Grab a shovel.

#122 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:47 PM

Its been quite awhile since I've picked up a cigar, but the gorgeous day today made me do it.

I've been faithfully nursing my humidor that has 3 cigars in it for the longest time. Well, if I'm gonna keep that thing maintained, I might as well have a smoke, eh?

Tequila and lime goes with what?

Today, it goes with a Rocky Patel Conneticut wrapper vintage 1999 that has been sitting in my cedar lined humidor for the last 5 years. Its a delicious smoke when first purchased, and even more smooth after sitting at 75% RH for 5 years.

Why again did I stop smoking?

And now the humidor is down to 2. Time to make a purchase......

#123 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:19 PM

Its been quite awhile since I've picked up a cigar, but the gorgeous day today made me do it.

I've been faithfully nursing my humidor that has 3 cigars in it for the longest time. Well, if I'm gonna keep that thing maintained, I might as well have a smoke, eh?

Today, it goes with a Rocky Patel Conneticut wrapper vintage 1999 that has been sitting in my cedar lined humidor for the last 5 years. Its a delicious smoke when first purchased, and even more smooth after sitting at 75% RH for 5 years.

So jealous right now.

#124 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:27 PM

That's definitely a smooth stoagie. I usually favored the ones that give you a kick to the jaw though, otherwise I'd find myself inhaling too often though. My go to was usually the Rocky Patel Edge Maduro. Much easier to puff because if you made the mistake of inhaling it you'd drop a lung from all the coughing.

#125 2ForTripping

2ForTripping

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

My nephew Sawyer is down to Tybee from Atlanta and brought some sticks .... Some box pressed 5.5 x 55 Torano Salutem. A tasty stick. Unique flavor profile as it has some Cameroon in the the filler. It lends a nice dried fruit and lavender to the profile.

#126 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 05:57 PM

My nephew Sawyer is down to Tybee from Atlanta and brought some sticks .... Some box pressed 5.5 x 55 Torano Salutem. A tasty stick. Unique flavor profile as it has some Cameroon in the the filler. It lends a nice dried fruit and lavender to the profile.

You..... I want your palate for cigars.  You talk cigar like I talk whiskey.

#127 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

If there's Cameroon in it, I'm there.

#128 2ForTripping

2ForTripping

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

The Cameroon in the long filler is unique to the blend. Usually used as a wrapper this has a Habano wrapper. The Cameroon adds great subtle flavors...like I said dried fruit toward an apricot taste and slight lime tang. The lavender is oh so subtle but it adds a great flavor. The retrohale brings these flavors out greatly. I'm going to have to get a box or 5 to add to my humidors

Edited by 2ForTripping, 09 August 2017 - 06:59 PM.

#129 2ForTripping

2ForTripping

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Beautiful early evening here on Tybee...a cold tall boy and a Joya De Nicaragua Dark Corojo Antana for our pre dinner stick... post dinner choice is up to my nephew

#130 2ForTripping

2ForTripping

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

HEAT by Jesus Fuego 5.5 x 60. Flavor abounds. Tons of thick smoke nutmeg cinnamon and gingerbread with a zip of pepper. A tasty stick.

#131 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,126 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

I need to party with this guy.

#132 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,839 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

I need to party with this guy.

Let me know when you head down to GA. I'm in.

#133 2ForTripping

2ForTripping

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:36 AM

A Macanudo Cru Royale and a Bloody Mary get this Saturday morning off to a good start. One of my brothers and his wife and kids are headed to Tybee from Atlanta for a visit.