Jump to content


John Tavares


  • Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 thewookie1

thewookie1

    Fourth Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

What do you guys think he thinking about in regards to the chaos on his team?

#2 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:45 AM

I think the Sabres should trade for him.  What do you think it will take?

#3 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM

He's not getting traded and this thread isn't needed. There's plenty of places to talk about the Islanders.

#4 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 14 March 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I think the Sabres should trade for him.  What do you think it will take?

Konopka straight up.

#5 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

He's not getting traded and this thread isn't needed. There's plenty of places to talk about the Islanders.

It went right over your head man....

#6 MattPie

MattPie

    Bikes beat tanks

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,680 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Strafing some corners

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:47 AM

Ennis, Stafford, and a 3rd round pick.

(No, I'm not serious)

#7 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

I think the Bandits are looking just fine this year.

#8 dEnnis the Menace

dEnnis the Menace

    D63

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,062 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Central NY (Fingerlakes)

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:07 AM

View Postd4rksabre, on 14 March 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

I think the Bandits are looking just fine this year.

View PostClaude_Verret, on 14 March 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

It went right over your head man....

:lol: :lol:

#9 thewookie1

thewookie1

    Fourth Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:14 AM

View Postd4rksabre, on 14 March 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

I think the Bandits are looking just fine this year.

Lol good one.


View PostTankalicious, on 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

He's not getting traded and this thread isn't needed. There's plenty of places to talk about the Islanders.


If he demands to leave they will.


View PostClaude_Verret, on 14 March 2014 - 10:45 AM, said:

I think the Sabres should trade for him.  What do you think it will take?

My idea would be

Ennis, the 2014 1st rounder we have, we return their pick, Ruhwedal, and Armia.

I would deny them any of our big Defence prospects and Girgs. I'd offer them Grigs in place of Armia, Ennis or a 1st. Since this scenario has Tavares wanting out, this assists us by forcing the price down some. Plus with Garth Snow, if we give him shiny things he may become dazed.

If St. Louis can fetch a 1, Callahan, and a conditional 2nd I would assume Tavares would at very least require 2 high 1sts a roster player or two, and a couple prospects.

#10 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:22 AM

And here we've been gnashing our teeth over tanking whole seasons for elite talent, when all along we can simply just trade for our young, elite top line center.

#11 LaLaLaFontaine

LaLaLaFontaine

    Fourth Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 690 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Germany

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

We did that in the past with Pat Lafontaine.
It is not probable of course, but when even Gretzky can get traded, everybody can

#12 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,876 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Holly Springs, NC via Hamburg, NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostLaLaLaFontaine, on 14 March 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

We did that in the past with Pat Lafontaine.
It is not probable of course, but when even Gretzky can get traded, everybody can

Indeed we did, because we had a player like Turgeon to give in return.  Anything can happen, but the Sabres don't have the assets to even get into the conversation in the rare event that a player such as Tavares becomes available.

#13 millbank

millbank

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 956 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:59 AM

Tavares being a young face of franchise player, of character, by all reports, teams would need offer in return similar sort of player or shot at getting one via high draft pick.  The Sabre would need offer not one first round pick but multiple ones and likely at least one good young roster player.  Leafs back in the day traded with Bruins getting Kessel for drafts picks 1, 2 one year 1 the next.  With Connor McDavid on the horizon think supporters would burn down Sabre offices at such a trade.  (regarding Kessel trade , at first blush Boston reaped immediate gains, it appeared they had fleeced the Leafs, these days Kessel has emerged as a top player worthy of first round picks arguably.  The easy argument is with Tavares you have a known player playing well projected to get better, Sabres a handful of high picks, phenom in the mix, risk and reward, risk and get kicked in  the behind.

#14 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,008 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:13 PM

Rumours out of Buffalo have Sabres interested in Tavares. (No offense, Canadians.)

#15 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 14 March 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Rumours out of Buffalo have Sabres interested in Tavares. (No offense, Canadians.)

Why should I / we be offended?

After all, you spelled it right.

#16 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 14 March 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Rumours out of Buffalo have Sabres interested in Tavares. (No offense, Canadians.)

Technically though, I'm pretty sure 29 teams are interested in Tavares.

#17 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

I count nine.  Buffalo, Minnesota, Philadelphia, Toronto, Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton, Vancouver, Rochester.

