103 replies to this topic

#1 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:35 PM

The fans have spoke yet he continues to not give two cents about it. Fans are getting their fire Darcy signs taken away at the gate, fans are having fire Darcy t shirts made and with Pegula's action fans are being told I will do nothing but make you eat it. For a man that cried on the podium when he bought the team has soon become one of the most ridiculous owners in sports history. I will not spend another dollar on your product as you kill my be loved hockey team! I think Pegula is the worst thing that ever happened to Buffalo. Thoughts?

#2 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yeah, yeah.  Pegula's the worst thing to happen to Buffalo since Bethlehem Steel closed.

The team is tanking.  Cope any way you like.

#3 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I agree that, as an owner, he really should be listening to the people who buy tickets. But this is a tough spot. HAS to make sure SOMETHING is done, though. He's embarrassing himself.

#4 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,127 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

This post IS playing net for the Oilers.

Edited by d4rksabre, 24 October 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#5 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 24 October 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

This post IS playing net for the Oilers.
This post is as sweet as Obamacare.

#6 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:24 PM

Pegula has other investments to deal with. The sabres are left to Black and Darcy to operate. He'll show up a couple times a year with a cigar in his mouth and shake a couple hands.

#7 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,495 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

View Postneverenough, on 24 October 2013 - 07:07 PM, said:

This post is as sweet as Obamacare.

This post is saving me nearly $3K this year?

Didn't think so.  Send it to the politics thread.  Thanks.

#8 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,127 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

View Postneverenough, on 24 October 2013 - 07:24 PM, said:

Pegula has other investments to deal with. The sabres are left to Black and Darcy to operate. He'll show up a couple times a year with a cigar in his mouth and shake a couple hands.

I love it.

Pegula meddles too much!

Pegula is an absentee owner!

No one here knows ######!

#9 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Thoughts? When I speak, take it seriously. The warning signs were there from day one. This canary sang his heart out.

#10 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

When I speak, take it seriously.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

#11 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

View Postneverenough, on 24 October 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

The fans have spoke yet he continues to not give two cents about it. Fans are getting their fire Darcy signs taken away at the gate, fans are having fire Darcy t shirts made and with Pegula's action fans are being told I will do nothing but make you eat it. For a man that cried on the podium when he bought the team has soon become one of the most ridiculous owners in sports history. I will not spend another dollar on your product as you kill my be loved hockey team! I think Pegula is the worst thing that ever happened to Buffalo. Thoughts?

I don't agree. Sure he's made mistakes. So what. I still have hope he'll get it right.

#12 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:29 PM

View Postbunomatic, on 24 October 2013 - 08:14 PM, said:

I don't agree. Sure he's made mistakes. So what. I still have hope he'll get it right.
Got to wish for the best but if you employ underachievers you become one in the sports world.

#13 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,755 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

View Postneverenough, on 24 October 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Got to wish for the best but if you employ underachievers you become one in the sports world.

You got that right. I believe certain members of the Sabres family need to move on for sure and changes need to be made but I still think eventually Terry will get it right. Thats all I've got to hang my hat on. That and the potential of some of the youth.

#14 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

Posted Image

#15 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Pegula is in full Penguins mode. Pre Malkin, pre Crosby of course.

We'll all be singing a different tune with Reinhart and McDavid leading us in a couple years.

GO SABRES!!!

#16 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

View PostK-9, on 24 October 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

We'll all be singing a different tune with Reinhart and McDavid leading us in a couple years.

GO SABRES!!!

Wasn't Darcy in pre-Crosby mode once before? Sabres and Penguins had same shot at Sid.

#17 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

View PostEleven, on 24 October 2013 - 07:28 PM, said:

This post is saving me nearly $3K this year?

Didn't think so.  Send it to the politics thread.  Thanks.

So what you're saying is that Obamacare isn't the devil that the uninformed public wants you to think it is?

Okay. No more politics for me today. Moving on.

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 08:45 PM, said:

Wasn't Darcy in pre-Crosby mode once before? Sabres and Penguins had same shot at Sid.

"Same shot." Except we didn't have Mario Lemieux saying he would come back to play with Sidney Crosby if he came to our city. Rigged rigged rigged. The Jackets and Rangers also had the same chance.

