126 replies to this topic

#121 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,499 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

He just needed time to develop. He's still only 23.

His talent becomes seriously notable on this team of AHLers. He and Moulson are the only forwards worthy of top 6 at this level. Ennis is nice but in a perfect world he's not in my top 6 (or on my team). Girgensons may have 2nd line potential but ideally he's a third line banger that plays good D and chips in occasionally on O.

#122 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

His talent becomes seriously notable on this team of AHLers. He and Moulson are the only forwards worthy of top 6 at this level. Ennis is nice but in a perfect world he's not in my top 6 (or on my team). Girgensons may have 2nd line potential but ideally he's a third line banger that plays good D and chips in occasionally on O.

Agree w/ all of it.

#123 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,194 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:59 AM

MILLER!!

#124 Potato

Potato

Take Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,657 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I think Girgs is definitely a top-2 line guy. If the argument can be made that CoHo is still developing at 23, then the same argument can certainly be made for Girgs who is barely 20. I think we'll see more scoring out of him as he gets stronger and faster in the next couple of years.

#125 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,499 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:11 PM

I think Girgs is definitely a top-2 line guy. If the argument can be made that CoHo is still developing at 23, then the same argument can certainly be made for Girgs who is barely 20. I think we'll see more scoring out of him as he gets stronger and faster in the next couple of years.

I'll definitely think Gus will improve but the one thing I don't think will improve are his hands. He's squeezing every ounce of god given talent out if that tattooed chiseled frame but he's just not going to finish on a regular basis. We've seen glimpses on shoot outs and breakaways, he's a limited player. On a very good team, he's a perfect third liner. He may be thrust into a bigger role than that and hopefully that will help his offensive game along but he belongs in a forechecking/defensive role. He doesn't have the hands of Moulson, Hodgson, Vanek or Pominville. Hell, if Stafford played with half the fire of Gus he'd be a 35+ goal scorer every year (a good center would also help) as Staffords hands are light years better than Gus'.

#126 dudacek

dudacek

Bear poker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,444 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:16 PM

I hope you are right. As much as I love the kid, his contributions at this point aren't much different than Matty Ellis.
There is no doubt he will grow. The question is, is his upside Ryan Kesler, or Steve Ott?

#127 ...

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:53 AM

Not buying all the CoHo love.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GAME DISCUSSION THREAD, Blue Jackets