167 replies to this topic

#1 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 04:52 PM

I've been non stop watching the show over and over and listening to the insider podcasts or a month now.  Finally:
Posted Image

#2 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 06:14 PM

Final season. It's going to be out of control.

#3 WildCard

WildCard

I haven't slept for 10 days, because that would be too much.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Started catching up this week to prepare; really sucks that it's the last season, gonna miss White and "Yeah!Science Bitch!"

#4 Neo

Neo

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

I arrive late to some parties, it seems.

Two years ago, my kids gave me the complete "The Sopranos" collection.  I devoured it.

I am now half way through "Game of Thrones".  A colleague loaned it to me.  I'm hooked.

I have put off "Breaking Bad", in large part because my kids call me Heisenberg.  When I ask if that's good or bad, they say "you'll see".

Soon, very soon ...

Edited by Neo, 04 August 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#5 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Makin' it rain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:41 PM

View PostNeo, on 04 August 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Two years ago, my kids gave me the complete "The Sopranos" collection.  I devoured it.

I am now half way through "Game of Thrones".  A colleague loaned it to me.  I'm hooked.

I have put off "Breaking Bad", in large part because my kids call me Heisenberg.  When I ask if that's good or bad, they say "you'll see".

Soon, very soon ...

Don't you dare watch the final season before you catch up.

#6 Neo

Neo

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:40 AM

No, no, I won't.   I start at beginnings!

#7 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostNeo, on 05 August 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

No, no, I won't.   I start at beginnings!

Strap it on tight. I guarantee this will be one of your favorite TV drama rides ever. It's a superlative show in EVERY respect.

#8 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

A few months ago my neighbor asked me for a Netflix recommendation.  I told him Breaking Bad.  He asked for others and I told him no, just Breaking Bad.  I saw him about a week later and he had to "thank" me for the resulting sleep deprivation for he and his wife.

I discovered the show by accident while channel surfing during season one and I flipped to AMC just at the climax of the bathtub scene at Jesse's house.

#9 BuffaninATL

BuffaninATL

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostNeo, on 04 August 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Soon, very soon ...

To be called Heisenberg by one's children is a badge of honor, IMO ......he is the king

View PostBuffaninATL, on 05 August 2013 - 11:36 AM, said:

To be called Heisenberg by one's children is a badge of honor, IMO ......he is the king

**just note my screen profile photo

#10 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

View Postd4rksabre, on 04 August 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

Final season. It's going to be out of control.
I bet at least 6 out of the 8 episodes are going to be crazier than any episode previously released.  It's gonna be a dead sprint to the finish.

I've watched this teaser about ~20 times and I get chills at "look on my works, ye mighty, and despair" every single time.  Bryan Cranston you are so sexy.

#11 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:33 PM

I read somewhere that the ending is gonna be that Walter goes into the witness protection program and in the final scene he is shown waking up as the dad on 'Malcom in the Middle.'

#12 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,741 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

Maybe everyone should give his/her prediction as to what happens at the end?

I will predict that the older son gets hurt or killed and the wife, blaming Walter, kills him.

How's that for uplifting?

#13 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 06 August 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Maybe everyone should give his/her prediction as to what happens at the end?

I will predict that the older son gets hurt or killed and the wife, blaming Walter, kills him.

How's that for uplifting?
I was thinking about this earlier, and I would absolutely love it if Skyler got to exact revenge on Walt for ruining her life.

I can't conjure up a prediction, as the show is just too damned unpredictable, but I want to see how Lydia and Meth Damon play a role in Walt's downfall.  I also want to see Lydia and Walt hook up, because those two are just too similar.  They both are pretty damned good at getting people not to kill them, and they use their kids as an excuse.

Friends of mine have also suggested that Jr. will be revealed to be on the blue.  It would certainly give meaning to how many times he excuses himself from the house to go hang with Louis.  On the other hand, it would make perfect sense for nothing to come from this as well.  Just teenagers hanging out.

Edited by qwksndmonster, 06 August 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#14 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostK-9, on 06 August 2013 - 05:33 PM, said:

I read somewhere that the ending is gonna be that Walter goes into the witness protection program and in the final scene he is shown waking up as the dad on 'Malcom in the Middle.'

Even if that's not the ending, it will be for me. :lol:

#15 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

As for my prediction, I think Jesse finally kills Walt and then goes into witness protection after blowing the whole thing open to Hank. Hank then has to arrest his own sister and Junior kills himself. Also I think Skyler kills Marie on accident in there somewhere just to keep the blows coming to Hank. Hank and Jesse end up being the last men standing though.

#16 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,978 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:19 PM

That is awesome. The Bob Newhart ending.

#17 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:04 AM

I am Gustavo kill? Swamp did you mistake Sabre space with /r/circlejerk?

My top 5 episode endings:

5) Season 1 Episode 5 "Gray Matter"
This is the second time an episode ends with no music (the first being "Skyler, I have to tell you something." in episode 3). Walt goes over to Jesse's house after agreeing to go through treatment and says "Wanna cook?" What a way to jolt the audience with excitement after 2 White family oriented episodes.

