Jump to content


OT - Raleigh Restaurants


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

This can just be a quick little thread. I know that some of you live in or are familiar with Raleigh.  I am going to be in the NC State area next and my co-workers and I were looking around for some dinner options that would be near to NC State.  Gotta have a least something veggie (vegetarian co-worker) and hoping for some craft beer.  Got any suggestions please let me know and thanks!

#2 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

Poole's diner is great.  Best mac n cheese you'll ever have.

http://ac-restaurants.com/pooles/

Raleigh brewing doesn't have food, but it's on Hillsborough street near NC state and they have food truck periodically.

http://raleighbrewingcompany.com/

Trophy brewing is a small nanobrewery that serves gourmet pizzas.  I'm sure there are veggie only options.

http://trophybrewing.com/

A little farther from State is Flying Saucer with hundreds of craft beers on tap.

http://www.beerknurd...stores/raleigh/

Brewmasters grill has a good beer selection, but I've never had the food.

http://brewmastersbarandgrill.com/

When I talk to my wife I'll ask for more, she is a walking Triangle restaurant encyclopedia.

#3 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:03 AM

Hey thanks!

#4 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,222 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Make sure rape & babies are on the menu

#5 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:20 AM

View Postinkman, on 11 July 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Make sure rape & babies are on the menu
nom nom nom

#6 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

View Postinkman, on 11 July 2014 - 09:07 AM, said:

Make sure rape & babies are on the menu

I believe baby flesh is offered as a secret pizza topping here:

http://www.buffbrothers.com/

these guys have three locations.  The original one has/had (I haven't been in years) a lot of Buffalo themed stuff on the walls.  The one where they held the Canes draft party near the arena is full on Canes.  I feel creepy going in there.

#7 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

    Makin' it rain

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 11 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 11 July 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I believe baby flesh is offered as a secret pizza topping here:

http://www.buffbrothers.com/

these guys have three locations.  The original one has/had (I haven't been in years) a lot of Buffalo themed stuff on the walls.  The one where they held the Canes draft party near the arena is full on Canes.  I feel creepy going in there.

Posted Image

#8 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

I went to buffalo brothers a few months back, it was alright, they have a jalapeño popper pizza that was quite good and trivia night.... There is the Carolina ale house just outside of raleigh near Wakefield plantation that is very good, that I would recommend, otherwise simply crepes was amazing for breakfast, Creme Brulee oatmeal that was second to none and delicious dishes if you have a chance!

#9 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 13 July 2014 - 08:17 AM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 13 July 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

I went to buffalo brothers a few months back, it was alright, they have a jalapeño popper pizza that was quite good and trivia night.... There is the Carolina ale house just outside of raleigh near Wakefield plantation that is very good, that I would recommend, otherwise simply crepes was amazing for breakfast, Creme Brulee oatmeal that was second to none and delicious dishes if you have a chance!

Pet peeve about the Carolina ale house chain, 75% of their tap selections are in fact macro lagers.

#10 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:32 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 13 July 2014 - 08:17 AM, said:



Pet peeve about the Carolina ale house chain, 75% of their tap selections are in fact macro lagers.
In my defense I've only been there twice and that is because it's within stumbling distance of my sisters house, I look forward to trying new places everytime I visit

Edited by wyldnwoody44, 13 July 2014 - 04:33 PM.


#11 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

#12 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:12 PM

At Trophy brewery having a Belgian ipa and pizza.  Its awesome.

#13 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

Nice. My wife and I were there last month. I didn't try the pizza but they looked awesome.

#14 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,584 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 15 July 2014 - 07:31 PM, said:

Nice. My wife and I were there last month. I didn't try the pizza but they looked awesome.
Yea it was an awesome suggestion.  Thanks!

#15 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

Looks like I'll be heading to raleigh on the 7th of August.... Flying down and staying with family so no car for me.... Guess I should get some more opinions on what to try while down there

#16 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 25 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

Looks like I'll be heading to raleigh on the 7th of August.... Flying down and staying with family so no car for me.... Guess I should get some more opinions on what to try while down there

What part of town will you be in?

#17 RuffMuff

RuffMuff

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:07 PM

42nd St Oyster bar is a good place to eat and drink!

#18 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:14 PM

My sis lives in Wakefield plantation, if there is any chance to meet up that would be dandy

#19 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 26 July 2014 - 06:21 AM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 25 July 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

My sis lives in Wakefield plantation, if there is any chance to meet up that would be dandy

Wakefield is a little outside my frame of reference so I'll get back to you. How long are you staying? 8/8 weekend I think I'm heading to Charlotte for the Bills game.

#20 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 26 July 2014 - 10:22 PM

The 7th thru the 12, they used to live downtown but now with children they needed more space.... I'm not overly familiar with the city, just certain places I've visited

#21 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:51 PM

Raleigh grill has some amazing hot dogs, I will be going back before I leave

#22 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:13 PM

View Postwyldnwoody44, on 08 August 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Raleigh grill has some amazing hot dogs, I will be going back before I leave

Haven't been there, they don't serve those disgusting Bright leaf hot dogs loaded with red dye do they?

#23 wyldnwoody44

wyldnwoody44

    dont pee into the wind

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,869 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Springville, NY

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 08 August 2014 - 02:13 PM, said:



Haven't been there, they don't serve those disgusting Bright leaf hot dogs loaded with red dye do they?
No its a lil hole in the wall, man vs food was there..... Dogs with homemade chili, slaw, onion and mustard..... Guy doesn't allow ketchup in there... It's old school and its pretty popular, I highly recommend stopping in

Maybe hit the Hibernian this weekend