Photo

Is there any chance that trades will be made before deadline?

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

#81 Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Your plan goes up in smoke if Miller gets injured and negates his value to somebody to ZERO and in so doing negates his worth to us to ZERO because we lose him to free agency without seeing anything of value coming back. Everythings aligning towards a shittstorm of Regierosity right now.

Oh yeah I mean anything can happen by then if he gets hurt significantly then we're really screwed with that whole situation, but assuming he doesn't, value leading up to the deadline will increase with each passing day IMO obviously a long way from now though things need to play out. Hurricane Darcy will always create a shitstorm so something will most likely go wrong to interfere

#82 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Is that sarcasm?

No -- it means another potential bidder for Miller.

#83 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

No -- it means another potential bidder for Miller.

I read that Lehtonen is only day to day. False alarm.

#84 Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Just another thought: Heard somewhere this morning Oilers were interested in Ryan Miller didn't think anything of it...12 hours later Edmonton takes a GUT WRENCHING loss losing 6-5 to Toronto, Lupul tied it with 30 seconds and Bolland won it in OT.

Also, I remember when MacTavish was hired as the GM of the Oilers last spring he said he was looking at every and all potential moves to make the team better and would not rule anything out. I Remember Elliotte Friedman had something in 30 thoughts about it but I can't find.

It would make sense and another plot twist was the fact Nail Yakupov was scratched for the first time in his NHL career, most likely just injury or to watch from up top but just something to look out for.

#85 Hoss

Hoss

Someday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,017 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

Just another thought: Heard somewhere this morning Oilers were interested in Ryan Miller didn't think anything of it...12 hours later Edmonton takes a GUT WRENCHING loss losing 6-5 to Toronto, Lupul tied it with 30 seconds and Bolland won it in OT.

Also, I remember when MacTavish was hired as the GM of the Oilers last spring he said he was looking at every and all potential moves to make the team better and would not rule anything out. I Remember Elliotte Friedman had something in 30 thoughts about it but I can't find.

It would make sense and another plot twist was the fact Nail Yakupov was scratched for the first time in his NHL career, most likely just injury or to watch from up top but just something to look out for.

Anybody saying Edmonton is interested in Miller is just speculating. Edmonton is the perfect spot for Miller, but it's also a tough situation. So many things working against Edmonton:

1. Would he want to stay there long-term? Unlikely.
2. Who do they give for him? He's not nearly worth any of these young studs they have, and their prospect pool is pretty thin.
3. Do you give up a first rounder for him? The team could very well end up picking in the top 10 again, do you want to risk giving that pick up?

Also on the Yaks thing: He was a healthy scratch. He's been struggling a lot. But he was the first overall pick a year ago. Don't get ahead of yourself. Miller isn't worth have of Yakupov. Maybe something like Miller, Myers and a first but we're probably picking in the top five. No chance you give that up.

Edited by DStebb, 13 October 2013 - 12:05 AM.

#86 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

Miller,Myers and a first(possibly 1st overall the way its going) for Yakupov is lunacy.

Edited by bunomatic, 13 October 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#87 Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Anybody saying Edmonton is interested in Miller is just speculating. Edmonton is the perfect spot for Miller, but it's also a tough situation. So many things working against Edmonton:

1. Would he want to stay there long-term? Unlikely.
2. Who do they give for him? He's not nearly worth any of these young studs they have, and their prospect pool is pretty thin.
3. Do you give up a first rounder for him? The team could very well end up picking in the top 10 again, do you want to risk giving that pick up?

Also on the Yaks thing: He was a healthy scratch. He's been struggling a lot. But he was the first overall pick a year ago. Don't get ahead of yourself. Miller isn't worth have of Yakupov. Maybe something like Miller, Myers and a first but we're probably picking in the top five. No chance you give that up.

Yeah I'm not saying anything's imminent more just speculation on my behalf tossing around ideas appreciate the clearance on Yakupov though.

In terms to answer your 3 questions yes Miller would probably not want to stay their long term but then again I guess who knows.

And the last 2 questions: My response is do the Oilers think they're gonna pick in the top 10? From my perspective coming into this year the Oilers management believed they are ready to compete with the big boys and MacTavish made it clear he's gonna do everything in his power to make that happen and if it's a goalie holding them back I would not be surprised if the Oilers make a move.

#88 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I love the Yakupov idea immensely. I firmly believe with Grigeranko's playmaking ability and Yakupov's finishing ability they would make a fantastic Center and Winger on a scoring line. Just my opinion though. I'd give up quite a bit to make it happen to, not selling the farm so to speak, but giving to get in the long run with out sacrificing our high end 1st round draft picks.
Edmonton needs immediately help on the blue line and between the pipes along with some winger replacements. Buffalo happens to have that I believe. As for what a particular trade would look like is a good debate. If Yak continues to struggle in Edmonton, and Edmonton continues to struggle with it's back end situation, there may be a deal to be made here. Maybe.

#89 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Oilers are top-heavy in young first-liners.
Miller would solve a lot of their immediate problems and The Concept of Tyler Myers is what they need long-term.
There should be a deal there to be made.

#90 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Miller would solve a lot of their immediate problems and The Concept of Tyler Myers is what they need long-term.

I have been avoiding weighing in because I have learned my speculation lesson. That being said: Edmonton needs Defense and Goaltending. Buffalo needs goal scoring forwards... seems they have what the other needs.

#91 nfreeman

nfreeman

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

If Miller had 2 years left on his contract I would waste hours hoping for this but Edmonton ain't giving up a blue chip forward unless Miller signs an extension with Edmonton, which I think is pretty unlikely.

#92 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:26 PM

If Miller had 2 years left on his contract I would waste hours hoping for this but Edmonton ain't giving up a blue chip forward unless Miller signs an extension with Edmonton, which I think is pretty unlikely.

Agreed. Unless you can convince them Miller will resign or they can make a run with him this year, I don't foresee them trading us forwards. Now our defensive depth and their offensive depth could yield something but again that is a lot of speculation.

#93 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I don't believe Miller would be the center piece of a package for a potential blue chipper like Yakupov. He would be a part of a package none the less.
I do believe that Pysyk and another stalwart defense man in the system along with a winger such as Stafford and/or Ott would have to be included.
I would do that for Yakupov, if I didn't have to include a 1st round pick, and we have 2nd round picks to offset that as well.

#94 nfreeman

nfreeman

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:12 PM

I don't believe Miller would be the center piece of a package for a potential blue chipper like Yakupov. He would be a part of a package none the less.
I do believe that Pysyk and another stalwart defense man in the system along with a winger such as Stafford and/or Ott would have to be included.
I would do that for Yakupov, if I didn't have to include a 1st round pick, and we have 2nd round picks to offset that as well.

Well, I don't think Edmonton would put much value on Miller, Ott (also UFA) or Stafford (overpaid 3rd liner). But I would bet they'd be interested in Pysyk and Zadorov -- which would be a steep price but realistic and probably more than DR would pay.

Your Pysyk suggestion caused me to realize that I'd rather them trade Myers, keep Pysyk and sign Phaneuf as a UFA. I think Pysyk is better than Myers right now.

#95 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,547 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Well, I don't think Edmonton would put much value on Miller, Ott (also UFA) or Stafford (overpaid 3rd liner). But I would bet they'd be interested in Pysyk and Zadorov -- which would be a steep price but realistic and probably more than DR would pay.

Your Pysyk suggestion caused me to realize that I'd rather them trade Myers, keep Pysyk and sign Phaneuf as a UFA. I think Pysyk is better than Myers right now.

Pysyk is averaging 20 minutes of ice time per game and somehow has a +1 through our disaster 0-5-1 start. He's definitely better than Myers right now and might already be the best passer on the team. And he's 21.

He's not quite untouchable, but he's getting there.

#96 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

If you were the Oilers, is there a deal you would make with the Sabres?
How about one built around Miller and Ehrhoff?

And for the record, I think the best window to trade Miller is open as we speak: teams that had hopes this year, whose hopes are being crushed by inept net minding. Miller is looking all-world right now.
If we wait, teams will fall too far behind, they'll find another option, or something will happen to Miller.

#97 nfreeman

nfreeman

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

If you were the Oilers, is there a deal you would make with the Sabres?
How about one built around Miller and Ehrhoff?

And for the record, I think the best window to trade Miller is open as we speak: teams that had hopes this year, whose hopes are being crushed by inept net minding. Miller is looking all-world right now.
If we wait, teams will fall too far behind, they'll find another option, or something will happen to Miller.

If I were the oilers I would definitely be interested in Ehrhoff, but I just don't see how they could part with one of their potential 90-pt forwards for 80% of one year of miller which, best case, will end with a first round loss and miller departing as a UFA.

Edited by nfreeman, 13 October 2013 - 11:06 PM.

#98 beerme1

beerme1

Pro Scout

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts
  • Location:Sitting with Chet and Muffy in section 223 which is the best for scouting Muffy

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Fair question nfreeman, and honestly, I don't. But, I also realize I have little options available to me as a Sabres fan at this moment.
All we can really do is support the team, even in it's current state of affairs while at the same time, as fans, voicing our displeasure with the continued presence of Regier.
After all, if we do end up with the 1st pick over all these next 2 seasons, it's kind of hard to F that up, even for Regier. But in the end, like yourself, I wouldn't put it past him.

I expect the Fire Darcy chant to become the norm in the arena.
Seriously.

Edited by beerme1, 13 October 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#99 thewookie1

thewookie1

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:17 PM

Miller may be willing to sign there, he'd be in the same division as all the west coast teams meaning at very least he'll spend 15 games in CA teams. Plus with him the Oilers would likely become a playoff team.

Why is everyone so obsessed with trading Ehrhoff? He's our only minute eating defender atm.

I would want Eberle or Nugent-Hopkins, not Yakopov. Yakopov is supposedly a partier and the last thing we need is a Russian Roy. Plus then we run the risk that one of our cornerstone players will use the KHL as blackmail at contract time.

Lastly, Edm is desperate for a goalie. With how they've been, they'd likely give Miller 6 or 7 mil a year to stay where I doubt he get that much from anyone else.

#100 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:44 PM

If I were the oilers I would definitely be interested in Ehrhoff, but I just don't see how they could part with one of their potential 90-pt forwards for 80% of one year of miller which, best case, will end with a first round loss and miller departing as a UFA.

I get the Miller is too risky unless he is signed concern, but he isn't our only bargaining chip; he can be the throw-in. If we are giving up Ehrhoff, he is the throw-in.
Edmonton has a bad mix: too many young, one-way first- line forwards. They are going to move one; count on it.

Ehrhoff, Ennis and Miller?

#101 krt88

krt88

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

If the team is picking in the top 10 again

How can they not be? This team is awful. They cannot score and our coach has won 8 of 37 games in regulation!

#102 Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Forget the Miller is too risky cuz who knows if he'll want to resign

http://www.cbssports...eturn-to-russia

Yakupov is the one that's risky with this & his dad preferring him to play in the KHL than here definitely decreases his value especially since he was ruled OUT again tonight . Honestly from this point forward I'm terrified of drafting anymore Russians.

#103 sicknfla

sicknfla

Third Liner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,709 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Forget the Miller is too risky cuz who knows if he'll want to resign

http://www.cbssports...eturn-to-russia

Yakupov is the one that's risky with this & his dad preferring him to play in the KHL than here definitely decreases his value especially since he was ruled OUT again tonight . Honestly from this point forward I'm terrified of drafting anymore Russians.

This could be dad's way of saying get my kid out of Edmonton. This only helps. At first I thought this had no legs but the more I think about it the more I think it is possible. Not likely but possible.

Not sure what all it would take but I think the kid would flourish here. He strikes me as the type who wants to be the center of attention. He would instantly be that here. In Edmonton he is just one of many young forwards.

He is better than any player in this upcoming draft. If i am TP I tell DR to make this happen. Of course I am assuming Edmonton is listening.

Edited by sicknfla, 14 October 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#104 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

lol, actually nfreeman, I debated heavily on Myers/Pysyk before posting, but ultimately realized I needed to snap back into reality and type Pysyk's name. Sad actually, just how far Myers has fallen since that rookie season. But, eyes to the future. We have deep depth on defense in the pipe line, I realize not all will turn out, and some prospects projecting to be 2, 3 or 4 d men will end up 5 or 6 or god forbid, 7 or 8. But I like our chances at grabbing a Russian scoring winger for Grigs right now. I can see great things between Grigs and Yak. Is it a crap shoot? Sure, it always is, but with these future high end first rounders coming up in the next season or 2, I'd roll those dice, especially with d men like Risto, Zad's, McCabe, McNabb and a few others in the pipe line.