#18 Schoney Donut

Schoney Donut

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:07 PM

I don't post often, but read the forum alot and this needs its own thread.  Because ............this is a possibility.

Tavares will NOT be in any mood to return to the Isle/Brooklyn next year.  The perpetual losing, the Vanek fiasco, Garth rmeaining etc.....
The Isles will be looking for a rebuild, rather to continue rebuilding and they want their 1st Rd pick back.
Moulson supposedly liked it in Buffalo, he is not going to re-sign with the Isles.  Minnny is still a question mark.  But if he wants to get back together with Tavares and Tavares wants to get the %$#& out of NY, then they will be looking for a place with both cap space and the assets to move to get their hands on Johnny T.  I hear there's a city in WNY with hockey team like that.
The real question isn't if Buffalo would be in running, we definitely would be, the question is what does Tavares cost.....
I don't know what his contract says about trades, but getting him would cost us at least (2) 2015 1st Rd Picks or (2) 2014 1st Rd Picks and a prospect.  There's the problem......  Is a a sure bet like Tavares worth the risk of losing out on McDavid?
Remember, for us to have a real shot at Mcdavid, we need to avoid a potential expansion draft in 2015, and get the actual 1st overall pick (which we only have a 25% chance of getting if we are last NEXT year as well).
My ansmwer is that it lies in the belief that if we get Taveres, we have enough pieces right now to build that winner?  If we do get Bennett or Reinhart and then get Tavares for our (2) 2015 1st Rd picks, maybe it is.

#19 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

The Islanders looking to rebuild are going to trade their 23 year old cornerstone? :wallbash:

#20 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 02:43 PM

View Postshrader, on 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

The Islanders looking to rebuild are going to trade their 23 year old cornerstone? :wallbash:

While I agree it doesn't make sense from a logical perspective, if Tavares really *is* sick - and I'm not saying he is as I haven't a clue - of life on Long Island, they might not have a choice but to trade him somewhere down the line.

#21 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,205 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western NY

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:07 PM

View PostSchoney Donut, on 14 March 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

I don't post often, but read the forum alot and this needs its own thread.  Because ............this is a possibility.


oh jeez just stop. i don't think you guys understand what you're saying here. the kid is 23, he's half a notch below the Crosby's and Ovechkin's of the NHL. he is not going ANYWHERE.

i've considered the possibility, sure, that Tavares wants out of NYI. especially after the way they botched the Vanek situation -- who wouldn't want out? The organization is an embarrassment. Some would even say they 'owe' it to him to move him after failing to ice a competitive team around him. But they don't have to trade him, and won't trade him for anything less than a monster return.

it's hard to even put a value on a guy like Tavares, elite players just don't get traded at 23 years old.

let's revisit this discussion at the 2016-17 trade deadline or that off-season, when JT will have 1 year left on his contract and the Islanders will have a better idea if JT wants to be there / if they are a competitive team by then.

#22 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,100 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:34 PM

View Postshrader, on 14 March 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

The Islanders looking to rebuild are going to trade their 23 year old cornerstone? :wallbash:

Actually, they should.

#23 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Why, oh why, if Tavares is sick of losing would he want to join the Sabres ..........

:ph34r:

#24 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 14 March 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why, oh why, if Tavares is sick of losing would he want to join the Sabres ..........

:ph34r:

Logic overload.

#25 thewookie1

thewookie1

    Fourth Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:51 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 14 March 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Why, oh why, if Tavares is sick of losing would he want to join the Sabres ..........

:ph34r:

View PostTankalicious, on 14 March 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:



Logic overload.


Well his uncle has been here forever so he could vouch for the city, as for the Sabres....... we are the opposite of the Islanders front office wise. Other than that we'd have to hope he'd like our prospect pool more than the Islanders.





#26 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:53 PM

View Postthewookie1, on 14 March 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Well his uncle has been here forever so he could vouch for the city, as for the Sabres....... we are the opposite of the Islanders front office wise. Other than that we'd have to hope he'd like our prospect pool more than the Islanders.

Where's the proof of this? I love the people will have in place, but we don't know this in any way. It's still early for Murray.

