Jump to content


LeBronapalooza - Indecision 2014


  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

I know most people on this board fall into the zero f#cks given department for the NBA but I have to ask, what the hell is going on here.  

Everyone reported he'd make a decision by 11 pm last night yet here we sit still waiting.  Did the media drop the ball and report BS info?  

It has also come to light that LeBron is still upset about the nasty letter the Cavs owner wrote and posted on their website for 4 years.  Here's my question, if he's still pissed about it, what's the problem.  Don't sign there.  Just baffling....

If he doesn't sign with Cleveland they might burn down his house there.  No seriously...

#2 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:21 AM

I want to hit you.

#3 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 11 July 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I want to hit you.
Ok but only if you are the bottom

#4 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:13 AM

View Postinkman, on 11 July 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Ok but only if you are the bottom
its been awhile so why not. :flirt:



See this banter is why I like this place.

#5 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

He should just retire, so then we'll only hear about him 4 days a week instead of 7

#6 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:22 AM

You know ESPN has a guy on staff who's entire job it is to cover Lebron.  He wrote 2 books on him and was basically the Bucky of Cleveland and now he works for ESPN because ESPN is actually ALAT, All Lebron, All the Time

#7 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Cavaliers it is...

#8 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:38 AM

"We take everything we said back" ~all of the people of Cleveland

#9 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,782 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

And Tim Kennedy signs with the Sabres....

#10 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

View PostSpndnchz, on 11 July 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

And Tim Kennedy signs with the Sabres....

The MMA Fighter?

#11 Campy

Campy

    Man created language to satisfy his deep need to complain

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA Beach VA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:18 PM

I'm excited that after a day or two of "analysis" I won't hear as much about him or the NBA.

#12 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,782 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:42 PM



#13 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,183 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:47 PM

Manziel and Lebron...Cleveland just went from total anonymity to the center of the media universe for NFL and NBA

#14 Campy

Campy

    Man created language to satisfy his deep need to complain

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:VA Beach VA

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:01 PM

View PostCallawaySabres, on 11 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Manziel and Lebron...Cleveland just went from total anonymity to the center of the media universe for NFL and NBA ESPN

Fixed.

#15 Bob Malooga

Bob Malooga

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 174 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Church-bell Tower.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostCallawaySabres, on 11 July 2014 - 12:47 PM, said:

Manziel and Lebron...Cleveland just went from total anonymity to the center of the media universe for NFL and NBA
Sorry, but neither of them will EVER touch this man...he is, always has been and always will be..."Cleveland." (IMO anyways)

http://www.vintageca.../2076/97686.jpg

(Lebron might come close...but Manziel? Lol, not a chance in hell.)

Edited by Bob Malooga, 11 July 2014 - 01:44 PM.


#16 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

    D63

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central NY (Fingerlakes)

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:00 PM

Good God I am so glad he FINALLY signed.  Maybe now ESPN will focus on other things.  Did they even do anything for NHL free agency?

#17 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

    Brighter days ahead...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South of the city.

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:03 PM

LeWho?  :yawn:

#18 LabattBlue

LabattBlue

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,498 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western New York

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 11 July 2014 - 12:42 PM, said:


Short and to the point.  :lol: :lol:

#19 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,814 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:52 PM

View PostdEnnis the Menace, on 11 July 2014 - 02:00 PM, said:

Good God I am so glad he FINALLY signed.  Maybe now ESPN will focus on other things.  Did they even do anything for NHL free agency?
"Today marks the beginning of NHL free agency but it is unlikely LeBron James will be signing with any NHL team." - ESPN July 1, 2014.

#20 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

    D63

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central NY (Fingerlakes)

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 11 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

"Today marks the beginning of NHL free agency but it is unlikely LeBron James will be signing with any NHL team." - ESPN July 1, 2014.

:lol: well played

#21 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:24 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 11 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:


"Today marks the beginning of NHL free agency but it is unlikely LeBron James will be signing with any NHL team." - ESPN July 1, 2014.
I figured garth snow would have been all over that looking for a winger to play with Johnny T

#22 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,408 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I happened to be in Cleveland today. When I got to the Cleveland Clinic, I overheard someone say they had made an announcement about LeBron over the P.A. system, and people cheered. Pretty cool. That's what it will be like when Patrick Kane returns to Buffalo. Right?

