179 replies to this topic

#161 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

I see no reason that Moulson or Ott would want to be here. Maybe Ott because he can continue to cherry pick that C, but Moulson might not want to sit through the misery like he did with the Isles. Miller has to go and once he does Ott and Moulson might reconsider any thoughts they had about staying.

Besides the fact that somebody already mentioned they want to stay, some players might prefer a role on a team like BFLO. Teams don't stay successful forever, if they bolt for a better team there is a chance they might be in a downfall. Here, they've already hit rock bottom. Guys like Moulson and Ott know that they will be THE key guys in this team moving forward. Here, they will be in the limelight. On other teams they may just be another player on that team. I just don't see why some people get the impression that players wouldn't come (or stay) to/in BFLO if their lives depended on it. Personally, I'd rather be a part of a team that has nowhere to go but up, with an owner and management that will do anything to make it happen. I'd rather be a part of a team that wins a Cup knowing that I had a lot to do with it, rather than coming over as a rental. If I were in my mid to late 30's it might be a different story. But if I still had 7-10 years left in my career...... no.

#162 Murray's Rats

Murray's Rats

Since Gilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Besides the fact that somebody already mentioned they want to stay, some players might prefer a role on a team like BFLO. Teams don't stay successful forever, if they bolt for a better team there is a chance they might be in a downfall. Here, they've already hit rock bottom. Guys like Moulson and Ott know that they will be THE key guys in this team moving forward. Here, they will be in the limelight. On other teams they may just be another player on that team. I just don't see why some people get the impression that players wouldn't come (or stay) to/in BFLO if their lives depended on it. Personally, I'd rather be a part of a team that has nowhere to go but up, with an owner and management that will do anything to make it happen. I'd rather be a part of a team that wins a Cup knowing that I had a lot to do with it, rather than coming over as a rental. If I were in my mid to late 30's it might be a different story. But if I still had 7-10 years left in my career...... no.

Sounds logical to me!! Well said!!

#163 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

I agree with this.

By canning Regier, the Sabres made the statement - "We've turned over a new leaf, the old organisation is gone. No more free rides for anyone, this is going to be about winning, and we're willing to do what it takes to become a winner."

I have to imagine there are a few players around the league, crossing off the Sabres from their "no ###### way I'm going there" lists about now.

#164 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,807 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:39 AM

Moulson wounded. Damn. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Goodbye first round pick. Goodbye prospect.

#165 kishoph

kishoph

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 05:59 AM

That slash by Doan was worse than any of Cohos penalties tonight but NO call. Hope Matty is alright!!

The holding call looked more like, intent to hold, both slashing calls were ridiculous, especially when they let the slash on Moulson go unpunished.

Gus has no quit in him, the kid's going to be a bright spot for years to come.

#166 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 06:07 AM

POSTGAME LINKS

01/30 – NHL POST-GAME NEWSLETTER: Buffalo Sabres @ Phoenix Coyotes (NHL.com)

01/30 – GAME RECAP: GIRGENSONS' SHORTHANDED TALLY LIFTS SABRES OVER COYOTES (Chris Ryndak – Sabres.com)

01/30 – Brian Duff and Dan Dunleavy recap the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <4:25>

01/30 – Ted Nolan speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <3:03>

01/30 – Chad Ruhwedel speaks with Brian Duff and Brad May following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <2:56>

01/30 – Alexander Sulzer speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <0:57>

01/30 – Zemgus Girgensons speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <1:41>

01/30 – Ryan Miller speaks with the media following the Sabres 3-2 win against the Coyotes. <2:44>

#167 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:42 AM

Well the good news is other teams also won last night. Edmonton really needs to go on a run at this point. 4 pts up but we have 3 games in hand. Of course if Moulson is down for awhile that will hurt.

Attached File  standings.PNG   17.72KB   11 downloads

#168 Hoss

Hoss

Someday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:38 AM

They'll definitely be in the limelight on a last-place team located in Buffalo.

#169 apuszczalowski

apuszczalowski

Commander of the Armies of the North

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

Matt Moulson is set to make 25-35 million dollars this offseason. Why exactly would he pass that up to make 5-10 mill?

Glass half full...he's out rest of year, doesn't get value on open market due to said injury and Signs with Buffalo.

............Just so he can be traded later that year to a team he may not be able to control

He isn't signing a one year deal, there will be multi-year offers for him as a FA. If Buffalo re-signs him, it won't be for a year so they can trade him for assets at the deadline

#170 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Jack Eichel Construction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,018 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:50 AM

Dunleavy is getting on my nerves. Final horn. "Ryan Miller and the Buffalo Sabres" have won the game, or whatever he said after "Sabres."

That's all I have. Other than that, nice win. Hi, Rob.

#171 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:07 AM

Hmm, PPG and SHG in the same game. Can't recall that happening in quite a while.

#172 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,750 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

So is there any news on Moulson?

#173 Assquatch

Assquatch

We can have nice things.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

So is there any news on Moulson?

It's suspiciously quiet.

Edited by Assquatch, 31 January 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#174 Wyldnwoody44

Wyldnwoody44

"Have no fear of perfection, You'll never reach it"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

I was just gonna ask the same thing...... I think we'll know by this afternoon

#175 Murray's Rats

Murray's Rats

Since Gilbert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,683 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:50 AM

Wonder if Doan will hear from Shanaban?

#176 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,513 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

:lol:

#177 Wyldnwoody44

Wyldnwoody44

"Have no fear of perfection, You'll never reach it"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Nah he doesn't play for buffalo, so he's good to go

Edited by wyldnwoody44, 31 January 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#178 G-Daddy

G-Daddy

What do you want from life?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:54 PM

If the Moulson injury is bad enough we will see if PLF has any sway with Shanny.

Edited by DGW54321, 31 January 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#179 BRAWNDO

BRAWNDO

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,907 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

I wonder if Moulson is getting a MRI to check for structural damage and that is why we have not heard anything.

#180 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Brandon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:57 PM

I hope that's just the case - but you'd think if it were a subtle, hard to pinpoint injury it wouldn't be as debilitating and excruciating as it clearly was. Moulson is no wimp, from what I've seen.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GAME DISCUSSION THREAD, Coyotes