#27 Schoney Donut

Schoney Donut

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

"oh jeez just stop!"
You're right.  Let's just top all of this forum stuff  Hold it.  Maybe, just maybe this forum stuff is about discussing interesting situations and scenarios.  So in that same lame vein let me just recommend getting a hockey history book and reading it.  When you get to the following trades, pull out a highlighter and note them:

A guy named Lafontaine who refused to report to the (what team’s camp, drumroll…..) New York Islanders.  Another guy named Gretzky, then another trade involving another cornerstone named Messier, some guy named Lindsay and this guy named Gilmour (TWICE).  So yea, let’s just stop discussing this.  Cause big names never get traded.  (Just to make sure it’s understood, there was a drop of sarcasm in this post.)

#28 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,244 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:08 AM

View PostSchoney Donut, on 15 March 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

"oh jeez just stop!"
You're right.  Let's just top all of this forum stuff  Hold it.  Maybe, just maybe this forum stuff is about discussing interesting situations and scenarios.  So in that same lame vein let me just recommend getting a hockey history book and reading it.  When you get to the following trades, pull out a highlighter and note them:

A guy named Lafontaine who refused to report to the (what team’s camp, drumroll…..) New York Islanders.  Another guy named Gretzky, then another trade involving another cornerstone named Messier, some guy named Lindsay and this guy named Gilmour (TWICE).  So yea, let’s just stop discussing this.  Cause big names never get traded.  (Just to make sure it’s understood, there was a drop of sarcasm in this post.)

Nobody said big names don't get traded. People are just listing the many reasons this particular one either won't get traded or just won't get traded to Buffalo. If he pushes his way out of NY... it won't be to Buffalo.

#29 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,046 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

View PostSchoney Donut, on 15 March 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

"oh jeez just stop!"
You're right.  Let's just top all of this forum stuff  Hold it.  Maybe, just maybe this forum stuff is about discussing interesting situations and scenarios.  So in that same lame vein let me just recommend getting a hockey history book and reading it.  When you get to the following trades, pull out a highlighter and note them:

A guy named Lafontaine who refused to report to the (what team’s camp, drumroll…..) New York Islanders.  Another guy named Gretzky, then another trade involving another cornerstone named Messier, some guy named Lindsay and this guy named Gilmour (TWICE).  So yea, let’s just stop discussing this.  Cause big names never get traded.  (Just to make sure it’s understood, there was a drop of sarcasm in this post.)
Tavares for Stafford & a pick (e5)

#30 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,635 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:02 AM

View Postthewookie1, on 14 March 2014 - 04:51 PM, said:

Well his uncle has been here forever so he could vouch for the city, as for the Sabres....... we are the opposite of the Islanders front office wise. Other than that we'd have to hope he'd like our prospect pool more than the Islanders.

So far, there is absolutely no evidence to support that claim - For all we know, the current front office could easily be as inept as the Isles FO.

I doubt it, but technically, they really haven't proven a thing yet.

Edited by Kristian, 15 March 2014 - 07:24 AM.


#31 Icehole

Icehole

    Goon Squad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:24 AM

This is a heckuv a rumor to start and I like the idea.  Not sure what Tavares would think, but there is a family connection here and he is from Mississauga, Ont, close by so that might be an attraction.  But I wouldn't give up the kitchen sink for him.  Stafford and a 1st for him would be fine, that being said, I am not sure Snow would go for as he has been totally bashed on the previous trade down here.  He would probably want more, I suppose the Sabres could give him Stewart.

I do think this thread should keep the whole idea out there because "you never know."

#32 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,046 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:54 AM

View PostIcehole, on 15 March 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

This is a heckuv a rumor to start and I like the idea.  Not sure what Tavares would think, but there is a family connection here and he is from Mississauga, Ont, close by so that might be an attraction.  But I wouldn't give up the kitchen sink for him.  Stafford and a 1st for him would be fine, that being said, I am not sure Snow would go for as he has been totally bashed on the previous trade down here.  He would probably want more, I suppose the Sabres could give him Stewart.

I do think this thread should keep the whole idea out there because "you never know."
It's a completely baseless thought, not even a "rumor".  Just because fanbois sit around their keyboards making stuff up does not qualify it as a rumor.  

How many time has the whole, "he's from a place an hour or two away from where they play" ever mattered?  

I was being completely facetious in my Stafford plus a pick trade idea.  Throwing in Stewart won't cut it either.  In order to get Tavares, the Sabres would have to do better than 2 expiring contracts and a 1st round pick in a mediocre draft.  I'm thinking a 1st next year, Myers, Zadorov, Girgensons, Armia.  Still want to do it?

