Jump to content


2014-2015 Roster


  • Please log in to reply
992 replies to this topic

#1 Stads

Stads

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

There are obviously going to be changes made to this roster before the start of next season. I have no idea what the free agency plan is or if they might make any draft day trades. I thought I'd try to guess the opening night roster for next season. I know I'm going to be way off, but here goes nothing:

Forwards

Hodgson- Girgensons- Stafford ( Really hope he gets traded and we sign Callahan or some other free agent)

Ennis- Reinhardt or Bennett- Stewart

Foligno- Flynn- Conacher

No clue on 4th line (hopefully doesn't include John Scott)

Defense:

Ehrhoff, Myers, Ristolainen, Pysyk,  Weber, Zadorov


I realize the line combinations will be much different, but I tried to predict which forwards might be on the team.

#2 Numark

Numark

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Hey its never to early to start this thread :)

let's just look at everyone who is a possibility:


LW

Ennis (RFA)
Deslauriers
Conacher (RFA)
Foligno (RFA)
Scott (UFA)

C

Girgensons
Mitchell
Konopka (UFA)
Ellis
Larsson (Prospect)

RW

Hodgson
Stewart
Stafford
Flynn
D'Agostini (UFA)

LD

Ehrhoff
Tallinder (UFA)
Weber
McCabe (prospect)
Sulzer (UFA)
Zadorov (prospect)

RD

Myers
Mcbain (RFA)
Pysyk (prospect)
Ristolainen (prospect)
Ruhwedel (RFA - prospect)

G

Neuvirth
Enroth



My guess (no free agents or draft picks included, only with what we have)

Ennis - Girgensons - Hodgson
Foligno - Larsson - Stewart
Conacher - Mitchell - Stafford
Deslauriers - Konopka - Flynn

Ehrhoff - Myers
Tallinder - Pysyk
Weber - Mcbain

Neuvrith
Enroth

#3 PP Slapper

PP Slapper

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

We definitely need a guy who has a hard Slapper on the PP

#4 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,775 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

Seeing how deep these playoff teams are and looking at what we have...it don't look good for next year!

#5 ubkev

ubkev

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsyltucky via Upstate NY

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:54 PM

Holy ###### this team sucks.

#6 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,977 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostPP Slapper, on 26 April 2014 - 04:32 PM, said:

We definitely need a guy who has a hard Slapper on the PP

Awesome first post.

#7 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,428 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:21 PM

View PostNumark, on 26 April 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:



My guess (no free agents or draft picks included, only with what we have)

Ennis - Girgensons - Hodgson
Foligno - Larsson - Stewart
Conacher - Mitchell - Stafford
Deslauriers - Konopka - Flynn

Ehrhoff - Myers
Tallinder - Pysyk
Weber - Mcbain

Neuvrith
Enroth

If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

#8 Numark

Numark

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:51 PM

View Postwjag, on 26 April 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

haha he couldn't.  I doubt thats what the team looks like next year, but i think that is the best top 12 forwards and top six defensemen from the 2013-2014 crew lol.

#9 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western NY

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

tl;dr version:  "my roster is the same as last year + the person we draft at #2." got it.

#10 mjd1001

mjd1001

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

I don't know why, but i'm not excited about Stewart.  I wouldn't be upset to see him gone.

I don't want anything to do with Callahan.  Don't need a high priced guy without much (if any) upside left. Whatever contract he likely signs, it will not be worth it at the end of the deal. Overpay someone now, make sure you aren't taking a big cap hit on an older play just about the time you want the Sabres to be good.

Erhoff I wouldn't mind seeing gone, if the deal is right.

I'm actually OK with John Scott on this team next year.  I'm not a hockey scout, but when I saw him play, he wasn't 100% terribly awful to the point of utter futility.  If this team is going to lose agian next year to get a higher pick, then have him around, he can play F or D so in case of a rash of injuries that 'versitility' may prevent you from having to call up too many players from Rochester that you don't wan to call up.

#11 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western NY

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

View Postmjd1001, on 26 April 2014 - 07:56 PM, said:

he wasn't 100% terribly awful to the point of utter futility.

yes, yes he was. and furthermore, though entirely unfair to Scott, he is a detriment to the team just by being the ice. he is called for penalties for literally doing nothing, kicked out of games for jawing at people, and the ONE time he does deliver a questionable hit, he is nailed with a ludicrous suspension for a first time offender. the NHL is prejudice against John Scott, he will never be given the benefit of the doubt -- in fact quite the opposite. i want no part of him moving forward. by all accounts he is a good locker room guy, but it's really just not worth having him on the team if every time he steps on the ice he is going to be unjustly called for a penalty.

the team will be bad next year and it does make sense to keep Scott around for the reasons you mentioned, but i think it would be better for the long term future of the team to call up young players from rochester when injuries occur rather than fill the hole with some 4th line plug. Armia, zadorov, deslauriers, larsson, mccabe have had little to no NHL ice time, and most (if not all) of them will be starting the season in Rochester. If the plan is to start really competing in the 2015-16 season, we're going to want these guys to have at least a little experience in the NHL heading in. Getting these guys a taste of the NHL level is probably more beneficial than putting John Scott in the lineup to "intimidate" or whatever. But hey, if they want to re-sign him for another year, i won't be super upset -- as long as he's gone before the 2015 season.