Edited by DStebb, 24 October 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#18 thanes16

thanes16

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

GO SABRES!!!

Yep, worked for the Penguins and the Blackhawks, but they were able to fill in the other pieces. The Sabres are not guaranteed to land the the next possible Toews/Kane duo. And w/ Darcy running the show I do not see the right supportive players being added.

#19 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 24 October 2013 - 08:12 PM, said:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What's so funny? He's driven the franchise into the ground. No one in February 2011 could have imagined this in their worst nightmares. All Pegula has left is trying to convince people through his proxies that there's some kind of master plan of suckitude. Using rookies as human shields. Oldest shell game in the sports biz.

#20 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

I wanted to respond to both the disappointed as well as those who feel like wise to myself.

Disapointed: I completely understand your sentiments here. But, as a fan who was born November 10th, shortly after the team was, I was weened on Sabres hockey. Please understand, although painful, this is absolutely necessary to achieve a means to and end, and that end is non-negotiable, it's to compete for a Stanley's Cup. Please, endure, be patient, there will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Feel like myself: I love Zsdorov and Risto. Zad's is a future star.
Risto looks to be a candidate for a young Regher, I know, I know, to early to tell if he'll put on the weight, but, it looks promising so far.
Myers will rebound. Many say he has fallen that low, many like myself say he needs that mature, stay at home partner he had in Tallinder in his rookie season. I personally say there is enough talent in the pipeline to make it happen.

In short, there is much happening here. Pegula appeared and was original. He tried to make it happen on poor advice. Yes Regier needs to go. On this I am solid and that will never change. But in the interim, let's see where we are in 3 to 5 years from now.

#21 SabresBillsFan

SabresBillsFan

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

GO SABRES!!!

Don't know if we land either! You still have to win both draft lotteries which isn't easy two years in a row. Bad thing is I really want McDavid but that's another full year of watching this. That makes it awe fully bad.

#22 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:58 PM

View PostDStebb, on 24 October 2013 - 08:48 PM, said:

"Same shot." Except we didn't have Mario Lemieux saying he would come back to play with Sidney Crosby if he came to our city. Rigged rigged rigged. The Jackets and Rangers also had the same chance.

Paranoia aside, the point is that Darcy can't sit there with a straight face and imply that Pittsburgh tanked to get Crosby, and that the Sabres have never lowered themselves to that level. Actually it's a good cautionary tale. Same shot at Sid. They get Sid, we get Marek Zagrapan, which is delicious dunked in coffee but otherwise useless.

BTW, Ted Black today said the Sabres have never been fortunate enough to get the top pick in a draft, other than Perreault.

#23 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Your name and the term "buzzkill" have never been used in the same sentence have they.

A man can dream, can't he? It's all I've got, PA. And you've stomped them into the ground.

Again.

GO SABRES!!!

#24 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

Thoughts? When I speak, take it seriously. The warning signs were there from day one. This canary sang his heart out.

:wallbash:

#25 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,032 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

How many number one draft picks since 1990 have won a Stanley Cup with the team that drafted them?

#26 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Paranoia aside, the point is that Darcy can't sit there with a straight face and imply that Pittsburgh tanked to get Crosby, and that the Sabres have never lowered themselves to that level. Actually it's a good cautionary tale. Same shot at Sid. They get Sid, we get Marek Zagrapan, which is delicious dunked in coffee but otherwise useless.

BTW, Ted Black today said the Sabres have never been fortunate enough to get the top pick in a draft, other than Perreault.

For the record, there was no hockey the year before Crosby. So nobody was tanking to get Crosby. There were talks of a lockout, but teams weren't banking on a full year off.

Black is wrong, because they've had it twice. Turgeon and Perreault.

Edited by DStebb, 24 October 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#27 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,822 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

I think most folks have blocked out Pierre Turgeon.

#28 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 24 October 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

How many number one draft picks since 1990 have won a Stanley Cup with the team that drafted them?

Four. Kane, Crosby, Fleury, Vinny Lacav.
Four second overall picks as well: Seguin, Doughty, Malkin, Staal.
Three thirds: Svitov, Toews, S. Niedermayer (3).
One fourth: Andrew Ladd.
One fifth: Jaromir Jagr (all the way back in 1990 to find the only one).

