I had an empty coffee can ( :flirt:  my addiction to the dark nectar is awesome) and coaxed the little guy (?) into it and released him into our garden.  I love all of God's creation, but most are not welcome in the house.  Good thing that the little guy was kind of frightened, but also curious. He explored the coffee can and I gently tipped it back up and covered it with a piece of cardboard.  And presto ... easy.

Not to attempt to alarm you unduly, but you've seen two. There may well be many, many more. Might want to get it checked out by a professional.

#9488 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:17 AM

Not to attempt to alarm you unduly, but you've seen two. There may well be many, many more. Might want to get it checked out by a professional.

Oh, I hear you.  I have pretty much figured out how they are getting in and thought that was addressed, but they are smart and may have found a way around it / another way in.

We had a live in pro, but unfortunately he (Jake our cat) passed away a number of years ago now.  Jake caught 2 and then any others just stayed away.

#9489 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:55 AM

Officially an aerial instructor now. I'll be teaching an intro trapeze/hoop combo class when our studio opens here in Buffalo in August. 

Kinda terrified. Teaching something like a fitness class is worlds away from teaching a college class. 

#9490 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,627 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:14 AM

Just spent 15 minutes talking Hockey with Scotty Bowman, well actually he spoke and I listened for 15 minutes.

#9491 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,845 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:25 AM

http://explore.org/l...ear-salmon-cams

#9492 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:47 AM

Just spent 15 minutes talking Hockey with Scotty Bowman, well actually he spoke and I listened for 15 minutes.

That is awesome. 

Speaking of NHL players, I'm working with a Sabre right now through 26 Shirts, and it's kind of a headrush to know there's an NHL player checking out your sh!t. And by headrush I mean, I kinda want to vomit every 10 minutes.

Oh yeah, I have another shirt out with them right now, it's for Chicago though. So if you know anyone who likes Chicago baseball, check it out. I only get paid a buck for every shirt made, so help a starvin' artist out haha 

#9493 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 11:12 AM

http://explore.org/l...ear-salmon-cams

I linked that last Summer. I spend too much time watching that feed.

Edited by We've, 14 July 2017 - 11:12 AM.

#9494 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,264 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

That is awesome. 

Speaking of NHL players, I'm working with a Sabre right now through 26 Shirts, and it's kind of a headrush to know there's an NHL player checking out your sh!t. And by headrush I mean, I kinda want to vomit every 10 minutes.

Oh yeah, I have another shirt out with them right now, it's for Chicago though. So if you know anyone who likes Chicago baseball, check it out. I only get paid a buck for every shirt made, so help a starvin' artist out haha

Indeed awesome.

#9495 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Josie, that's sweet. Can you tell us the player or no?

BRAWNDO, any conversation highlights?

#9496 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

I think this mouse has outsmarted me.  Granted that is not difficult, even for a mouse.

Looks like it's the same mouse.  Not to sound like a racist, but they all look alike to me.

I think he is playing with me.  He's back.  I don't think it's a third mouse.  I bet I release him and he runs around to make it look good.  Then 30 minutes will go by and he runs around to his entry hole and comes back in to mess with me.  Seriously, I think it went back out (all is quite now) just to mess with me even more.

I went out to Friday Prayers and now am back, so I will report in when something happens.

#9497 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:46 PM

Josie, that's sweet. Can you tell us the player or no?

BRAWNDO, any conversation highlights?

haha probably shouldn't. It's a d-man though. 

#9498 mustacheofgod

mustacheofgod

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

This post is about 2 months late but it's Friday afternoon and I've got the time to post it now.

I started playing ice hockey about 2.5 years ago, and the past 3 memorial day weekends I've participated in the NYCGHA's "Chelsea Challenge" hockey tournament. This past event they asked me to captain one of the teams in the lower division. I'd never captained anything sports related before and I was a bit apprehensive but went along with it. My team ended up winning the tournament and it was a blast. Afterwards I was thinking about it and I realized I'd never been part of a winning sports team, be it playing for or rooting for. 30 some years and not one championship celebrated until then. To be fair, I didn't really play sports in high school but still, that's a lot of losing over the years.

I really can't wait for the Sabres or Bills to make it all the way. The energy in the city is going to be something else.

3ht0UPl.jpg3ht0UPlr.jpg

#9499 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,464 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:54 PM

Those are the ugliest goalie pads I've ever seen. I love them. 

#9500 mustacheofgod

mustacheofgod

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

Those are the ugliest goalie pads I've ever seen. I love them. 

He had the matching glove and waffle to go with it. My goalie flew in from France for the weekend to play in the tournament. Dedication if I've ever seen it (he's a commercial pilot so he flied for free but still).

