163 replies to this topic

#161 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:34 AM

He either did change the system in his mind but it looks the same to us ("but the center now looks to receive that 95 ft pass on the *right* side of the ice!"), or when the going got tough, he went back to his safe-place. Either way, I hate his system and I grow ever more weary of watching it.

Seems logical. I'm sick of DB. I've watched maybe 10 or so games this season and half of those I didn't even watch in their entirety. If he's back again next season I'll watch fewer games than TM utters word announcing our next high draft pick.

Edited by Drunkard, 23 March 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#162 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Eichel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:47 AM

Seems logical. I'm sick of DB. I've watched maybe 10 or so games this season and half of those I didn't even watch in their entirety. If he's back again next season I'll watch fewer games than TM utters word announcing our next high draft pick.

I like the cut of your anger's gib.

#163 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,554 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

I don't think we can hand wave Bylsma as the fault of "those meddling Pegulas"

When Babcock went south (or, more accurately, north) the brain trust immediately targeted Bylsma. They discovered the interest was mutual, they liked what he had to say and they offered him a ridiculous contract.

Whether Terry led that charge, or Tim, both were clearly involved and there has been no sign that Tim was not fully on board.

Didn't Murray also say he had reached out to Bylsma and they had contact before the Babcock decision even happened?

#164 MattPie

MattPie

Hello, sailor!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,867 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:44 PM

Didn't Murray also say he had reached out to Bylsma and they had contact before the Babcock decision even happened?

Realistically, I'm sure they had contact with most of the available coaches at the time. Who knows what the depth of that contact was.