67 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:10 AM

Should I be surprised, probably not. Am I annoyed, beyond belief. 

I slept on everything that I read and heard yesterday and you know how it feels to me? It feels like some Buffalo people are just unhappy Jack Eichel isn't kisses their ###### and answering their questions like a good little boy. I heard so many times yesterday how Jack is a kid and how he hasn't earned this or that. Jack Eichel just lead the Sabres in points as a 20year old who missed 21 games... you don't get that good without some serious mental fortitude. 

What I read from predominately older posters on SS was saddening. All this stuff about he hasn't earned this or that and needs to shut up and be a leader. A leader says what needs to be said and follow the path they must no matter how hard. Dan Bylsma is not a good coach. That is the truth, don't believe me? Go watch other teams for a few nights and you will see. Jack Eichel as the best player on the Buffalo Sabres has a right and a responsibility to say if the coach is an issue. He has a right and a responsibility to be unhappy after a losing season. This character assassination of the best player to wear Blue n Gold in the modern era needs to end.

But Liger he was snotty to the reporters and he's only 20... I hope he continues to answer dumb reporter questions with disdain. Hey Jack are you unhappy that your team didn't make the playoffs? No I am ###### thrilled that we missed the playoffs because now I don't get to play NHL hockey for 6 months and don't have a shot at the cup, yes I am ###### unhappy. 

He's not snotty, this is what a winning culture looks like. Losing is unacceptable and actually makes people unhappy. Jack is a Winner, get use to it. 

#2 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,790 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:16 AM

Indeed

#3 R_dudly

R_dudly

The Kids are making me nervous..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

Me likey the new old Liger.

Preach it brother and let all the fans say Amen!

#4 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,867 posts

I agree with this. Without Jack on this team we are Colorado. This team needs Jack moving forward and imo the story that came out yesterday was a fabrication based on hearsay and innuendo. Reporter says source told him this and that. Who knows ? Does source exist ? Even if there is some truth that several players don't like Double Ds system that isn't unusual. 

#5 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

It isn't just the media people here, on social media, all over just jumped at the opportunity to go after him with almost no proof. I am Jack's side.I bet Murray asked him his opinion and Jack told him honestly. Now that has gotten blown up because Jack is only 20 or some ageist BS.

#6 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:24 AM

#7 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,023 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:45 AM

I slept on everything that I read and heard yesterday and you know how it feels to me? It feels like some Buffalo people are just unhappy Jack Eichel isn't kisses their ###### and answering their questions like a good little boy. I heard so many times yesterday how Jack is a kid and how he hasn't earned this or that. Jack Eichel just lead the Sabres in points as a 20year old who missed 21 games... you don't get that good without some serious mental fortitude. 

What I read from predominately older posters on SS was saddening. All this stuff about he hasn't earned this or that and needs to shut up and be a leader. A leader says what needs to be said and follow the path they must no matter how hard. Dan Bylsma is not a good coach. That is the truth, don't believe me? Go watch other teams for a few nights and you will see. Jack Eichel as the best player on the Buffalo Sabres has a right and a responsibility to say if the coach is an issue. He has a right and a responsibility to be unhappy after a losing season. This character assassination of the best player to wear Blue n Gold in the modern era needs to end.

But Liger he was snotty to the reporters and he's only 20... I hope he continues to answer dumb reporter questions with disdain. Hey Jack are you unhappy that your team didn't make the playoffs? No I am ###### thrilled that we missed the playoffs because now I don't get to play NHL hockey for 6 months and don't have a shot at the cup, yes I am ###### unhappy. 

He's not snotty, this is what a winning culture looks like. Losing is unacceptable and actually makes people unhappy. Jack is a Winner, get use to it.

This is not an old vs young fan issue, regardless of how badly you misinterpret it to be such.

This is a pro-Goober / anti-Bylsma media/ fan issue. Eichel & his agent did a good job presenting their side of this "story."

#8 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:49 AM

This is not an old vs young fan issue, regardless of how badly you misinterpret it to be such.

