3 replies to this topic

#1 drnkirishone

drnkirishone

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

thinking of paying for one and unsure which one to go with considering there are so many choices and various features, what is everyone opinion on what one to go with?

#2 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,388 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 07:58 AM

I using Google play music.  I can't say it's any better or worse than the others as I haven't tried them, but it works for me.

What I highly recommend is getting a Chromecast for audio.  It can rescue legacy equipment and turn them into great music streaming devices.  I had an old Bose wave radio collecting dust, hooked it up to one of these nifty devices and bam I had a nice little system for the screen porch.  I'm thinking about getting a few more and linking them up for a cheap whole home sound system.

#3 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,531 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 08:10 AM

I use Tidal as I think it sounds the best.

Also, something to consider if you want to be a conscientious streamer.

http://nextshark.com...rtists-spotify/

(that visual for Youtube continues to blow my mind)

I was away and didn't reply to JJ (I think it was him) about selection, but I have been able to play any song or CD-LP-Record-Tape, I have looked up so far (including my wife's CD from 16 years ago).

#4 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:05 AM

I using Google play music.  I can't say it's any better or worse than the others as I haven't tried them, but it works for me.

What I highly recommend is getting a Chromecast for audio.  It can rescue legacy equipment and turn them into great music streaming devices.  I had an old Bose wave radio collecting dust, hooked it up to one of these nifty devices and bam I had a nice little system for the screen porch.  I'm thinking about getting a few more and linking them up for a cheap whole home sound system.

+1 on this, for $35 it's a pretty cool solution that seems to work a lot better than Bluetooth or cables for our house.