2805 replies to this topic

#2801 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:19 PM

Birthday dinner for my wife. We are at an old historic building ( built in 1820) that used to be a restaurant/tavern that burned to a total loss years ago, and bought and restored over the last 10 years. Reopened a couple months ago as a fancy-shmancy restaurant.

The place is gorgeous. The food delicious. The service excellent. And now we are enjoying an early Fall evening on their patio overlooking a waterfall listening to a really good jazz trio. Fantastic.

Oh, food and drink...... Dinner was a seared duck breast over a bed of quinoa and veggies, with a cherry gastric.

Bulleit bourbon, rocks, and jazz now.

Eating the single chicken finger my daughter didn't finish. Half of it in one piece, the rest pre-cut. Good to see we're both livin' the good life.

Edited by MattPie, 25 September 2017 - 09:20 PM.

#2802 Eleven

Eleven

Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,349 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:14 PM

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks.  I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over.  Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated.  Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

#2803 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts

Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks.  I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over.  Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated.  Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

Makes a pretty good base for a Mojito type drink as well.

No suit required.

#2804 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,836 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

So Walgreens has 15 packs of lime Perrier for like six or seven bucks. I feel *very* sophisticated and I don't get yelled at when my girlfriend comes over. Also, they help me burp.

And I do mean *very* sophisticated. Please pardon me while I change into a suit.

I'm picturing the scene in Caddyshack.

#2805 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,556 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

Something that isn't agreeing with me. :sick:

#2806 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,836 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:28 PM

I just made myself chicken parmesan over a bed of spaghetti with a glass of red wine(I don't drink wine at all, but it just seemed right). It was quite incredible.

There's at least 4 local restaurants here that don't serve chicken parmesan with the spaghetti. How can that be? They just bring out the chicken. You have to ask for the spaghetti. Is this a thing anywhere else?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic, food, drink