This is a pro-Goober / anti-Bylsma media/ fan issue. Eichel & his agent did a good job presenting their side of this "story."

You disagreeing with me does not mean I misinterpreted, it just means we disagree. 

#9 Taro T

Taro T

It leads you here despite your destination under the MW tonight.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,023 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

You disagreeing with me does not mean I misinterpreted, it just means we disagree.

You once again are misconstruing correlation for causation. ;)

#10 rjones71

rjones71

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:53 AM

But if you misinterpreted my disagreement in the first place, how can we agree?

#11 Woods-Racer

Woods-Racer

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

I'm older, I'm in the fire Dan camp. I never thought of it as a young vs old thing.

#12 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:06 AM

You once again are misconstruing correlation for causation. ;)

ok ;)

#13 DirtDart

DirtDart

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:22 AM

Agree 110%...

#14 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,143 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:43 AM

Someone leak a report that Eichel doesn't think Trump is a good enough President. You know, just to see what would happen.

#15 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,518 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:44 AM

Someone leak a report that Eichel doesn't think Trump is a good enough President. You know, just to see what would happen.

:w00t:

#16 pi2000

pi2000

The Church of Mouls... er Matthews

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:30 AM

I'm still at a loss for what motivated Paul Hamilton (an employee of the Sabres) to post that story about Eichel yesterday.  

Maybe somebody gave him intentionally false information to trigger the Bylsma/Murray firings.....   but for what reason?   And to put the franchise player in the spotlight in a negative way, when clearly Eichel didn't say any of those things seems disingenuous at best.   Maybe him and Eichel despise each other, you can tell by the way Jack rolls his eyes at every PHAM question.

That said, maybe it's Paul ###### Hamilton who's the man behind the curtain running the entire operation...  the new Batista.      

#17 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,143 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

I'm still at a loss for what motivated Paul Hamilton (an employee of the Sabres) to post that story about Eichel yesterday.  

Maybe somebody gave him intentionally false information to trigger the Bylsma/Murray firings.....   but for what reason?   And to put the franchise player in the spotlight in a negative way, when clearly Eichel didn't say any of those things seems disingenuous at best.   Maybe him and Eichel despise each other, you can tell by the way Jack rolls his eyes at every PHAM question.

That said, maybe it's Paul ###### Hamilton who's the man behind the curtain running the entire operation...  the new Batista.      

He's not, though.

#18 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:35 AM

Meh. Eichel acted as Hasek did. Much of my dislike for Hasek is a result of that. I do t dislike Eichel yet, but my spider sense is tingling.

Said another way, millenial blames older poster for age related things when it isnt age related behavior that was criticized. Methinks millenial has the very age bias they are expressing righteous indignation against.

#19 RuffMuff

RuffMuff

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:38 AM

If I was Jack and saw Hamilton's sweaty fat ass coming up to me in the locker room for a chat next year he'd see some immaturity...

#20 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,670 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I think Eichel handled everything brilliantly. If he was trying to get Dan fired, he did it with much less publicity than many other young stars have. He came right out and gave that interview yesterday. 

I firmly believe we don't deserve this kid and we're lucky that he wants to be here for a long time. 

#21 Sabres79

Sabres79

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

Sabres wiki page right now:Attached File  IMG_0093.PNG   449.43KB   4 downloads

#22 pi2000

pi2000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

I firmly believe we don't deserve this kid and we're lucky that he wants to be here for a long time

He said that yesterday... before the mess TP created today. 

#23 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

He said that yesterday... before the mess TP created today.

Don't assume Eichel is sad today.

#24 pi2000

pi2000

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,148 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Don't assume Eichel is sad today.

Don't assume he's not sitting there thinking "What a mess this franchise is", while listening to playoff stories from his friends in summer league (Vesey, Hayes', Fitzgerald, etc..).

#25 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:26 AM

Paul's not an employee. The flagship station status and special access is there, though. Can you really say Eichel clearly did not make the statement?