#33 Icehole

Icehole

    Goon Squad

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,609 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:28 AM

View Postinkman, on 15 March 2014 - 06:54 AM, said:

It's a completely baseless thought, not even a "rumor".  Just because fanbois sit around their keyboards making stuff up does not qualify it as a rumor.  

How many time has the whole, "he's from a place an hour or two away from where they play" ever mattered?  

I was being completely facetious in my Stafford plus a pick trade idea.  Throwing in Stewart won't cut it either.  In order to get Tavares, the Sabres would have to do better than 2 expiring contracts and a 1st round pick in a mediocre draft.  I'm thinking a 1st next year, Myers, Zadorov, Girgensons, Armia.  Still want to do it?

Understood from the get go that this was fictitious and factitious and, no, trading what it would take,  the kitchen sink for him, when the Sabres likely will get the first this year and a top 5 this year or next from the Isle and possibly the first next year if Tank Nation happens, I wouldn't consider and the above is pretty close to the kitchen sink.

That being said in a year as dismally interesting as this one has been, any positive fantasy is nice to dream about, especially getting rid of Stafford.  That would make my day.

#34 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,441 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:52 AM

View PostKristian, on 15 March 2014 - 06:02 AM, said:

So far, there is absolutely no evidence to support that claim - For all we know, the current front office could easily be as inept as the Isles FO.

I doubt it, but technically, they really haven't proven a thing yet.

Hey now! Murray may prove to be as inept as Snow, but nothing about that "accomplishment" will be easy! :P ;)

#35 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostSchoney Donut, on 15 March 2014 - 12:05 AM, said:

"oh jeez just stop!"
You're right.  Let's just top all of this forum stuff  Hold it.  Maybe, just maybe this forum stuff is about discussing interesting situations and scenarios.  So in that same lame vein let me just recommend getting a hockey history book and reading it.  When you get to the following trades, pull out a highlighter and note them:

A guy named Lafontaine who refused to report to the (what team’s camp, drumroll…..) New York Islanders.  Another guy named Gretzky, then another trade involving another cornerstone named Messier, some guy named Lindsay and this guy named Gilmour (TWICE).  So yea, let’s just stop discussing this.  Cause big names never get traded.  (Just to make sure it’s understood, there was a drop of sarcasm in this post.)

Just about everything on your list was about money. That's can't be an immediate worry for Tavares. The system has changed heavily since those days which is the other thing about your examples, they're all somewhere in the neighborhood of 20+ years ago. Outside of guys about to hit free agency, these type of players are very rarely moved anymore.

#36 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,779 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

It's an interesting question, at least. Sort of in the "What would it take to abandon the Tank" thread way. If we could give back the first and maybe another to get JT, would he be worth it, missing out on a 25% chance on getting McDavid? I kinda think that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

But are we even ready to start trying to win next year with the talent that we have already (including our 1st rd pick this year)?

The thought of losing for another yearn then not getting McDavid makes me cringe.

#37 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:15 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 14 March 2014 - 10:46 AM, said:

He's not getting traded and this thread isn't needed. There's plenty of places to talk about the Islanders.
Why does this thread bother you so much? I do not understand your complaint?

#38 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

I'm pretty much with you on this one SwampD.

I'd take proven talent (elite talent, at that) over possibilities every time.

While a trade for JT is unlikely, similar trades have happened involving the Sabres before ...  #10 for #6 and #77 for #16.

Right now, though, the current Sabres have nothing similar to those assets to offer the Islanders.

#39 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,081 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

View PostSabres Fan In NS, on 15 March 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

I'm pretty much with you on this one SwampD.

I'd take proven talent (elite talent, at that) over possibilities every time.

While a trade for JT is unlikely, similar trades have happened involving the Sabres before ...  #10 for #6 and #77 for #16.

Right now, though, the current Sabres have nothing similar to those assets to offer the Islanders.

Not only do we not have the assets but also those trades were 23 and 24 years ago. The playing field is completely different now. Those trades don't happen anymore when you have to worry about balancing out money.

#40 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:43 PM

View Postshrader, on 15 March 2014 - 12:17 PM, said:

Not only do we not have the assets but also those trades were 23 and 24 years ago. The playing field is completely different now. Those trades don't happen anymore when you have to worry about balancing out money.

Good point.