14714 replies to this topic

#14681 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

That would have been ironically more powerful as a statement if you'd used all caps.

I said "save as" and the student asked how to do a save as.... HOW DON"T YOU KNOW HOW TO COMPUTE RRRRR KID"

#14682 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,839 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:47 AM

I said "save as" and the student asked how to do a save as.... HOW DON"T YOU KNOW HOW TO COMPUTE RRRRR KID"

And so it begins. The Millennials become the next generation of old people.

#14683 Sabres79

Sabres79

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

It could be worse, we have an excel spreadsheet in a shared drive we use to balance our checking account.  There have literally been face to face meetings with people for the purposes of telling them: "For the love of god, do not "save as" or it creates multiple spreadsheets, all of them with different information.  Auditors love that ######.  Just hit the little blue button in the corner and leave it." 

Inexorably, there will be five copies of the spreadsheet in the folder within a day after it gets fixed. 

#14684 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

I'm home from work today because I have to take Jo for her procedure, but in the meantime I'm just kicking it on the couch. But the construction workers are on my balcony working and it's kinda weird. I want the blinds open but there's this big dude in jean shorts out there. This is probably awkward for both of us. 

#14685 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:10 AM

I'm home from work today because I have to take Jo for her procedure, but in the meantime I'm just kicking it on the couch. But the construction workers are on my balcony working and it's kinda weird. I want the blinds open but there's this big dude in jean shorts out there. This is probably awkward for both of us. 

depends on what you are wearing... or not wearing 

122412msmo077.jpg

Edited by ShadowLiger, 21 September 2017 - 08:11 AM.

#14686 EichSnipe

EichSnipe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:22 AM

These situations are always awkward, and it's significantly more awkward when juxtaposed to the comfort you normally feel in your own home! Back a few years ago, I had a major bathroom repair at my apartment. The maintenance guy was really nice, but he spent hours and hours in our place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My beloved recliner had a direct line of site to the bathroom. And it was a small place, so I really had nowhere to escape unless I lived in the kitchen. So if I sat and watched tv or did schoolwork, I also had to creepily watch him destroy and rebuild my shower....

And really, the reason for repair is worth sharing. One day I was just minding my business and taking a nice shower when I leaned on the wall... SMASH, my ass went straight through the tile and the wall crumbled down atop me. The drywall behind the tile was all rotted out from years of moisture.

#14687 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:24 AM

122412msmo077.jpg

:wub:

These situations are always awkward, and it's significantly more awkward when juxtaposed to the comfort you normally feel in your own home! Back a few years ago, I had a major bathroom repair at my apartment. The maintenance guy was really nice, but he spent hours and hours in our place on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My beloved recliner had a direct line of site to the bathroom. And it was a small place, so I really had nowhere to escape unless I lived in the kitchen. So if I sat and watched tv or did schoolwork, I also had to creepily watch him destroy and rebuild my shower....

And really, the reason for repair is worth sharing. One day I was just minding my business and taking a nice shower when I leaned on the wall... SMASH, my ass went straight through the tile and the wall crumbled down atop me. The drywall behind the tile was all rotted out from years of moisture.

That is terrifying. When I was a kid I had an irrational fear of falling through the bathtub because I didn't understand building construction and just assumed that there was nothing underneath it :lol:

#14688 Derrico

Derrico

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,053 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:27 AM

Liger. I cannot unsee that.

#14689 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:29 AM

Yeah, I know.  It's great, eh?

#14690 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:39 AM

Now you know how I have felt every day this summer with construction workers banging away... heh... every... single... day.... How many mornings i've slept in a little bit only to find a worker staring in my 2nd story window... and I don't wear much when I sleep... 

This prep for this procedure sucks so hardcore. Nausea, passing out, weak... god. Misery. And I just knowwww they're not going to have any answers after it. All of it for nothing. 

#14691 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,760 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:59 AM

blah, blah, blah ... don't wear much when I sleep ... blah, blah, blah ...

:angel:  :blush:

#14692 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:02 AM

I had a woman driving behind me on the highway for about 10 miles and she never once put her phone down.  Traffic was moving at a good pace, but its the morning drive so of course there was the occasional break tapping.  I was assuming I'd get rear ended each time I touched my brakes.  She was holding her phone up so high at certain points that I assume she was taking pictures.  And of course, she's crossing over the white line several times while following me.  I guess I'd rather have her behind me than in front of me, but my god are some people stupid.

#14693 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:21 AM

I had a woman driving behind me on the highway for about 10 miles and she never once put her phone down.  Traffic was moving at a good pace, but its the morning drive so of course there was the occasional break tapping.  I was assuming I'd get rear ended each time I touched my brakes.  She was holding her phone up so high at certain points that I assume she was taking pictures.  And of course, she's crossing over the white line several times while following me.  I guess I'd rather have her behind me than in front of me, but my god are some people stupid.

No way. Unless you can leave her in the dust (which is sometimes impossible given the amount of traffic/lights,etc), you always want bad drivers like that in front of you so you can keep your eye on them and not get rear ended.

