Got to love those Nichols kids!

#322 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,679 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 AM

Huh? I'm not not the one trying to equate a trade from 2005 to one in 2015. I'm not the one who thinks that a range of 9th overall to 57th overall is relatively the same thing. History shows that the 21st we gave up was of significantly more value then the 57th Edm gave for Talbot or the 29th in 2016 that SJ gave for Jones for three goalies that were of equalish value based on age, experience and performance. These are the only comparables that matter since that was the trade market that existed when Lehner was acquired and it's pretty clear that GMTM overpaid, while shrewder and more experienced GM's got similar (or better) quality for less. Looking at the three goalies, one can easily make an argument that we spent the most and got the worst of the three goalies, despite Lehners improvement.

If you want to argue that a GM should look at history to get a general idea of what he should offer to acquire an up and coming goalie, ok I can accept that argument to a limited extent. However, the GM must factor in the quality of the goalies available and number of teams looking for the goalies in that year in making an offer.i Some years we have buyers markets and sometimes sellers markets. Sometimes you have excellent players available and sometimes you don't.

Jesus Christ dude, you're relentless. 

You do know that Talbot is four years older than Lehner................ right? That's not "equalish".

#323 Murray's Rats

Murray's Rats

Since Gilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:21 PM

https://twitter.com/...676299150643201Sign em up Timmy.

#324 3putt

3putt

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,837 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:36 PM

Petersen with an assist on the Irish' tying goal. Tape to tape to the winger at the Gophers blue line. 2 to 2 start of third.