#12 Numark

Numark

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:33 PM

View Postthesportsbuff, on 26 April 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

tl;dr version:  "my roster is the same as last year + the person we draft at #2." got it.

I'm hoping the roster looks pretty different as the summer goes on

Edited by Numark, 26 April 2014 - 08:34 PM.


#13 Tondas

Tondas

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostStads, on 26 April 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

There are obviously going to be changes made to this roster before the start of next season. I have no idea what the free agency plan is or if they might make any draft day trades. I thought I'd try to guess the opening night roster for next season. I know I'm going to be way off, but here goes nothing:

Forwards

Hodgson- Girgensons- Stafford ( Really hope he gets traded and we sign Callahan or some other free agent)

Ennis- Reinhardt or Bennett- Stewart

Foligno- Flynn- Conacher

No clue on 4th line (hopefully doesn't include John Scott)

Defense:

Ehrhoff, Myers, Ristolainen, Pysyk,  Weber, Zadorov


I realize the line combinations will be much different, but I tried to predict which forwards might be on the team.

Not sure this lineup gets us to the cap floor.

#14 Stads

Stads

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

View PostTondas, on 26 April 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Not sure this lineup gets us to the cap floor.

Oh man then I guess we should keep Leino.

#15 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,421 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:39 PM

View Postbob_sauve28, on 26 April 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

Seeing how deep these playoff teams are and looking at what we have...it don't look good for next year!

Solid investigative work haha

View Postwjag, on 26 April 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:



If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

GMTM has balls and doesn't give a ######.

View Postwjag, on 26 April 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:



If this is the team, how could Timmay look a camera in the lens and say he didn't plan to tank the season away?

GMTM has balls and doesn't give a ######.

#16 Bills12Sabres11

Bills12Sabres11

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay Area

Posted 27 April 2014 - 01:18 AM

Not sure how active TM will be on the trade and FA market yet but I thought I'd take a crack at what next years roster could look like just for fun so here goes...

Ennis-Stastny-Stafford
Hodgsons-Girgenson-Stewart
Deslariers-Larssons-Foligno
Mitchell-Ott-Flynn
xScott
Ehrhoff-Pysyk
Tallinder-Myers
Weber-Ristolainen
xRuwhedel
Neuvirth
Enroth

I threw in a couple FA signings to help in getting to the cap floor, no idea if TM will target them or if Stastny would be willing to sign with Buffalo, could be a year or two early for any real interest in coming here but this would make for an interesting lineup.


#17 TheCerebral1

TheCerebral1

    Middle of Non-Existent

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

View PostStads, on 26 April 2014 - 08:44 PM, said:

Oh man then I guess we should keep Leino.

There is nothing on this green earth that should allow us to keep Leino beyond this season.  Beyond terrible.

#18 Icehole

Icehole

    When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:45 AM

On offense

Hodgson- Girgensons- Ennis  I think Ennis and Hogson have a better chemistry
Mitchell - Reinhardt- Stafford (I too hope is is gone, insert a FA equivalent or better even Callahan to help with Cap floor.
D'Agostini- Ott- Flynn
Deslauriers- Larssons- Foligno  (Mitchell looks lazy, send him to Rochester and bring him up if needed.)
X-Konopka and Scott

Can't see Sabres keeping Conacher, didn't show enough at the end.  Any thoughts on Baptiste making it up to the big club if he has a run like he had in last year's preseason?

On D

Ehrhoff-Ristolainen
Pysyk-Myers
Weber-McCabe

x-Tallinder,  Also try out big Z for as many games as he has left before sending him back down.

This team still won't be able to score, but can't see them going out to lunch either.

If you thought about replacing Erhoff, Zidlicky on the Devils had 30 Assists and is a FA.  Trade Erhoff for a young gun and Draft pick in 2015 and sign Zidlicky.  There are only two other D with more points and goals and I can't see Niskanen or Markov being able to walk from their respective teams.

Edited by Icehole, 27 April 2014 - 07:46 AM.


#19 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:27 AM

He's not even a Sabre yet and I'm already tired of seeing Reinhart spelled as Reinhardt.

#20 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,336 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 27 April 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

He's not even a Sabre yet and I'm already tired of seeing Reinhart spelled as Reinhardt.

Rhinostien

#21 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:08 AM

View Postubkev, on 26 April 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

Holy ###### this team sucks.
lol well put sir, well put!