#9501 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

He had the matching glove and waffle to go with it. My goalie flew in from France for the weekend to play in the tournament. Dedication if I've ever seen it (he's a commercial pilot so he flied for free but still).

That is one motley looking crew ...  ;)

The chicks look like brawlers ...  :flirt:

And you snagged Cory Perry to be the star of the show ...  :ph34r:

#9502 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

+++ for chicks on the team. 

Man I miss playing. 

#9503 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,144 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:19 PM

I think this mouse has outsmarted me.  Granted that is not difficult, even for a mouse.

Looks like it's the same mouse.  Not to sound like a racist, but they all look alike to me.

I think he is playing with me.  He's back.  I don't think it's a third mouse.  I bet I release him and he runs around to make it look good.  Then 30 minutes will go by and he runs around to his entry hole and comes back in to mess with me.  Seriously, I think it went back out (all is quite now) just to mess with me even more.

I went out to Friday Prayers and now am back, so I will report in when something happens.

Guaranteed you have many mice.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the same one got back in.

NS, I hate to be the one to tell you, but you really need to call an exterminator.  With mice comes mouse feces.  There is a nesting site in your house.  Don't mess with this.  It will cause health problems.

#9504 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:52 PM

I have an acquaintance who was convinced that the mice he was catching and releasing where the same mouse so he started painting tails. Most of them returned. It sort of became an experiment taking them farther away and observing results. He keeps the notebook with the results in his cabinet of curiosities. He was always an eccentric fellow.

#9505 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,051 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 09:45 PM

We're more than a week past the halfway point between the last game of last Sabres season and this coming one.

#9506 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Pensive Centurion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,007 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:00 PM

We're more than a week past the halfway point between the last game of last Sabres season and this coming one.

...nerd

#9507 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 08:22 AM

NS, I hate to be the one to tell you, but you really need to call an exterminator.  With mice comes mouse feces.  There is a nesting site in your house.  Don't mess with this.  It will cause health problems.

That was my immediate thought when he said he released it in his yard, that mouse is going to come right back into the house.  That and it will come back with reinforcements.  One night, SFINS is going to wake up tied to his bed and 100 mice gathered around his feet.  You don't want to know what they'll do next, SFINS.

#9508 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

I hear you guys.

All is quiet on the Mousetern front.

I am really unsure what they are up to, but I am sure it is some sort of sinister plot.

#9509 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

I have an acquaintance who was convinced that the mice he was catching and releasing where the same mouse so he started painting tails. Most of them returned. It sort of became an experiment taking them farther away and observing results. He keeps the notebook with the results in his cabinet of curiosities. He was always an eccentric fellow.

My first though above was, "I wonder where you get those ear tags to mark the mouse". Paint's a way better solution.

That was my immediate thought when he said he released it in his yard, that mouse is going to come right back into the house.  That and it will come back with reinforcements.  One night, SFINS is going to wake up tied to his bed and 100 mice gathered around his feet.  You don't want to know what they'll do next, SFINS.

Would you rather fight 100 mouse-sized cats or one cat-sized mouse?

#9510 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:57 AM

Would you rather fight 100 mouse-sized cats or one cat-sized mouse?

It depends.  Do I have a mini-Ditka on my side?

#9511 mustacheofgod

mustacheofgod

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

This past Saturday NorthBuffalo and I decided to have our own SabresSpace meetup in NYC. He came down to play on my Saturday beer-league team. It was a fun game but we ended up losing 5-3 after an empty netter sealed our fate. Bonus points for NB rocking the Goat. Gotta love the power of the internet!

9KOUHss.jpg

#9512 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:21 PM

That's one mangled up thumb, NB.

Great photo.

#9513 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,464 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

That's one mangled up thumb, NB.

Great photo.

My thumbs do that. 

#9514 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,447 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:55 PM

My thumbs do that. 

Mine too. The left one not as much after falling on some ice and spraining it a few years ago. Oddly, the other joint on both my thumbs never belt correctly (it barely does). Can I still be human with only semi-opposable thumbs?

#9515 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:01 PM

Solid stuff right there MOG and NB :beer:

#9516 Hank

Hank

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:43 AM

Get another cat.

#9517 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:43 AM

Things that are awesome, political discourse on FB... so awesome. 

#9518 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:56 PM

Things that are awesome, political discourse on FB... so awesome.

Not as awesome as job site porta potty political graffiti. It's a good thing it's all anonymous because there would be violent exchanges.

#9519 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 08:55 PM

... there's a toilet crap joke here

#9520 Let's Go B-Lo

Let's Go B-Lo

Mucker. Grinder.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Only 9 more days until the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic