Jump to content


Sabres call up Adam and Deslauriers


  • Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:24 AM

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled forwards @LukeJAdam and Nicolas Deslauriers from @AmerksHockey.


I doubt Deslauriers even plays, but it'd be nice to see him get a shot.

#2 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,227 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I dunno, who do you sit for Destro? Scott on D? Someone on the wing?

#3 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

    That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,451 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Bobcaygeon, Ontario

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:26 AM

I've lost track of why these guys would be getting a call.

Who's injured?

Zemgus and Stewart?

#4 Touched by Boyes

Touched by Boyes

    Expert Lurker

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:27 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 07 March 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled forwards @LukeJAdam and Nicolas Deslauriers from @AmerksHockey.


I doubt Deslauriers even plays, but it'd be nice to see him get a shot.
Oooooo a shiny new toy! It will be nice to be able to watch a player with a potential to be on the team in the future instead of the random FA scabs.

Oh and Luke Adam... :death:

#5 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:30 AM

I'd be quite interested to watch a game including Luker, Deslauriers and Conacher in place of Ellis, Scott and Kenopka.

View PostThat Aud Smell, on 07 March 2014 - 11:26 AM, said:

I've lost track of why these guys would be getting a call.

Who's injured?

Zemgus and Stewart?

Yes -- unfortunately both of them are hurt.

#6 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

03/07 – SABRES RECALL ADAM, DESLAURIERS

Quote

BUFFALO, N.Y. (March 7, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced the team has recalled forwards Luke Adam and Nicolas Deslauriers from the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL). The forwards have been recalled on an emergency basis due to injuries.

Adam (6/18/90, 6’2″, 206 lbs) joins the Sabres for the second time this season after being called up on Nov. 20 for a nine-game stint in which he recorded one goal. Currently the Amerks’ second-highest scorer, Adam has notched 42 points (24+18) in 42 AHL games in 2013-14. In four seasons with the Sabres organization, Adam has appeared in 84 NHL games and recorded 26 points (15+11). The St. John’s, Newfoundland native was drafted by Buffalo in the second round (44th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft and signed a one-year contract with the Sabres in July 2013.

Deslauriers (6’1”, 230 lbs., 2/22/91) was acquired by the Sabres on March 5 as part of a trade with the Los Angeles Kings and is being called up to the NHL for the first time in his career. He has led the Manchester Monarchs, the AHL affiliate of the Kings, in goals (18) and shots (217) this season, totaling 39 points (18+21) through 60 games in his first professional season as a forward.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 07 March 2014 - 11:51 AM.


#7 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 07 March 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'd be quite interested to watch a game including Luker, Deslauriers and Conacher in place of Ellis, Scott and Kenopka.

Me too, but since they were emergency recalls who have to be returned once the injured players return then I doubt they both play. Maybe Adam.

#8 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

Nicolas Deslauriers, #44: http://sabres.nhl.co....htm?id=8475235

Either Girgensons or Stewart is headed to IR.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 07 March 2014 - 11:53 AM.


#9 bob_sauve28

bob_sauve28

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,635 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:46 AM

Luke! Will you become an NHL star finally??

#10 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,433 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

Who?

#11 pastajoe

pastajoe

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 07 March 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

I'd be quite interested to watch a game including Luker, Deslauriers and Conacher in place of Ellis, Scott and Kenopka.

Since two players are injured, they'll all play and they just need to sit Scott who played forward yesterday, and Kenopka already was a scratch.  Although if it was me I'd sit Leino.

Edited by pastajoe, 07 March 2014 - 11:52 AM.


#12 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:51 AM

View Postpastajoe, on 07 March 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:



Since two players are injured, they'll all play and they just need to sit Scott who played forward yesterday.  Although if it was me I'd sit Leino.

Conacher and Zenon will play in place of the injured players probably.

#13 sizzlemeister

sizzlemeister

    Dreamer of Dreams

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,615 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:In your neighborhood.

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:58 AM

Of the two, I'd rather they start Deslauriers if they're going to start either.  Adam is pretty much dead to me.  I tear my collar.

#14 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostTouched by Boyes, on 07 March 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

Oooooo a shiny new toy! It will be nice to be able to watch a player with a potential to be on the team in the future instead of the random FA scabs.

Oh and Luke Adam... :death:
Deslauriers is only one year younger than Adam and still hasn't played in the NHL.

#15 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:03 PM

View PostRobviously, on 07 March 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

Deslauriers is only one year younger than Adam and still hasn't played in the NHL.

Position change from D to LW should be factored into that.

#16 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,130 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:08 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 07 March 2014 - 11:24 AM, said:

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres

NEWS: The #Sabres have recalled forwards @LukeJAdam and Nicolas Deslauriers from @AmerksHockey.


I doubt Deslauriers even plays, but it'd be nice to see him get a shot.
...and I'm going to the Amerks tonight.

#17 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:15 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 07 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Nicolas Deslauriers, #44: http://sabres.nhl.co....htm?id=8475235

Either Girgensons or Stewart is headed to IR.

Why is the IR move necessary?  Are the Sabres over the limit?

#18 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 07 March 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Why is the IR move necessary?  Are the Sabres over the limit?

They were already at 22, so I believe these two would put them over. Not sure if the emergency basis recalls make any difference WRT the 23 man active roster limit.

#19 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 07 March 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Position change from D to LW should be factored into that.
That cuts both ways. They wouldn't have changed his position if he was tearing it up as a defenseman.

#20 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, UK

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 07 March 2014 - 12:19 PM, said:

They were already at 22, so I believe these two would put them over. Not sure if the emergency basis recalls make any difference WRT the 23 man active roster limit.

Emergency don't count. I thought?

#21 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

View PostRobviously, on 07 March 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

That cuts both ways. They wouldn't have changed his position if he was tearing it up as a defenseman.

I agree.

@pham1717

Quote

According to Conacher's brother he's having travel troubles in Buffalo. Mitchell was limping badly in the room after the game so that might be why Adam and DesLauliers got the emergency recall. We already know Girgensons and Stewart are out.


#22 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 07 March 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

Me too, but since they were emergency recalls who have to be returned once the injured players return then I doubt they both play. Maybe Adam.

Well, they don't HAVE to be returned.  They could choose to keep one of them up and burn a recall.  That's more than likely not happening though unless something crazy happens.

#23 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

@BNHarrington
Deslauriers said he's definitely in tonight. Got the call last night in Roch after 11 pm. #Sabres

#24 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Excited to see Deslauriers step right into McNabb's number haha

Excited to see Deslauriers step right into McNabb's number haha

#25 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,359 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 07 March 2014 - 06:59 PM

Luke.  I am your father.   :wacko:

#26 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 07 March 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

Excited to see Deslauriers step right into McNabb's number haha

Excited to see Deslauriers step right into McNabb's number haha

I cannot believe they gave out Sekera's Number so soon.... :w00t:

#27 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

@BuffaloSabres
NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned Luke Adam to @AmerksHockey. (@SabresPR)

#28 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

Any news on Zemgus or Stewart?

#29 Jeanbe

Jeanbe

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Phoenix AZ

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 08 March 2014 - 12:23 PM, said:

@BuffaloSabres
NEWS: The #Sabres have assigned Luke Adam to @AmerksHockey. (@SabresPR)

That pretty much sums up that Luke is a career AHLer or a throw in on draft day.

#30 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:36 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 08 March 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Any news on Zemgus or Stewart?

On Stewart - Might be out for the season.
Zemgus - Day-to-day

View PostJeanbe, on 08 March 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

That pretty much sums up that Luke is a career AHLer or a throw in on draft day.

His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.

#31 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,227 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 08 March 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

On Stewart - Might be out for the season.
Zemgus - Day-to-day



His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.

Thank the baby jesus.

#32 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 08 March 2014 - 12:42 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 08 March 2014 - 12:40 PM, said:

Thank the baby jesus.

For real. Just seems like it's time to move on. Unless he feels like signing on an AHL-only deal to play in Rochester forever.

#33 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 08 March 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:


On Stewart - Might be out for the season.
Zemgus - Day-to-day

His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.

Thanks.  I agree on Luker.

#34 Robviously

Robviously

    What You Don't See

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Texas

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:45 PM

View PostTankalicious, on 08 March 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

On Stewart - Might be out for the season.
Zemgus - Day-to-day



His contract is up after this season. I have to think that his days in this organization are over.
Why?  He's a good player for us in Rochester, and it's not like the Sabres hesitate to bring him up when they need him.  Plus if he's looking for a crummy NHL team to earn playing time with, we're at the top of that list.

I don't think we'd mind keeping him around and I'm not sure he has a ton of great options elsewhere.

#35 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:59 AM

Has anyone else been mildly impressed with Deslauriers?  He skates fairly well.  His size has been noticeable in the corners on almost ever play.  Has decent hands and seems to like shooting. His back checking is solid and he looks fairly decent in the NHL thus far.

#36 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 March 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Has anyone else been mildly impressed with Deslauriers?  He skates fairly well.  His size has been noticeable in the corners on almost ever play.  Has decent hands and seems to like shooting. His back checking is solid and he looks fairly decent in the NHL thus far.

Multiple people, including myself, have said that they are impressed. Solid but nothing special so far. Could be a good third/fourth liner.

#37 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,639 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:34 AM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 March 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

Has anyone else been mildly impressed with Deslauriers?  He skates fairly well.  His size has been noticeable in the corners on almost ever play.  Has decent hands and seems to like shooting. His back checking is solid and he looks fairly decent in the NHL thus far.

I like what I've seen. TN has also said a couple of complimentary things about him.

#38 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:46 AM

View PostRobviously, on 08 March 2014 - 01:45 PM, said:


Why?  He's a good player for us in Rochester, and it's not like the Sabres hesitate to bring him up when they need him.  Plus if he's looking for a crummy NHL team to earn playing time with, we're at the top of that list.

I don't think we'd mind keeping him around and I'm not sure he has a ton of great options elsewhere.

At some point it's just time to go your separate ways. Nobody is really benefitting from the relationship anymore. We have plenty of occasional call ups, and it's not that hard to find guys who can produce at the AHL level. Solid chance that Adam goes somewhere that gives him more of an NHL opportunity or to a team that has an AHL team closer to where he wants to be.

#39 shrader

shrader

    National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Boston, MA

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:51 AM

View PostTankalicious, on 10 March 2014 - 08:46 AM, said:

At some point it's just time to go your separate ways. Nobody is really benefitting from the relationship anymore. We have plenty of occasional call ups, and it's not that hard to find guys who can produce at the AHL level. Solid chance that Adam goes somewhere that gives him more of an NHL opportunity or to a team that has an AHL team closer to where he wants to be.

Who are these occasional call ups up front?  Outside of Porter I can't think of one forward who has been back and forth between Rochester/Buffalo this year and I can't picture him sticking around beyond this year.

#40 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,399 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

View Postshrader, on 10 March 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:



Who are these occasional call ups up front?  Outside of Porter I can't think of one forward who has been back and forth between Rochester/Buffalo this year and I can't picture him sticking around beyond this year.

Porter, Ellis. Next year Mitchell could become one. Some of the young guys could become that. How many do we need?