#23 weave

weave

    Self-appointed Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in your head

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:05 PM

I am surprised that Cleveland is embracing the return of Le Bron.  He scorned that city in the most public way imagineable.  I doubt I'd cheer his return if it were my team that he walked away from in such dramatic fashion.

Then again, i'm one of the minority that retains Hasek issues.

#24 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:20 PM

LeBron handled his exit about as gracefully as a dog handles its own surprise farts, but he's shown some growth as a man (aside from the smug pose with the two trophies) and has the talent to be forgiven. You never get mad when the greatest players in your game signs with your team.

#25 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

I heard LeBron news on NPR over the weekend, I guess it is a big deal. They were also talking about World Cup, so that must have been the weekly sports half-hour.

Edited by MattPie, 14 July 2014 - 08:02 AM.


#26 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:36 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 11 July 2014 - 11:20 PM, said:

LeBron handled his exit about as gracefully as a dog handles its own surprise farts, but he's shown some growth as a man (aside from the smug pose with the two trophies) and has the talent to be forgiven. You never get mad when the greatest players in your game signs with your team.
My favorite discussion point that I've heard ad nauseum about Bron Bron is the whole "he was a free agent, he can go where he want" take in reference to when he went to Miami.  These fans are invariably bandwagon fans who like the Heat, Cowboys (what's the NFL's new bandwagon team) and the Yankees.  

The fact tha they don't understand how he left is the issue makes me laugh.  He hamstrung the franchise for months waivering about the decision, then decides to have the most pretentious, self rightous display of departure in the modern era of free agency.  

If he has just said he didn't think he could win in Cleveland due to lack of personnel, most wouldn't have faulted him.

#27 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

View Postinkman, on 14 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:


My favorite discussion point that I've heard ad nauseum about Bron Bron is the whole "he was a free agent, he can go where he want" take in reference to when he went to Miami.  These fans are invariably bandwagon fans who like the Heat, Cowboys (what's the NFL's new bandwagon team) and the Yankees.  

The fact tha they don't understand how he left is the issue makes me laugh.  He hamstrung the franchise for months waivering about the decision, then decides to have the most pretentious, self rightous display of departure in the modern era of free agency.  

If he has just said he didn't think he could win in Cleveland due to lack of personnel, most wouldn't have faulted him.

Yes x1000. I'm glad he seemed to have learned his lesson this time around. And this time he would've had a little more leeway if he wanted to do "Decision Part Deux" and didn't. Good for him.

#28 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:15 PM

View Postinkman, on 14 July 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:


My favorite discussion point that I've heard ad nauseum about Bron Bron is the whole "he was a free agent, he can go where he want" take in reference to when he went to Miami.  These fans are invariably bandwagon fans who like the Heat, Cowboys (what's the NFL's new bandwagon team) and the Yankees.  

The fact tha they don't understand how he left is the issue makes me laugh.  He hamstrung the franchise for months waivering about the decision, then decides to have the most pretentious, self rightous display of departure in the modern era of free agency.  

If he has just said he didn't think he could win in Cleveland due to lack of personnel, most wouldn't have faulted him.

He didn't hamstring the Cavs for months. If they didn't know he was leaving they're more inept than I thought they were. The way he left was astonishingly tone deaf, but it was also entirely predictable by anyone other than the worst kind of homer.

#29 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 14 July 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

He didn't hamstring the Cavs for months. If they didn't know he was leaving they're more inept than I thought they were. The way he left was astonishingly tone deaf, but it was also entirely predictable by anyone other than the worst kind of homer.

Cleveland was never out of the discussion. Not until he said it himself live on ESPN at the location of a children's club in one of the richest areas on the East coast in response to a question from a reporter that LeBron selected himself.

#30 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,889 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 14 July 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

Cleveland was never out of the discussion. Not until he said it himself live on ESPN at the location of a children's club in one of the richest areas on the East coast in response to a question from a reporter that LeBron selected himself.

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh had talked as far back as the Olympics about playing together. Miami made the cap space, and was the only team that could realistically afford all three. Cleveland may not technically have been out of it, but they probably had a 5% chance of keeping him. It was over, and it was obvious that it was over.

