http://www.26shirts....rt-17-taro.html

#882 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

If you'd like to dial the existential terror to 11 while pondering existence and the universe google "Vaccuum Decay" and off you go.

And remmeber, it may have already happened, we just don't know it yet.

:w00t:

#883 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

It's like starting a fire but we don't know how the wood even got in the pit, or what the pit is.

How did we get to the start?

A fault of human nature is assuming we have the ability to see everything there is to see. For all we know our universe could be no more significant to existence than a single cell in our body is to our well being. Nothing more significant than a cell dividing.

#884 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

A fault of human nature is assuming we have the ability to see everything there is to see. For all we know our universe could be no more significant to existence than a single cell in our body is to our well being. Nothing more significant than a cell dividing.

It's crazy and I love it!

#885 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:31 PM

Not sure if this belongs in the random or awesome thread, but the newest 26shirts.com design is honoring our dearest Taro. 

It's. So. Good. That artist is incredible. Check out his other stuff: https://www.instagram.com/pigboomart/

#886 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,776 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

It's. So. Good. That artist is incredible. Check out his other stuff: https://www.instagram.com/pigboomart/

Rat fink Catbus is excellent.

#887 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:34 PM

I am overworked like you wouldn't believe.

So I put some laundry in the washer at about 7, set the alarm clock for an hour, and took a nap.

Twilight looks like morning.

I woke up thinking it was tomorrow.  

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was.  She's still at work, of course.

Now she thinks I'm crazy.

#888 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,776 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:39 PM

So I put some laundry in the washer at about 7, set the alarm clock for an hour, and took a nap.

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was. She's still at work, of course.

:lol:

#889 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:45 PM

I texted my girlfriend, wondering where she was. She's still at work, of course.

Had an employee call in to work once. She called sounding frantic on the answering machine. "hey, this is so and so! I'm running late, I'll be right there!"

I called her back. I never call back. She was rushing to work for her 6pm shift at 7am thinking she was an hour late. It was hilarious.

#890 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 28,434 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

I should mention that this has happened before.  One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing.  Only at 5.  It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.  

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi.  I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

Edited by Eleven, 21 June 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#891 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,689 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:38 PM

I should mention that this has happened before. One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing. Only at 5. It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi. I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

My most shining moment was at one point during the winter where I woke up at 1:30 in the morning and immediately jumped in the shower. It wasn't until I got back into the bedroom and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing when I realized that it wasn't anywhere near my morning wake up time. It turned out really well though because there's nothing better than getting to go back to bed after you think you've woken up for the morning.

#892 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,209 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

My most shining moment was at one point during the winter where I woke up at 1:30 in the morning and immediately jumped in the shower. It wasn't until I got back into the bedroom and my wife asked me what the hell I was doing when I realized that it wasn't anywhere near my morning wake up time. It turned out really well though because there's nothing better than getting to go back to bed after you think you've woken up for the morning.

I did the same thing when I was a kid.

#893 ChileanSeaBass

ChileanSeaBass

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

I should mention that this has happened before.  One winter, when my fiancee still was with me, I did the same thing.  Only at 5.  It's dark at 5 pm in the dead of winter, and it's dark at 5 am, too.  

Imagine my surprise when she woke me up at what I THOUGHT WAS SIX IN THE MORNING to tell me that my parents had stopped by and wanted to say hi.  I made my way downstairs and got waters and sodas for everyone, but wow it was weird.

A few months ago, my wife frantically ran through the house waking everyone up, saying we're late for work and school, thinking it was 7:00 (she leaves at 7:15, kids get the bus at 6:30).  I looked at the stove and microwave while letting the dogs out and confirmed it was actually 12:30.  We had been asleep for about 2 hours.

#894 shrader

shrader

Enduring tortures most of which rhyme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,689 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

I did the same thing when I was a kid.

And I was in my 30s so I guess I'm way behind in my maturation.

#895 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

Random... We've is stuck in Detroit Airport.... my Dad is stuck in Chicago trying to get to Detroit... 

Just been watching that line of storms regenerate over central Michigan and hammer DTW over and over again allll night. 

I'm down here in Toledo. Complaint Thursdays thread was closed when I saw it. Good luck, We've, hope you get out soon- tomorrow's forecast is storms from 4 am through all day :( 

#896 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,816 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:34 AM

Random... We've is stuck in Detroit Airport.... my Dad is stuck in Chicago trying to get to Detroit...

Just been watching that line of storms regenerate over central Michigan and hammer DTW over and over again allll night.

I'm down here in Toledo. Complaint Thursdays thread was closed when I saw it. Good luck, We've, hope you get out soon- tomorrow's forecast is storms from 4 am through all day :(

Thanks. Wasting time in baggage claim = out of Detroit. Home soon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic