Jump to content


Bill Mikkelson -82 ...Does Tyler Myers have a shot?


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,868 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

So Myers is -4 in 3 games. Rolston has been hesitant to use him on penalty kill but plays him on the power play. There is nobody but Ehrhoff who would probably eat minutes over and above.

This is truly an amazing record, and I'm pretty sure there is no way Myers can break it.....but given the first 3 games....I was inspired to look. That should tell you something.

#2 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

    #39 - Greatest of All-Time.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,212 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 06 October 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

So Myers is -4 in 3 games. Rolston has been hesitant to use him on penalty kill but plays him on the power play. There is nobody but Ehrhoff who would probably eat minutes over and above.

This is truly an amazing record, and I'm pretty sure there is no way Myers can break it.....but given the first 3 games....I was inspired to look. That should tell you something.
You think at about -52 they would cut back his minutes. :rolleyes:

#3 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

    I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Absolutely.

If he maintains his current pace he will smash that record easily.  He'd tie the record at about mid-January and pass it a few days later.

Oh the  humanity ... this is going to be a long season.

On top of that the Mooseheads are suffering from a Memorial Cup Mount Rushmore of hangovers, so far.

#preparetosuffer

Edited by Sabres Fan In NS, 06 October 2013 - 07:45 AM.


#4 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,138 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 06 October 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

So Myers is -4 in 3 games. Rolston has been hesitant to use him on penalty kill but plays him on the power play. There is nobody but Ehrhoff who would probably eat minutes over and above.

This is truly an amazing record, and I'm pretty sure there is no way Myers can break it.....but given the first 3 games....I was inspired to look. That should tell you something.

That just might be the definition of faith.

#5 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,029 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Nope. Mikkelson never chokes.

#6 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,462 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I'll bet my life savings Myers doesn't even come within 20.

#7 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,138 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 06 October 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'll bet my life savings Myers doesn't even come within 20.

He doesn't come within 60

#8 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

    Texting Nun

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,868 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 06 October 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I'll bet my life savings Myers doesn't even come within 20.


I'm sure he won't as well.....but it is sad I actually was inspired to look up the record because of him.

If we get to game #20 and he is around a -20, there will be an "injury", or they may just send him to the funny farm for some inpatient "skills coaching".

Maybe we can still get Getzlaf for him?..........errrrrrrrr........

#9 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,462 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 06 October 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

I'm sure he won't as well.....but it is sad I actually was inspired to look up the record because of him.

If we get to game #20 and he is around a -20, there will be an "injury", or they may just send him to the funny farm for some inpatient "skills coaching".

Maybe we can still get Getzlaf for him?..........errrrrrrrr........

For what it's worth, I still don't think that was a real thing. I think it was Hamilton bloviating about what he thought the stating point would be.

#10 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,138 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 06 October 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

For what it's worth, I still don't think that was a real thing. I think it was Hamilton bloviating about what he thought the stating point would be.

Who bloviates?  Who does that?  University professors, maybe..   :flirt: :P :angel:

Edited by wjag, 06 October 2013 - 09:50 AM.


#11 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,462 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

View Postwjag, on 06 October 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Who bloviates?  Who does that?  University professors, maybe..

I'm not going to disagree :lol:

#12 SwampD

SwampD

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,807 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:North Jersey, orig. NT

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

If someone doesn't start scoring soon, everyone on the team could be challenging that record.

#13 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

    Sam Reinhart, please

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

If this thread was started everytime that a player was a -4 over the course of a few games, we'd need to start a subforum dedicated to it... Nothing to see here.

#14 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

What I find most distressing about Myers is the fact that many local hcokey writters were saying that Myers had a great preseason and looked to have re-gained his rookie form. I saw none of those preseason games, but I have watched all 4 reg season games and I see the same Myers as last year.

How could his game have fallen apart so quickly?

#15 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

    1970

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Jersey

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:32 AM

View Posttheesir, on 09 October 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

What I find most distressing about Myers is the fact that many local hcokey writters were saying that Myers had a great preseason and looked to have re-gained his rookie form. I saw none of those preseason games, but I have watched all 4 reg season games and I see the same Myers as last year.

How could his game have fallen apart so quickly?

Did the Sports Psych leave the organization or does Myers just stink?

#16 theesir

theesir

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst, NY

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 09 October 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Did the Sports Psych leave the organization or does Myers just stink?
I think the sports psych had them all convinced that they were "OK" and no one bothered to try to get better so they go rid of him.

#17 wjag

wjag

    Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,138 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just below the Mason-Dixon Line

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

View Posttheesir, on 09 October 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

What I find most distressing about Myers is the fact that many local hcokey writters were saying that Myers had a great preseason and looked to have re-gained his rookie form. I saw none of those preseason games, but I have watched all 4 reg season games and I see the same Myers as last year.

How could his game have fallen apart so quickly?

It could be as simple the level of competition he played against.  You see more kids than vets in the preseason.  Now it's more vets than kids.

#18 freester

freester

    Prospect

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:atlanta

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:01 PM

Myers needs to be traded now.  Hopefully there is some GM out there who would be willing to part with something of value for a soft overpaid Myers.  Maybe they will fall in love with his size. The more he plays the more his trade value falls.

#19 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 09 October 2013 - 01:54 PM

Big Tyler has no points and is a -4 through 4 games, while averaging almost 22 minutes of ice time per game.  I'm tired of making excuses for the guy.  He is starting his 5th year with the team and sports is a performance business... get it done or get someone in there who can do the job.

As far as I'm concerned, trade him now (if a taker can be found and he will waive his no movement clause) and give his ice time to Zadorov when he comes back from injury.

#20 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,029 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Five years. Wow. I had to do a double take when I heard that on the radio. Honestly, fans, where did we all project Myers to be by now? Surely in the Norris conversation.

#21 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Five years. Wow. I had to do a double take when I heard that on the radio. Honestly, fans, where did we all project Myers to be by now? Surely in the Norris conversation.
yup and that should concern us and management.  He has stagnated at 5th defenseman on a cruddy team, that is no bueno

#22 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

View PostDStebb, on 06 October 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

If this thread was started everytime that a player was a -4 over the course of a few games, we'd need to start a subforum dedicated to it... Nothing to see here.

I'm sure (i hope) this thread was made as a joke, but the general idea is spot on. Tyler Myers is terrible. He's actually at a point where whenever he's on the ice, i  just hope the shift doesn't end in a disaster.

He spend most of the summer in Buffalo doing work and is supposed in his best shape of his life. And he's still brutal.

#23 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 09 October 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

Five years. Wow. I had to do a double take when I heard that on the radio. Honestly, fans, where did we all project Myers to be by now? Surely in the Norris conversation.

Yes.

View PostVanek-Man, on 09 October 2013 - 11:14 PM, said:

I'm sure (i hope) this thread was made as a joke, but the general idea is spot on. Tyler Myers is terrible. He's actually at a point where whenever he's on the ice, i  just hope the shift doesn't end in a disaster.

He spend most of the summer in Buffalo doing work and is supposed in his best shape of his life. And he's still brutal.

You are far from the only one here describing him this way, and certainly it was accurate for parts of last year, but I think it's a substantial exaggeration at this point.  (Although I could see that undeniable brain lock non-play he made on the TB OT winner sending him into a major funk.)

However, I also kinda think the Sabres drafting Risto and Nikita in the first round this year might mean that they aren't too confident anymore in Myers becoming a good #1 defenseman.

#24 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

You are far from the only one here describing him this way, and certainly it was accurate for parts of last year, but I think it's a substantial exaggeration at this point.  (Although I could see that undeniable brain lock non-play he made on the TB OT winner sending him into a major funk.)

However, I also kinda think the Sabres drafting Risto and Nikita in the first round this year might mean that they aren't too confident anymore in Myers becoming a good #1 defenseman.

Good point.  I think so as well.

Personally, I judge all players on value, i.e. how much do they produce relative to their pay.  When people were hammering guys like Hecht and Sulzer on this board, I never joined in.  Those guys are/were at the bottom of the pay scale and aren't/weren't paid to be stars.  Tyler IS paid to be a star on this team.  His cap hit puts him third behind Vanek and Miller.  He is being paid to be a Norris-type guy and obviously isn't producing at that level...

...Of course, Tyler's contract is just another example of Darcy's complete failure as a GM.

#25 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM, said:

Yes.



You are far from the only one here describing him this way, and certainly it was accurate for parts of last year, but I think it's a substantial exaggeration at this point.  (Although I could see that undeniable brain lock non-play he made on the TB OT winner sending him into a major funk.)

However, I also kinda think the Sabres drafting Risto and Nikita in the first round this year might mean that they aren't too confident anymore in Myers becoming a good #1 defenseman.
I don't.  They drafted Risto because they targeted him early as being NHL ready and they needed another solid defender because the pipeline was questionable.  They took Zadorov because he was available.  They didn't think he would be but he was so they took him.  I honestly don't feel they had some grand design for this draft.  If they did have a grand design they would have traded up to Carolina taking Monahan or Lindholm and then drafted a defender at 16.

#26 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 October 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I don't.  They drafted Risto because they targeted him early as being NHL ready and they needed another solid defender because the pipeline was questionable.  They took Zadorov because he was available.  They didn't think he would be but he was so they took him.  I honestly don't feel they had some grand design for this draft.  If they did have a grand design they would have traded up to Carolina taking Monahan or Lindholm and then drafted a defender at 16.

No.  That is what they would've done if their design were the same as yours.

It's quite likely that they surveyed their team and felt like they needed to get bigger and better on D -- i.e. that they were going to move on from Sekera to Pysyk and didn't have much faith in Myers and McNabb.

#27 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 10 October 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

No.  That is what they would've done if their design were the same as yours.

It's quite likely that they surveyed their team and felt like they needed to get bigger and better on D -- i.e. that they were going to move on from Sekera to Pysyk and didn't have much faith in Myers and McNabb.
An they brought in Tallinder and McBain on top of resigning Sulzer.. They wanted Risto (I fully believe they targeted him from the beginning), and Zadorov just happened to be there.  I don't see a plan there.

What is the plan then?  They traded 1 guy and added 5. 6 if you count Pysyk's full time gig.

#28 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,560 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:07 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 October 2013 - 02:48 PM, said:

An they brought in Tallinder and McBain on top of resigning Sulzer.. They wanted Risto (I fully believe they targeted him from the beginning), and Zadorov just happened to be there.  I don't see a plan there.

What is the plan then?  They traded 1 guy and added 5. 6 if you count Pysyk's full time gig.

Well, I think Tallinder was likely brought in because the D corps suddenly got very young and because DR was hoping it would revive Myers, Sulzer was brought in as cheap depth, and DR had to take McBain in the deal to get the 2nd-rounder from Carolina.  Those were all short-term moves that don't really implicate their long-term plan for the D.

I think their long-term plan for the D is:

Ehrhoff & Pysyk -- here for the long haul
Weber -- good team guy, not expensive, plays a hard game and can play 15-20 minutes.  They're glad to keep him for the 3rd pair.
Risto -- possible franchise #1 defenseman and presumably at least a #2-#3 guy.
Nikita -- kind of a wild card but presumably they hope he'll be at least a 2nd pairing guy and in any case a physical force.
Myers -- not giving up on him but not counting on him to be a franchise #1 defenseman anymore -- which means they still need one, which is why they drafted Risto.

#29 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 10 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 10 October 2013 - 03:07 PM, said:

Well, I think Tallinder was likely brought in because the D corps suddenly got very young and because DR was hoping it would revive Myers, Sulzer was brought in as cheap depth, and DR had to take McBain in the deal to get the 2nd-rounder from Carolina.  Those were all short-term moves that don't really implicate their long-term plan for the D.

I think their long-term plan for the D is:

Ehrhoff & Pysyk -- here for the long haul
Weber -- good team guy, not expensive, plays a hard game and can play 15-20 minutes.  They're glad to keep him for the 3rd pair.
Risto -- possible franchise #1 defenseman and presumably at least a #2-#3 guy.
Nikita -- kind of a wild card but presumably they hope he'll be at least a 2nd pairing guy and in any case a physical force.
Myers -- not giving up on him but not counting on him to be a franchise #1 defenseman anymore -- which means they still need one, which is why they drafted Risto.
That does all make sense.  I guess in my biased way I don't trust darcy enough to believe he has a plan.

I used to think Darcy had a plan but now I think he just has some sort of vague notion

#30 dudacek

dudacek

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:High and wide

Posted 10 October 2013 - 10:53 PM

View PostLGR4GM, on 10 October 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

I used to think Darcy had a plan but now I think he just has some sort of vague notion

thanks for the new sig. :clapping:

#31 716

716

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm thinking Darcy got Ristoleinen and Zadorov as a hedge against Myers and others who might not be working out. Myers confidence as a d-man is shot unfortunately. He's doing a lot of standing around at crucial times. Weber, who is also prone to stupid mistakes does not help as his partner...They are awful together. I'd try Myers as a forward for awhile because he seems clueless at D. I like the fact that Weber and Ott are like brothers but I don't think Weber's all that good and Ott, who shouldn't be on the top line w Vanek-Hodgson, is playing as if he's already elsewhere.

#32 Moulson26

Moulson26

    Blood and Guts

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 10 October 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

No.  That is what they would've done if their design were the same as yours.

It's quite likely that they surveyed their team and felt like they needed to get bigger and better on D -- i.e. that they were going to move on from Sekera to Pysyk and didn't have much faith in Myers and McNabb.

Exactly. Scoring is a problem, and they have several kids in the system and 4 picks in the top 60 next year to add more to the forward pool, but the Sabres inability to be tough to play against was just as big of a concern as it is scoring. Teams had no problems playing against us. Required minimal work. Adding some big, tough kids on defense, getting rid of some softer players (Sekera) was all the right moves. If the players turn out what we expect them to be is another thing but the mindset was right on. In today's NHL, you need to be tough to play against and solid puck movers so once you do create the turnover, you start your attack.

Puck possession is such a great state and translates really well to winning teams, which is common sense if you think about it. The less time in your own zone, the less chances teams get, thus, the more time you spend peppering the opponents goalie on the other side.

#33 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

He's gotta go.  I like him more than most but he's so lost right now.  Just move him and be done with it.

#34 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

View Postinkman, on 10 October 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

He's gotta go.  I like him more than most but he's so lost right now.  Just move him and be done with it.
yup.  darcy overpayed him and to me Tyler Myers is not smart enough to take his talent and parlay that into a high quality of play on the ice.

#35 (E5)

(E5)

    Eklund's Rumors Are False (e5)

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 685 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

Use the compliance buyout on Myers.

Oh wait, Darcy will find some 800K guy to use that on again next season.

#36 Potato

Potato

    Take Off

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,322 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nashville

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

View Post(E5), on 11 October 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Use the compliance buyout on Myers.

Oh wait, Darcy will find some 800K guy to use that on again next season.

Well, I'd rather have a guy suck for $800,000 than suck with a $5.5 million cap hit!   :P

#37 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,356 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

View Post(E5), on 11 October 2013 - 01:38 PM, said:

Use the compliance buyout on Myers.

Oh wait, Darcy will find some 800K guy to use that on again next season.
I assume you mean Gerbe... from all reports they used a regular buyout on gerbe meaning they still have 2 compliance outs.

#38 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

    Resistance is futile

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,029 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Want to get depressed, even more depressed I mean? Go look at the list of Calder Trophy winners. Of course that begs the question as to how good those winners were five years out. And this one: is Myers the biggest Calder Trophy bust in decades?

FYI, here's how the voting went, per SBNation.com:

1. Tyler Myers, BUF 1178 (94-29-5-3-1)
2. Jimmy Howard, DET 778 (24-45-34-16-5)
3. Matt Duchene, COL 755 (12-42-53-25-1)
4. Tuukka Rask, BOS 339 (2-14-19-31-33)
5. John Tavares, NYI 303 (0-2-18-50-49)
6. Niclas Bergfors, ATL 30 (0-0-2-2-14)
7. Jamie Benn, DAL 20 (0-0-1-2-9)
8. Michael Del Zotto, NYR 15 (0-1-0-0-8)
9. Victor Hedman, T.B. 6 (0-0-1-0-1)
10. Evander Kane, ATL 6 (0-0-0-1-3)
11. Johnny Boychuk, BOS 3 (0-0-0-1-0)
Cody Franson, NSH 3 (0-0-0-1-0)
13. T.J. Galiardi, COL 3 (0-0-0-0-3)
James van Riemsdyk, PHI 3 (0-0-0-0-3)
15. Tyler Bozak, TOR 2 (0-0-0-0-2)

#39 Heimdall

Heimdall

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brussels, Belgium

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

I think on a good team he will be a good defender, but on a team lacking quality up front and needing leadership, he isn't the one that can give us a boost.
So yeah trade him to another team for a good forward.

#40 sabre snipe

sabre snipe

    Fourth Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

wasnt chara traded twice? didnt he suck until he was like 26-27? serious questions, just asking, but I have not given up ALL hope yet. doesnt look good though