6 replies to this topic

#1 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Is there a way to fix poll threads from counting new votes as posts. I read just about every thread on here with very few exceptions and I really like how a thread will get bolded whenever there are new posts I haven't read yet. However with all the player poll threads I find myself reading the same last post over and over again because somebody decided to vote without making a post. Would this be something that could be easily fixed by adjusting some sort of setting?

#2 MattPie

MattPie

Hello, sailor!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,047 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

Is there a way to fix poll threads from counting new votes as posts. I read just about every thread on here with very few exceptions and I really like how a thread will get bolded whenever there are new posts I haven't read yet. However with all the player poll threads I find myself reading the same last post over and over again because somebody decided to vote without making a post. Would this be something that could be easily fixed by adjusting some sort of setting?

I agree, although I've gotten to the point where I don't open the poll threads unless they're up near the top of the list.

#3 Drunkard

Drunkard

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

I agree, although I've gotten to the point where I don't open the poll threads unless they're up near the top of the list.

I didn't think about that. From now on I'll avoid them unless they get bumped up to the top.

#4 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,689 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 07:40 PM

Also agreed! Seems like there should be a way to fix that.

#5 WildCard

WildCard

Gunner's Mate First Class: Philip A$$hole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,277 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 07:00 PM

So, can we fix this? It would be awesome to have it corrected. 

And, to be a curmudgeon, can we get our emoticons back too?

#6 Doohickie

Doohickie

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,332 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:14 AM

So, can we fix this? It would be awesome to have it corrected. 

And, to be a curmudgeon, can we get our emoticons back too?

:w00t: ?

#7 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,981 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

I plan on voting in the advance polls today.

I think Dictator Harper will have the election day vote count rigged.

For once there is that one issue that really has me deciding which way to vote ... many times there isn't that one key issue ... I am casting my vote for the party that says they will immediately repeal that damned Bill C-51.  That one officially turns Canada into a police state, modelled after Stalin's Soviet Union, or Pinochet's Argentina.

Oh, maybe you mean SabreSpace polls?

Carry on.