594 replies to this topic

#561 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

So..... nobody that we know can actually play the position at a high level.

Seems like a good idea.

To be fair, even good teams go into the season with question marks at positions, relying on unproven and cheap help. 

#562 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,255 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:27 PM

Is he on the Sabres roster?  Otherwise, we got nuthin to replace Kane with.

there's always July 1st to add someone.....

#563 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:03 PM

Kane is a better player in a position of more need.
Pass.

Anisimov plays both LW and center, and while Kane maybe the more talented player and he has not performed to that talent level. 

Anisimov, over the last 2 years : 141gm 42g 45a 87pts

Kane, over the last 2 years: 135gm 48g, 30a 78pts

The other benefit is Anisimov is signed for 4 more season at 4.5 per season

Kane has one year left at 5.75 and if Jbot is working so hard to trade him then I have to assume Kane said he won't re-sign here. 

Edited by GASabresFan, 23 June 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#564 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,737 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:11 AM

So I know Brayden Schenn scores more points than Kane, but Kane scores just as many goals and in my view brings a lot more other elements to his game. Schenn is a year younger and has two years left on a slightly smaller contract.

I'd say the same about Jordan Eberle, who is a year older and has two years left on a slightly bigger contract.

Given the returns of those two players, does the board think a 2nd and a B prospect is all we'd get for Kane?

Edited by dudacek, Yesterday, 12:12 AM.

#565 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,442 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:32 AM

So I know Brayden Schenn scores more points than Kane, but Kane scores just as many goals and in my view brings a lot more other elements to his game. Schenn is a year younger and has two years left on a slightly smaller contract.

I'd say the same about Jordan Eberle, who is a year older and has two years left on a slightly bigger contract.

Given the returns of those two players, does the board think a 2nd and a B prospect is all we'd get for Kane?

Thank you.

#566 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • 23,785 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:41 AM

Kane also gets hurt every year, and fair or not, has the stigma of off-ice problems.

#567 dejeanerret

dejeanerret

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:13 PM

I can see a Kane/Scandella scenario going down this weekend.

#568 TheCerebral1

TheCerebral1

Lord and Master of Zero F***s Given

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted Yesterday, 12:16 PM

I can see a Kane/Scandella scenario going down this weekend.

Yuck.  I am so not a fan of his game.  He's also been extremely "unlucky / injury prone" the past few seasons.  I'd only move him there for Brodin or Dumba plus.  No thank you on Scandella!  But, that's just my jaded opinion.

#569 dejeanerret

dejeanerret

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:16 PM

Yuck.  I am so not a fan of his game.  He's also been extremely "unlucky / injury prone" the past few seasons.  I'd only move him there for Brodin or Dumba plus.  No thank you on Scandella!  But, that's just my jaded opinion.

Lots of chatter about Wild moving a D today.

It might me one of the others.

#570 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:20 PM

How the hell is he still here

#571 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:37 PM

How the hell is he still here

Maybe he really was just trolling?

#572 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:21 PM

Botterill is so freaking boring.

WE WANT TRADES

WE WANT RUMORS

WE WANT LEAKS 

> : ( 

Edited by Randall Flagg, Yesterday, 08:21 PM.

#573 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Kings continue to search hard for a top-line winger. Their goal is to bring one in soon, preferably a LW.

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

From one team executive: Stay Away

“He’s the guy everyone in the locker room hates. As much as he is skilled, you’re talking about issues, maybe if you have a strong room, but I would not move a significant asset for him because he will stir the pot with his teammates. He’s the Jeremy Giambi of hockey; I wouldn’t give more than a third-round pick for him...

#574 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,003 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:52 PM

That team executive is probably Chevy from Winnipeg lol. 

Has there been a single whisper about Kane being a locker room problem here? I've heard far more about Sam/Jack than Kane

#575 Saratoga Sabres Fan

Saratoga Sabres Fan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:54 PM

Kings continue to search hard for a top-line winger. Their goal is to bring one in soon, preferably a LW.

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

“He’s the guy everyone in the locker room hates. As much as he is skilled, you’re talking about issues, maybe if you have a strong room, but I would not move a significant asset for him because he will stir the pot with his teammates. He’s the Jeremy Giambi of hockey; I wouldn’t give more than a third-round pick for him...

If he really is that difficult to move I wonder if that would give us leverage in a contract extension negotiation? Would be kind of awkward though; um Evander, we couldn't trade you cause other GMs think youre a bad locker room presence. How about 4x5 and call it a day lol.

#576 WildCard

WildCard

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:59 PM

Per David Pagnotta

Dennis Bernstein

What kind of team would that even fit? I can only think of  SJ that fits the criteria of strong room, win now, can afford him. 

#577 dejeanerret

dejeanerret

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 PM

Botterill is so freaking boring.
WE WANT TRADES

WE WANT RUMORS
WE WANT LEAKS 
> : (

Welcome to the board TM.