To me, getting the play out of our defensive zone and into a sustained offensive zone attack would do more to enhance those young d mens futures then sitting idle and hoping they develop the skills to just hold on, a system I've seen implemented year in and year out recently here in Buffalo.
Get a sustained forecheck with puck control and I would imagine those young d men gain confidence and look better and better as they mature, Yakupov to me in any event, is a piece that may help achieve that.

#105 Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

This could be dad's way of saying get my kid out of Edmonton. This only helps. At first I thought this had no legs but the more I think about it the more I think it is possible. Not likely but possible.

Not sure what all it would take but I think the kid would flourish here. He strikes me as the type who wants to be the center of attention. He would instantly be that here. In Edmonton he is just one of many young forwards.

He is better than any player in this upcoming draft. If i am TP I tell DR to make this happen. Of course I am assuming Edmonton is listening.

Guarantee Edmonton is listening to any offer after this report coming out, Grigo already being here would probably make it more attractive than other places to him. However, yes this is all possible not likely all speculation no one really knows what's going on behind the scenes there.

#106 nfreeman

nfreeman

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,959 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I get the Miller is too risky unless he is signed concern, but he isn't our only bargaining chip; he can be the throw-in. If we are giving up Ehrhoff, he is the throw-in.
Edmonton has a bad mix: too many young, one-way first- line forwards. They are going to move one; count on it.

Ehrhoff, Ennis and Miller?

If I'm Edmonton, I insist on Zadorov (or maybe Myers) in the package instead of Ennis.

#107 freester

freester

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

No way do I move Pysyk. Miller and Myers for Yacupov and I would take back a cap dump and pay half of Millers salary. I would even throw in a 3rd round pick. Myers is a mediocre player and I.m hoping we can find any GM to take him off our hands.

#108 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,945 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

I'm not going to sit here and tell you you're wrong, cause frankly I wouldn't know either way.

I am going to say this though - If his dad doesn't want him playing in Edmonton, then why in the name of all that is hockey would he want him in Buffalo?

I'm guessing the Sabres are pretty much dead last on 90% of the league's "would like to go there" list, right now.

#109 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:13 PM

If I'm Edmonton, I insist on Zadorov (or maybe Myers) in the package instead of Ennis.

Even for Yakupov, I have a hard time rapping my mind around moving Zadorov. Nikita says the right things, does the right things, and plays the right way. Also I may be one of the few on this board who is not infatuated with Yakupov.

#110 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

Even for Yakupov, I have a hard time rapping my mind around moving Zadorov. Nikita says the right things, does the right things, and plays the right way. Also I may be one of the few on this board who is not infatuated with Yakupov.

It's actually a pretty straight foward concept when it comes to Yak.

Buffalo has: Goaltending, Defensive depth
Buffalo needs: Scoring Wingers

Edmonton has: Scoring Wingers
Edmonton needs: Goaltending, Defense

Seems to be pretty straight forward, as I said. No one is infatuated with Yakupov, as you suggest. But there are some points of interest that have intrigued some on this board. Yak is having a problem finding himself in Edmonton. He's down to the 3rd line wing, then is sat for a couple of games by the coach. But you cannot go by that alone, last season Yakupov was Edmonton's leading scorer. So the deduction by many is the infusion of even more high end talent combined with the return of a healthy, and playing well Hemsky, forced the coach to switch the lines up (sound familiar?). Yakupov was mishandled in the opening of this season according to many Edmonton fans, by the coach, and it appears, so far, they are correct.
With Edmonton having such an abundance of talent up front, almost 3 full lines that can pot the puck with apparent ease, it's been speculated and rumored they could use Yakupov (a former 1st overall pick merely 2 years ago and a projected 40 goal scorer) to address their Defensive and Net minding short comings.

It's also been rumored that Buffalo, given the rebuild and having both the defensive depth as well as Ryan Miller would be the perfect trading partner. Even a majority of Edmonton fans concur with this.

Hence, the talk of Yakupov.

With all this being said, there is additionally a potential bonus to Buffalo. We can handle salary dumps right now as well as 50% of Miller's salary on his current contract retained. More importantly is Grigeranko and Yakupov, both being Russian, played on the 2011 and 2012 Russian WJC teams, not merely as team mates, but as line mates. This is where Yak had great success as a sniper being fed by the playmaking ability of Grig's as his center.
Are we catching the drift here? Just asking........

#111 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

...yea I understand why ppl are but I am not because I think the price would be to high.

#112 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Miller will NEVER go to Edmonton, come on. If you want to talk to a team right now, Washington is it. I see them as a Miller away from being very good.....

#113 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

...yea I understand why ppl are but I am not because I think the price would be to high.

I understand LGR4GM.
We have defensive depth, neither Miller nor Vanek will be here next season, you can be rest assured they won't re-sign for the long road ahead, and no one should blame them either.
Vanek will bring in a nice pick/prospect package I suspect.
Miller on the other hand, could be made a part of a package that gives us some usable leverage in a deal to address some of the scoring winger issues we have, and Yakupov is as good a target as there is at this time.
I'd give Miller, Pysyk and some other pieces to get him. We have deep d depth, don't forget. Getting a player of that caliber, especially one already familiar playing with one of our centers (Grig's) with success, would only enhance the time frame for the rebuild.

So, as you can see, there are many positives here is all and don't forget, it's all speculative.

Miller will NEVER go to Edmonton, come on. If you want to talk to a team right now, Washington is it. I see them as a Miller away from being very good.....

You cannot say Miller will not go to Edmonton with certainty as I cannot say he will with certainty. It's all speculative, since you nor I, nor any of us have actually had eyes on his 8 team list. I can tell you this, it's been rumored, merely spoken about amongst analysts, that no Western Conference teams are on his list. Take it with a grain of salt is all because they were speculating as well.................

#114 dudacek

dudacek

...browsing the internet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,957 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

You want a first-line forward, you've got to pay the price.
I'm not a huge Yak fan — I'd rather reunite Hodgson and Eberle — but his talent is undeniable.
FWIW, Yak and Grigo did not play on the same line at the 2012 WJC.

#115 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

You want a first-line forward, you've got to pay the price.
I'm not a huge Yak fan — I'd rather reunite Hodgson and Eberle — but his talent is undeniable.
FWIW, Yak and Grigo did not play on the same line at the 2012 WJC.

More importantly is Grigeranko and Yakupov, both being Russian, played on the 2011 and 2012 Russian WJC teams, not merely as team mates, but as line mates. This is where Yak had great success as a sniper being fed by the playmaking ability of Grig's as his center.

I stand corrected dudacek, and good catch. I was reading up on their experience together. However, they did, in fact, line together, here is the article and I remember the game.

"The main concern for Varnakov throughout August and December has been Yakupov. His skillset is obviously there. However, what is the best way to use it? During the Canada-Russia challenge in August Yakupov was put on the line with Grigorenko and Zlobin."

http://ca.sports.yah...-022711522.html

EDIT: and by no means am I advocating any rumors on a possible trade being whispered about, I'm just discussing the possibilities of such an adventure. After all, DR is still our GM, I couldn't imagine him pulling off such a trade.

Edited by HopefulFuture, 14 October 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#116 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,950 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Wouldn't give up Pysyk in any deal just yet. To me he represents the best of what we have at D right now. I suppose thats why he's included in speculation but I'd hate to see him go.

#117 thewookie1

thewookie1

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I wouldn't given up Pysyk regardless. He's too important for our future

#118 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,298 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I wouldn't given up Pysyk regardless. He's too important for our future

Well, yeah. But that's the same thing some people will say about Yak. think of it this way, would you trade a somewhat struggling 1st-overall for a UFA goaltender and struggling defenceman (Myers)? I say: maybe. I still have hope that rookie-Myers is still in there somewhere, and it'd suck to see him filled out in the 2017 SCF vs. Edmonton.

#119 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

If you look at the cap, Myers + Miller for Yakupov simply does not work mathematically unless we are keeping a ton of money which I just don't see.

#120 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

Swords Forever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

Yak is hardly a somewhat struggling 1st overall. He was the Oilers leading goal scorer last season. After merely 5 or 6 games and being shifted away from Hall as his center I would call him adjusting. He's playing with lesser talent and doesn't have the chemistry with them he had with Hall.

And I don't believe Myers is what Edmonton is looking for in blue line talent, Pysyk would more fit their bill I'd fathom. Hence why his name was brought up as opposed to Myers.