#14694 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,844 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

just making Sabrespace great again...

#14695 Eleven

Eleven

Drunk Trailer Park Supervisor

• Members
  • 29,011 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:37 AM

just making Sabrespace great again...

Stop posting selfies.

#14696 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:06 AM

Stop posting

I agree with 11.

#14697 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Celiac's, IBS, gallbladder, idk wtf this is but I cannot be a graduate student and have this flare up like it has been for 3days at a time. It is physically impossible to have even close to the level of focus that is required for me to have a chance in these classes. 

Going to the campus doctor tomorrow or Friday, hopefully they have better suggestions than anyone did in NYS. 

Gallbladder should only bother you with higher fat foods, but I hope the new doc can suggest something useful.  My guess is if it were something way worse (like Crohn's or ulcerative colitis) you wouldn't recover on your own after a few days, so as awful as it is, here's hoping it's something that can be helped.

And thanks for the laugh, Liger!   :lol:

Edited by biodork, 21 September 2017 - 12:44 PM.

#14698 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:08 PM

And so it begins. The Millennials become the next generation of old people.

:D

#14699 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 01:14 PM

There's a leak in my back bike tire and I never updated my bus pass for the fall semester so I'm stuck here and can't get to campus (no way I'm trekking more than a mile with the heat index over 100). 

I don't technically need to be on campus until Monday, but damn I'm bad at life. I should just drop out now :lol:

#14700 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:22 PM

The sedation wasn't enough and Josie was basically awake through the whole procedure and is now traumatized which is great

Edited by d4rksabre, 21 September 2017 - 02:22 PM.

#14701 Eleven

Eleven

• Members
  • 29,011 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

The sedation wasn't enough and Josie was basically awake through the whole procedure and is now traumatized which is great

Ugh that sux.  

#14702 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

There's a leak in my back bike tire and I never updated my bus pass for the fall semester so I'm stuck here and can't get to campus (no way I'm trekking more than a mile with the heat index over 100). 

I don't technically need to be on campus until Monday, but damn I'm bad at life. I should just drop out now :lol:

Really?

#14703 pi2000

pi2000

A. Matthews loves money more than hockey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,825 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

Tennis elbow is improving albeit very very slowly.   Got one of those straps with the thing on it, which is helping.    Haven't taken a full swing in a few weeks, still getting in some short game work, probably ramp it up a bit next week.    Hockey is still a go, just can't take draws or execute stick lifts.

122412msmo077.jpg

I'm sitting here in a coffee shop with this image on my mac book for the entire world to see.   Thanks for that.

Use your phone to take a picture of her in her car, and her license plate..  text it to 911.

Now that's a legitimate complaint.   My condolences to you and yours.

That sucks.   You don't have a spare tube?   

#14704 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,515 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

Agree w/ 11 on it. Hopefully the trauma was worth it & the doctors come ip w/ the answers she needs. Would be sweet if that low point truly is the demarcation point into excellent health for her.

#14705 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,028 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:36 PM

That sucks.   You don't have a spare tube?   

Nope but I'll be buying one for sure

#14706 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:38 PM

Agree w/ 11 on it. Hopefully the trauma was worth it & the doctors come ip w/ the answers she needs. Would be sweet if that low point truly is the demarcation point into excellent health for her.

I hope so. The results were good. Docs said everything looks totally normal. Waiting on some biopsies but hoping that this ruled a lot of things out. It's the first and hardest step.

#14707 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:39 PM

Nope but I'll be buying one for sure

Buy two so you have a spare.

#14708 Eleven

Eleven

• Members
  • 29,011 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:41 PM

I hope so. The results were good. Docs said everything looks totally normal. Waiting on some biopsies but hoping that this ruled a lot of things out. It's the first and hardest step.

Good but next time she should bring a spare tube.

#14709 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Hand of the King

• Members
  • 32,453 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

Good but next time she should bring a spare tube.

:lol:

#14710 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • 20,013 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Use your phone to take a picture of her in her car, and her license plate..  text it to 911.

Your troll game's weak on this one

#14711 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:21 PM

That's good news. I hope she feels better soon.

#14712 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 21,859 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 03:23 PM

I volunteered to present a project I'm not even on. Why

#14713 Eleven

Eleven

• Members
  • 29,011 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

My girlfriend's cat got out.  North Buffalo.  I'll post something tomorrow with more details.

#14714 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,839 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:42 PM

My girlfriend's cat got out.  North Buffalo.  I'll post something tomorrow with more details.

Wrong thread.

:devil: Sorry. I could resist.

#14715 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,968 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 10:41 PM

There are five people in my group at work.  Two of us have been in the group for years, the manager has been in place about a year, and he brought in two new guys.

Well next week, three of the five are going to be out:  The manager, who's taking two weeks off :wallbash: , one of the new guys who's going to Germany for Octoberfest :beer: , the other experienced person who's having surgery and will be out a month :unsure: , which will leave just me and the other new guy. And our workload has picked up lately.  The next week or two are gonna suck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off Topic