#31 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 15 July 2014 - 10:09 AM, said:

LeBron, Wade, and Bosh had talked as far back as the Olympics about playing together. Miami made the cap space, and was the only team that could realistically afford all three. Cleveland may not technically have been out of it, but they probably had a 5% chance of keeping him. It was over, and it was obvious that it was over.
The Cavs could have been preemptive and made moves that would ensured he couldn't have returned but then the fanbase will turn on you.  They did what they had to and shifted blame to LeBron.  The NBA is set up to reward failure even more so than the NHL.  The Cavs should have been good prior to LeBron's return but poor drafting has left them in dire need of LeBron's return.

#32 thanes16

thanes16

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,986 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Only comment I have to make about Lebron James. He is not even worth a serious comparison to Jordan.


#33 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

View Postthanes16, on 16 July 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

Only comment I have to make about Lebron James. He is not even worth a serious comparison to Jordan.

He's the better basketball player between the two. Just not the greater.

#34 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,594 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 16 July 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

He's the better basketball player between the two. Just not the greater.
Athletically, no one since Shawn Kemp compares to LeBron. MJ wasn't just the most athletic player of his era but also the most competitive.  LeBron is definitely the most athletic (Blake Griffen a not so close second).  Size, speed, strength are unmatched in one package.  He just seems to come up short in his will to win.

Leaving your hometown team to fabricate an all-star roster to win it all is unbecoming at best and probably something closer to distasteful.  His big game moments are equally negative as they are positive.

#35 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

    #39 - Greatest of All-Time.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,266 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

Congratulations Cleveland! A great American sports town that deserves a major championship. I'm not an NBA fan, I do hope the James brings Cleveland an NBA title.

#36 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

View Postinkman, on 16 July 2014 - 07:13 PM, said:


Athletically, no one since Shawn Kemp compares to LeBron. MJ wasn't just the most athletic player of his era but also the most competitive.  LeBron is definitely the most athletic (Blake Griffen a not so close second).  Size, speed, strength are unmatched in one package.  He just seems to come up short in his will to win.

Leaving your hometown team to fabricate an all-star roster to win it all is unbecoming at best and probably something closer to distasteful.  His big game moments are equally negative as they are positive.

But if he brings a title to Cleveland on a team he leads, all will be forgiven.

No one will ever be Jordan. His compete bordered on, if not passed entirely into, psychopathic.

#37 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostGlass Case Of Emotion, on 16 July 2014 - 07:52 PM, said:

No one will ever be Jordan. His compete bordered on, if not passed entirely into, psychopathic.

It certainly passed into psychopathic. He's one of the biggest ###### in sports history. If he weren't such a star he'd be hated by just about everybody.

#38 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 16 July 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

It certainly passed into psychopathic. He's one of the biggest ###### in sports history. If he weren't such a star he'd be hated by just about everybody.

His Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech was such an unnecessary middle finger to seemingly random people. That was the first time he ever lowered himself in my view of him. Still the greatest of all time, any sport, but I just think slightly less of him now than I did then.

#39 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostGlass Case Of Emotion, on 16 July 2014 - 09:20 PM, said:



His Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech was such an unnecessary middle finger to seemingly random people. That was the first time he ever lowered himself in my view of him. Still the greatest of all time, any sport, but I just think slightly less of him now than I did then.

I think Gretzky is greater. Woods would've been and still may be eventually.

The separation with Gretzky to the next one is incredibly large.

#40 Glass Case Of Emotion

Glass Case Of Emotion

    Woah-Oh! We're half way there...

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,098 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester/Finger Lakes

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 16 July 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:



I think Gretzky is greater. Woods would've been and still may be eventually.

The separation with Gretzky to the next one is incredibly large.

The separation between Greztky and Orr isn't that big, especially factoring in era, IMO. Some would argue, even, that Orr was better.

I would argue that Hasek was better.

The separation between Jordan and the next greatest (and that really is a subjective term in the eye of the beholder) is pretty big. No one scored and won like he did. And with essentially two completely different rosters other than Scotty. Gretzky never replicated his oiler success with a different roster.