#26 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Paul's not an employee. The flagship station status and special access is there, though. Can you really say Eichel clearly did not make the statement?

Can you really say he did?

Sabres wiki page right now:attachicon.gifIMG_0093.PNG

Good at least know there is a winner running this thing. 

Edited by ShadowLiger, 20 April 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#27 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Of course not.

#28 ddaryl

ddaryl

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:54 AM

Who the hell has been dissing Eichel. I find his brash honesty refreshing and feel he is the teams true captain

but just being on Bills and Sabres forums its easy to see how we will never succeed with our fans. Our fans are to over the top vocal and to many have no lives outside sports to point where i play less and less attention to the teams because i have to deal with the fans

If I'm Jack i tell everyone to bite me and prepare to leave the city. If the fans are going to be giant douche bags they deserve the exodus and more misery to heap on their already miserable existences. Just had enough of the obsessive negativity coming from a simple form of entertainment

#29 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

Meh. Eichel acted as Hasek did. Much of my dislike for Hasek is a result of that. I do t dislike Eichel yet, but my spider sense is tingling.

Said another way, millenial blames older poster for age related things when it isnt age related behavior that was criticized. Methinks millenial has the very age bias they are expressing righteous indignation against.

If we meet up for that beer, we may have a throwdown :P

#30 ddaryl

ddaryl

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

ROTFLMAO

millennials.. typical of the older generation to blame the younger generations for the problems your generations caused to begin with.

LMFAO at this non sense. wiping tears from my eyes right now. holy chit that caught me off guard

#31 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:57 AM

If it wasn't age related why was Eichel's age mentioned continuously?

#32 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,434 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Let's hope Sabretooth doesn't forget to say hi to Jack in the mornings  :bag:

#33 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,531 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:59 AM

Good at least now there is a winner running this thing. 

True. His WJC18 did win the gold in 2014.

Oh, and the Hobey Baker.

#34 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,666 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

If it wasn't age related why was Eichel's age mentioned continuously?

His experience at the highest level of hockey was in the conversation. Admittedly, they do correlate, but age wasnt the point being discussed.

Im sure there were comments that included "that young snot" or whatever, but it was his lack of experience at this level that was at the heart of the conversation.

#35 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,834 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

Don't assume he's not sitting there thinking "What a mess this franchise is", while listening to playoff stories from his friends in summer league (Vesey, Hayes', Fitzgerald, etc..).

There's a good chace Eichel would be there with them if not for DDB.

#36 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Meanwhile, did Eichel assassinate his own character in the News interview by saying he regretted how he acted during the presser?

#37 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

Meanwhile, did Eichel assassinate his own character in the News interview by saying he regretted how he acted during the presser?

No, it is mature to acknowledge that you acted in a way that some found to be immature. Shows someone who reflects on their actions and internalizes them to be better next time. 

#38 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

No, it is mature to acknowledge that you acted in a way that some found to be immature. Shows someone who reflects on their actions and internalizes them to be better next time. 

So I and others are actually in the character development business! Yay me and others.

#39 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:10 AM

Rochester weighs in. Maybe a little perspective from the safety of distance?

There is plenty of sentiment inside KeyBank Center that Eichel is an entitled hockey brat with a superiority complex who will keep ruining locker rooms if he doesn’t grow up.

http://www.democrata...roth/100707580/

Edited by PASabreFan, 21 April 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#40 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:16 AM

Rochester weighs in. Maybe a little perspective from the safety of distance?

http://www.democrata...roth/100707580/

What a hit piece. Author clearly has a favorable opinion of Bylsma and gave no evidence of the things he claims about Eichel. None. If you're going to write that type of trash, include Eichel quotes that prove your point. Absolute garbage news story by someone who is unhappy and venting.

Read it twice. Talking about brooding. This might be one of the worst "news" opinions I've ever read. The axe being grinded is obvious.

Edited by ShadowLiger, 21 April 2017 - 07:18 AM.