Housley currently leads Tochett 50 to 1 in the SS poll. More people here want the owner to be head coach than Tochett. More people here trust a SS poster to coach the Sabres than Tochett. I'm just saying: Tochett isn't very popular these days.
Blind leading the blind.
At some point you have to trust the GM knows more than the average fan does about the candidates and support the decision regardless of who it is.
I haven't seen any evidence, other than a few quotes from players, that Housley would be the superior choice to Tocchet.
- players like him
- NSH D is having a good year offensively
- Housley runs the PP; they were ranked 16th in the league this past season
- no previous HC experience (at any level?)
- 4 seasons as NSH assistant
- no Cup rings
- a career -53
- players/coaches like him
- he ran the 4th ranked PP in the league
- short stint as HC of TBL during a mini-rebuild
- 7 years experience as assistant HC
- has Stanely Cup rings as a player and coach
- a career +82
That said, Rierden would be my choice based on articles I've read... again I don't know any of these guys personally, neither do any of you.
Edited by pi2000, 19 May 2017 - 04:06 PM.