View PostIcehole, on 27 April 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

On offense Hodgson- Girgensons- Ennis I think Ennis and Hogson have a better chemistry Mitchell - Reinhardt- Stafford (I too hope is is gone, insert a FA equivalent or better even Callahan to help with Cap floor. D'Agostini- Ott- Flynn Deslauriers- Larssons- Foligno (Mitchell looks lazy, send him to Rochester and bring him up if needed.) X-Konopka and Scott Can't see Sabres keeping Conacher, didn't show enough at the end. Any thoughts on Baptiste making it up to the big club if he has a run like he had in last year's preseason? On D Ehrhoff-Ristolainen Pysyk-Myers Weber-McCabe x-Tallinder, Also try out big Z for as many games as he has left before sending him back down. This team still won't be able to score, but can't see them going out to lunch either. If you thought about replacing Erhoff, Zidlicky on the Devils had 30 Assists and is a FA. Trade Erhoff for a young gun and Draft pick in 2015 and sign Zidlicky. There are only two other D with more points and goals and I can't see Niskanen or Markov being able to walk from their respective teams.

Baptiste will maybe see 2 games or something like that at the very beginning of the season but that is highly doubtful. Most likely Scenario for him is that he plays another full year of Juniors and maybe sees the AHL after his Junior season ends.  Remember Baptiste is young for his draft class and won't even be 19 until August.  Another year in the OHL will be good for him.

#22 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,691 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Why are people adding "s" to all the players names?  Do you have a lisp?

#23 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:33 AM

Why do people want Conacher back, other than he is a Canisius product?  And, why do people want D'Agostini back?  These guys are dime-a-dozen players.

#24 TheCerebral1

TheCerebral1

    Middle of Non-Existent

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

View PostPotato, on 27 April 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Why do people want Conacher back, other than he is a Canisius product?  And, why do people want D'Agostini back?  These guys are dime-a-dozen players.

I agree, he didn't do much with the playing time that he was given.  Not that it was a lot.  But really, he's a completely replacable option (Conacher).  D'Agostini was a fine piece IMO, but I don't care either way.

#25 Numark

Numark

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:39 AM

View Postinkman, on 27 April 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Why are people adding "s" to all the players names?  Do you have a lisp?

Iv only seen it done to Larsson?

#26 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,691 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostNumark, on 27 April 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Iv only seen it done to Larsson?
And Hodgsons

#27 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostPotato, on 27 April 2014 - 10:33 AM, said:

Why do people want Conacher back, other than he is a Canisius product?  And, why do people want D'Agostini back?  These guys are dime-a-dozen players.

They're dime-a-dozen players who would just be replaced by others of the same ilk, so may as well keep the ones we have. Really makes no difference.

#28 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 27 April 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

They're dime-a-dozen players who would just be replaced by others of the same ilk, so may as well keep the ones we have. Really makes no difference.

Murray could sign free agents in their stead who would be an instant upgrade (e.g., the Callahan or Ott ideas aren't terrible) or could hand those spots to youngsters who have growth potential (e.g., Deslauriers, Larsson, etc.).  Can bring back Kaleta for one of the 4th line wing spots next year too.

Edit: He is new to the team, but I'll throw Torrey Mitchell in the "dime a dozen" category too.  I like his speed though.

Edited by Potato, 27 April 2014 - 11:28 AM.


#29 Bills12Sabres11

Bills12Sabres11

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 432 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:SF Bay Area

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:45 AM

View Postinkman, on 27 April 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:


And Hodgsons
oops

#30 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,579 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

List of pending UFAs...

http://www.capgeek.com/ufa-finder/

#31 Stads

Stads

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:19 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 27 April 2014 - 09:27 AM, said:

He's not even a Sabre yet and I'm already tired of seeing Reinhart spelled as Reinhardt.
                                                                                                                                    Mea culpa

#32 Icehole

Icehole

    When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,622 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostStads, on 27 April 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

Mea culpa

And that is what I get for cutting and pasting... :doh:

#33 ubkev

ubkev

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsyltucky via Upstate NY

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:31 PM

View Postinkman, on 27 April 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Why are people adding "s" to all the players names?  Do you have a lisp?

They're all Latvian.

#34 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,988 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:22 AM

So how do people feel about Zadorov?  Should he be a Sabre next season?

#35 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    McDavid is to McDieFor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,421 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 28 April 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

So how do people feel about Zadorov?  Should he be a Sabre next season?

I know most say yes, but I would rather not rush him. Wish he could be in Rochester.

Edited by Tankalicious, 28 April 2014 - 08:24 AM.


#36 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,691 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

View Postubkev, on 27 April 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

They're all Latvian.
Well played sir

#37 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

    The 'd' is silent

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Horseheads

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 28 April 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

So how do people feel about Zadorov?  Should he be a Sabre next season?
Insert D4rk's picture of the Zadorov truck.

#38 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,159 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:41 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 28 April 2014 - 03:43 PM, said:


Insert D4rk's picture of the Zadorov truck.
Best Photoshop of the season.

#39 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:03 PM

Ehrhoff: If Sabres ‘want to move me, they can move me’

#40 bcardona

bcardona

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Location:Fairport, NY

Posted 30 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Is Kaleta definitely done here?  And please no Scott.