Edited by DStebb, 24 October 2013 - 09:21 PM.

#29 Derrico

Derrico

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Nice research.

#30 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

View PostDerrico, on 24 October 2013 - 09:16 PM, said:

Nice research.

Thanks. Always like finding out little facts like that. Especially with the draft. Like the fact that the only team (since the lockout) to win a Stanley Cup without a player THEY drafted in the top five on the roster at some point throughout the year is the Detroit Red Wings. And I think they're a worthy exception considering the steals of Zetterberg and Datsyuk.

FOUR teams since the lockout have actually traded away a player they selected at fifth overall and then won the Stanley Cup in the few years following: Pittsburgh traded Ryan Whitney, Boston traded Phil Kessel, Los Angeles traded away Brayden Schenn and Anaheim traded Stanislav Chistov.

While I think that's a terrible coincidence, we do have a former fifth overall pick of our own that we're about to trade... And a top five pick is on its way.

Edited by DStebb, 24 October 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#31 neverenough

neverenough

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostHopefulFuture, on 24 October 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

I wanted to respond to both the disappointed as well as those who feel like wise to myself.

Disapointed: I completely understand your sentiments here. But, as a fan who was born November 10th, shortly after the team was, I was weened on Sabres hockey. Please understand, although painful, this is absolutely necessary to achieve a means to and end, and that end is non-negotiable, it's to compete for a Stanley's Cup. Please, endure, be patient, there will be a light at the end of this tunnel.

Feel like myself: I love Zsdorov and Risto. Zad's is a future star.
Risto looks to be a candidate for a young Regher, I know, I know, to early to tell if he'll put on the weight, but, it looks promising so far.
Myers will rebound. Many say he has fallen that low, many like myself say he needs that mature, stay at home partner he had in Tallinder in his rookie season. I personally say there is enough talent in the pipeline to make it happen.

In short, there is much happening here. Pegula appeared and was original. He tried to make it happen on poor advice. Yes Regier needs to go. On this I am solid and that will never change. But in the interim, let's see where we are in 3 to 5 years from now.
The light just seems so so far away.

#32 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Texting Nun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Is there a place where I can hide a post in an envelope and open it at a future date?

I had an eureka moment tonight....I think I know what stunt the Sabres are going to pull if the results are just as poor the next few weeks. It won't be a firing. They need to chill the fans out though. If I say what I think the ace in the hole is, I will get flamed....but I smell it.

#33 dudacek

dudacek

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 24 October 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Is there a place where I can hide a post in an envelope and open it at a future date?

I had an eureka moment tonight....I think I know what stunt the Sabres are going to pull if the results are just as poor the next few weeks. It won't be a firing. They need to chill the fans out though. If I say what I think the ace in the hole is, I will get flamed....but I smell it.

PM me. I'll be your envelope. :flirt:

#34 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,127 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:19 PM

Just say it. You know you want to.

#35 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

Heart Means Everything.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:42 PM

Everyone seems to forget Pegs saying that it took "Jerry" 40 years.

37 more years to go!

#36 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,278 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

Let's play a game. Blues clues. Give us three and we'll sit down in our thinking chair.

#37 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Texting Nun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,868 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 24 October 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

Just say it. You know you want to.

Not gonna...because they won't do it then.

If they lose 4 of the next 5 and the fans are getting more ravenous, I will PM a few of you. It's so good I want to give them the idea myself....but after watching some of their work in other realms, my idea is probably poppycock. They know what they are doing.

#38 calti

calti

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

View Postneverenough, on 24 October 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

dutch elm disease

#39 skaught

skaught

Rolston Centipede

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 24 October 2013 - 11:53 PM, said:

Not gonna...because they won't do it then.

If they lose 4 of the next 5 and the fans are getting more ravenous, I will PM a few of you. It's so good I want to give them the idea myself....but after watching some of their work in other realms, my idea is probably poppycock. They know what they are doing.

I know, they'll bring all the new 3rd jerseys out on the ice and light them on fire!

Edited by skaught, 25 October 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#40 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,461 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:51 AM

Send yourself a message.