Photo

How to add photos to posts?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:00 AM

I have forgotten how to add photos to a post ...

Help?

#2 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,361 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 11:27 AM

Get an account with a photo sharing service, copy/paste the link for your pic from the photo sharing site into your post.

#3 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,279 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 01:26 PM

Save it, go to 'More Reply Options', choose your picture to attach, and attach it

#4 ubkev

ubkev

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:00 PM

Thanks WC, I had no idea about that one. I always post from my phone so I don't have a More Reply Options. But if I go to my computer to post, I won't have to upload to photobucket. This could potentially save 17 seconds!

#5 MattPie

MattPie

Hello, sailor!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,868 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

THere are two ways to add a photo. There's the method wildcard mentions, in which you upload a picture from your computer and attach it to a post. The other is what We've is talking about, where you can link any image on the internet into a post. Pick whichever makes the most sense at the time.

It's not likely to come up on a low-traffic site like this, but there are instances where the person hosting the image (as in the We've method) gets mad that it's linked and changes the image or deletes it. That happens a lot more if something goes wildly viral and suddenly the person hosting has huge bandwidth bills.

http://www.theguardi...sans-permission

#6 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 03:43 PM

Get an account with a photo sharing service, copy/paste the link for your pic from the photo sharing site into your post.

This is what I'm trying to do. I'm using the snapfish app for iPhone and copy but it doesn't seem like I have the option to paste into my post on the site. I've tried mobile and regular versions of the site. I'll admit that I find this very challenging.