#578 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:28 PM

It's going to have to be a team with a strong leadership group.  Chicago, Bos and Pitt come to mind.  Maybe LA with Brown, Kopitar and Carter. 

I remember when Bobby Bonilla and Gary Sheffield came to the Braves with similar reputations.  Smoltz, Chipper, Glavine and Maddux explained to them how things worked in the Braves clubhouse and both were actually excellent on and off the field here.  

#579 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,826 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:29 PM

That team executive is probably Chevy from Winnipeg lol. 

Has there been a single whisper about Kane being a locker room problem here? I've heard far more about Sam/Jack than Kane

Yup.

#580 WildCard

WildCard

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 PM

It's going to have to be a team with a strong leadership group.  Chicago, Bos and Pitt come to mind.  Maybe LA with Brown, Kopitar and Carter. 

I remember when Bobby Bonilla and Gary Sheffield came to the Braves with similar reputations.  Smoltz, Chipper, Glavine and Maddux explained to them how things worked in the Braves clubhouse and both were actually excellent on and off the field here.  

Chicago, Boston, and Pitt cannot afford him. Brown had the C stripped from him, Carter has his own history of issues, and by all accounts Kopitar struggled heavily with becoming the Captain this season 

#581 7+6=13

7+6=13

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:42 PM

I am just absolutely torn about how I feel about the Kane situation.  In fact, I've changed my mind back and forth several times. 

I've read you guys debating stats back and forth (good information), contract stuff,  Kane's value, Kane's game, etc.  I'm leaning towards wanting to keep and extend him. 

It's not easy to find a player that puts the puck into the net - he's been a consistent scorer since entering he league - I love that he's just 25 years old. 

#582 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Why can't Chicago afford him?  If we take Anisimov and they put Hossa on LTIR that clears 9.8 million.

#583 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:44 PM

Interestingly Pagnotta reported the Kings would be interested if his price dropped

#584 WildCard

WildCard

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Why can't Chicago afford him?  If we take Anisimov and they put Hossa on LTIR that clears 9.8 million.

They could do that. I really don't want Anisimov coming back though, at all

#585 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:47 PM

Interestingly Pagnotta reported the Kings would be interested if his price dropped

What is the price being asked?

#586 WildCard

WildCard

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:48 PM

Muzzin or Martinez would be my guess

#587 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:49 PM

No clue, he didn't mention one

#588 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:50 PM

They could do that. I really don't want Anisimov coming back though, at all

That's fair, but what about Anisimov and a couple of D prospects like Snuggerud (Dave's kid) and Chad Krys

#589 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,233 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM

If Kane agreed to an extension Muzzin might be in play.

This is per Bernstein from about a week ago

#590 WildCard

WildCard

• Members
  • 20,368 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:54 PM

That's fair, but what about Anisimov and a couple of D prospects like Snuggerud (Dave's kid) and Chad Krys

I just have no interest in him at all. He's got 4 years left at $4.5m, has nowhere to slot in on this team, and is 29. Also, how much of his production can be attributed to Kane? There just isn't anything good that comes out of trading for Anisimov 

#591 Saratoga Sabres Fan

Saratoga Sabres Fan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:56 PM

No clue, he didn't mention one

We're probably asking for Martinez and a prospect and they want to give us Forbort or Muzzin I bet. No link, just theorizing. These LA Kane rumors won't die I still think something will happen. Hard to trade him without an extension for an established d.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan, Yesterday, 09:58 PM.

#592 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:08 PM

I just have no interest in him at all. He's got 4 years left at $4.5m, has nowhere to slot in on this team, and is 29. Also, how much of his production can be attributed to Kane? There just isn't anything good that comes out of trading for Anisimov 

I don't mind his contract.  It gives us time to let Nylander, Davidsson, and Middelstadt develop if we use him at LW.  He also can serves at the 3rd line center.  He has been a 40 pt guy on all 3 teams he has played for.  Kane may have help a little, but mostly he used his size to create space for Panarin and Kane to work their magic. 

#593 Let's Go B-Lo

Let's Go B-Lo

Mucker. Grinder.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM

I don't mind his contract.  It gives us time to let Nylander, Davidsson, and Middelstadt develop if we use him at LW.  He also can serves at the 3rd line center.  He has been a 40 pt guy on all 3 teams he has played for.  Kane may have help a little, but mostly he used his size to create space for Panarin and Kane to work their magic. 

Speaking of Panarin, is anyone else looking forward to seeing Tortorella chase him back to the KHL?  What a horrible mismatch of player and coach.  Almost as bad as Ruff/Nichushkin

#594 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Speaking of Panarin, is anyone else looking forward to seeing Tortorella chase him back to the KHL?  What a horrible mismatch of player and coach.  Almost as bad as Ruff/Nichushkin

LOL. I thought Torts is now kinder and gentler.   

#595 Let's Go B-Lo

Let's Go B-Lo

Mucker. Grinder.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:18 PM

LOL. I thought Torts is now kinder and gentler.   

Riiiight. I want video of when he throws his Jack Adams at Panarin during his 1st bag skate.