1020 replies to this topic

#1001 dudacek

dudacek

Bear poker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,682 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:06 PM

Does Vegas have the horses to trade up to grab Patrick?

If you were Philly, would you take 6, 13 and 15? I would.

#1002 GASabresFan

GASabresFan

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted Today, 12:50 AM

Does Vegas have the horses to trade up to grab Patrick?

If you were Philly, would you take 6, 13 and 15? I would.

The math says Philly should take that deal.   https://www.broadstr...alue-trading-up

According the draft pick value table I use:

The 2nd pick is worth 69.9 pts

the 6th pick is worth 45.9 pts

13th = 31.5

15th = 28.5

However, I think LV would be crazy to make the trade.  They need to start an entire prospect pool.  I'd package the 13 and 15th to try to move up 3rd or 4th, but I'd keep my 6th.  

#1003 Thorny

Thorny

Supreme Mugwump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,624 posts

Posted Today, 04:43 AM

I think Tippett is going to be our pick, for whatever reason. Just a guess from what I've read. I've advocated for not drafting him, so I'll have to come around on him, I suppose.

#1004 ct fab

ct fab

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted Today, 05:30 AM

There's no better goalscorer in the draft than Tippett. The rest of his game sucks RIGHT NOW but he's 18 and that can change. He would be gold with eichel. Imagine eichel nylander Tippett in two years? In saying that, if Makar somehow makes it to 8 he's the pick and Ljengrin (spelling) is a strong possibility. He was a top 3 player heading​ into the year before Mono got him

#1005 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 08:18 AM

Royce Crisp just said that Buffalo will take the player with the best shot of being a good NHL player. 

The main 3 or 4 defenders: Heiskanen, Makar, Liljegren, and Valimaki/Vakanainen specifically named by Crisp in that order when asked about defenders in this draft. 

Believe that there is a tier of about 12 players after the top 4-5 grouping. 

Edited by ShadowLiger, Today, 08:54 AM.

#1006 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted Today, 08:33 AM

Royce just said that Buffalo will take the player with the best shot of being a good NHL player. 

The main 3 or 4 defenders: Heiskanen, Makar, Liljegren, and Valimaki/Vakanainen specifically named by Royce in that order when asked about defenders in this draft. 

Jeff Crisp- Royce was let go when GMTM was fired

#1007 dudacek

dudacek

Bear poker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,682 posts

Posted Today, 08:34 AM

Royce just said that Buffalo will take the player with the best shot of being a good NHL player. 

The main 3 or 4 defenders: Heiskanen, Makar, Liljegren, and Valimaki/Vakanainen specifically named by Royce in that order when asked about defenders in this draft. 

Royce? Wasn't he fired?
And where can I read/listen/watch?

#1008 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

Not directing this at you Liger but that comment by Royce just seems like something captain obvious would say. That would be the hope with every selection you make I would think.

Edited by bunomatic, Today, 08:43 AM.

#1009 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 08:42 AM

Royce? Wasn't he fired?
And where can I read/listen/watch?

WGR 550

#1010 Crusader1969

Crusader1969

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,333 posts

Posted Today, 08:45 AM

There's no better goalscorer in the draft than Tippett. The rest of his game sucks RIGHT NOW but he's 18 and that can change. He would be gold with eichel. Imagine eichel nylander Tippett in two years? In saying that, if Makar somehow makes it to 8 he's the pick and Ljengrin (spelling) is a strong possibility. He was a top 3 player heading​ into the year before Mono got him

Tippett is a shooter and pure goal scorer. Why wouldn't we want him to play wing with Eichel? He skating is also considered high end and has a great burst. Tippett is also very effective in the cycle game. Contrary, to what most think he is actually a very good passer and play-maker but does have a shoot first mentality. Wrist shot is deadly and slap shot is extremely effective.

He is 18 and will need to be coached so that he isn't a liability in his own end. I figure, if he is playing with Jack, how much D do I really want him playing?

I'll be excited to see the Sabres draft him

#1011 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 08:54 AM

Jeff Crisp- Royce was let go when GMTM was fired

Fixed, sorry for that. 

#1012 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted Today, 08:57 AM

Fixed, sorry for that.

No worries

Per Corey Pronman the Devils maybe leaning towards picking Cale Makar First Overall

#1013 Randall Flagg

Randall Flagg

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,918 posts

Posted Today, 09:00 AM

No worries

Per Corey Pronman the Devils maybe leaning towards picking Cale Makar First Overall

Smart team

I think Tippett is going to be our pick, for whatever reason. Just a guess from what I've read. I've advocated for not drafting him, so I'll have to come around on him, I suppose.

A horrifying proposition

#1014 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 09:11 AM

No worries

Oh please let this happen, the shenanigans that will ensue 

#1015 3putt

3putt

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted Today, 09:28 AM

No worries

Neidermayer 2.0

#1016 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,682 posts

Posted Today, 09:29 AM

No worries

That'd make me feel a lot better about dropping 6-8, since it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I also wonder if this would put the kibosh to Vegas' attempted trade up. Philly may have been okay trading away from Patrick, but maybe Hischier being available changes that.

#1017 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 09:37 AM

Jeff Crisp on WGR now. 

Crisp along with Kevin Devine will be running the draft with input from Botterill. 

#1018 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted Today, 09:40 AM

Jeff Crisp on WGR now.

Interesting he and Devine will run the draft with input from Botterill.

Stated they will have eight players targeted for the 8th Pick, but Botterill has some things in the hopper about moving up or down

And he did give some love to Greg Royce as well.

#1019 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 09:41 AM

"Jason wants good players that will help the Sabres win, we might fine tune what makes a good Sabre going forward"  

#1020 3putt

3putt

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted Today, 09:45 AM

That'd make me feel a lot better about dropping 6-8, since it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I also wonder if this would put the kibosh to Vegas' attempted trade up. Philly may have been okay trading away from Patrick, but maybe Hischier being available changes that.

If I was McPhee I would want a shot at either Makar or Neskinen.  Paired with Theodore down the road and you are building a nice blue line.  They could sit pat and pick up a good F and Valimaki and Branstrom if they so choose.  Nice position to be in.  

#1021 ShadowLiger

ShadowLiger

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted Today, 09:48 AM

Judging from what Crisp said, I would say the Sabres will rank their 8 guys they want at #8 and take whoever is highest on their list. I can see us getting a forward. This mad dash for defenders that has developed could land us a great player at #8. 

If I was McPhee I would want a shot at either Makar or Neskinen.  Paired with Theodore down the road and you are building a nice blue line.  They could sit pat and pick up a good F and Valimaki and Branstrom if they so choose.  Nice position to be in.  

I would do your 2nd option. Take Valimaki and Brannstrom while getting someone like Glass or Mittlestad or Vilardi.