4) Season 3 Episode 4 "Green Light"
Victor throws Walt half of Jesse's money at a stoplight. I think my love for this ending is tied in heavily with my love for "The Valley of the Sun" by Buddy Stuart, a song that very few people would know about today if it wasn't for Breaking Bad (I certainly wouldn't). "The two of us are one" lyric (Walt/Heisenberg) was a nice touch. That last organ chord along with the shot of the green light gives me chills every time. I love the tonal dissonance of the song and the clandestine activities the green light is alluding to. Reminds me a lot of the effect of the music in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

3) Season 3 Episode 7 "One Minute"
After Hank kills Marco Salamanca, the shot of the entire parking lot with the only sound being the blaring car alarm is stunning. The first time I saw it I said "Holy ######!" aloud about 3 times.

2) Season 3 Episode 10 "Fly" and Season 5 Episode 4 "Fifty One"
They were too similar, so I copped out and put them both here. Fly is a haunting silent ending where Walt looks up from his bed to see the symbol of his guilt (and main antagonist of the episode) sitting on the flashing red light of the smoke detector. Fifty One ends with Walt much more relaxed in his own bed, while the camera does an extreme close up on the second hand ticking on his watch. The last two ticks sound like a gun cocking. The first time I watched it, I thought it was just Walter's time ticking away. Then I remembered Mike's "You're a time bomb, tick tick ticking." Add that to the fact that the watch is sitting on The Leaves of Grass, and you have one of the most meaningful endings of any episode in the series.

1) Season 4 Episode 11 "Crawl Space"
I have never experienced a scene that scares me so much the 7th time I watched it. Walt's madness, Skyler's terrified face, Marie's voice on the answering machine, and the sound track create a moment of sheer sublime terror. This scene, coupled with the gun spinning scene set to "We are Born When We Die" by Apollo Sunshine in the beginning of episode 12 are just beautiful.

Edited by qwksndmonster, 07 August 2013 - 02:05 AM.

#18 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

I won't make any specific predictions other than to say that Walt will not be killed or die, but rather he will see his family and friends suffer the consequences of his actions. A fate worse than death.

Saul is one of my favorite characters, and apparently a spinoff featuring him is a possibility.  That would ease the pain of BB going away a bit.

Better Call Saul

#19 UncleWally

UncleWally

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:04 PM

Why has it taken this long for a Breaking Bad thread to develop here?? It's been fantastic for five years running.

#20 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,711 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostUncleWally, on 07 August 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

Why has it taken this long for a Breaking Bad thread to develop here?? It's been fantastic for five years running.

Attached File  bad.jpg   141.22K   8 downloads

#21 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Or as Tim Whatley...

#22 K-9

K-9

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,836 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 07 August 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

My top 5 episode endings:

5) Season 1 Episode 5 "Gray Matter"
This is the second time an episode ends with no music (the first being "Skyler, I have to tell you something." in episode 3). Walt goes over to Jesse's house after agreeing to go through treatment and says "Wanna cook?" What a way to jolt the audience with excitement after 2 White family oriented episodes.

4) Season 3 Episode 4 "Green Light"
Victor throws Walt half of Jesse's money at a stoplight. I think my love for this ending is tied in heavily with my love for "The Valley of the Sun" by Buddy Stuart, a song that very few people would know about today if it wasn't for Breaking Bad (I certainly wouldn't). "The two of us are one" lyric (Walt/Heisenberg) was a nice touch. That last organ chord along with the shot of the green light gives me chills every time. I love the tonal dissonance of the song and the clandestine activities the green light is alluding to. Reminds me a lot of the effect of the music in Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

3) Season 3 Episode 7 "One Minute"
After Hank kills Marco Salamanca, the shot of the entire parking lot with the only sound being the blaring car alarm is stunning. The first time I saw it I said "Holy ######!" aloud about 3 times.

2) Season 3 Episode 10 "Fly" and Season 5 Episode 4 "Fifty One"
They were too similar, so I copped out and put them both here. Fly is a haunting silent ending where Walt looks up from his bed to see the symbol of his guilt (and main antagonist of the episode) sitting on the flashing red light of the smoke detector. Fifty One ends with Walt much more relaxed in his own bed, while the camera does an extreme close up on the second hand ticking on his watch. The last two ticks sound like a gun cocking. The first time I watched it, I thought it was just Walter's time ticking away. Then I remembered Mike's "You're a time bomb, tick tick ticking." Add that to the fact that the watch is sitting on The Leaves of Grass, and you have one of the most meaningful endings of any episode in the series.

1) Season 4 Episode 11 "Crawl Space"
I have never experienced a scene that scares me so much the 7th time I watched it. Walt's madness, Skyler's terrified face, Marie's voice on the answering machine, and the sound track create a moment of sheer sublime terror. This scene, coupled with the gun spinning scene set to "We are Born When We Die" by Apollo Sunshine in the beginning of episode 12 are just beautiful.

Great stuff here. Nice to see such an elegant appreciation for this show. Lots of tasty food for thought. Thanks.

#23 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:15 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 07 August 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

Oops nevermind.  That's probably just an awesome Wiener alias.

#24 CallawaySabres

CallawaySabres

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,138 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 09:11 AM

Just watched episode 1 season 1 last night. Can't wait to follow this bad boy. I am officially hooked on Breaking Bad (finally), Sons Of Anarchy, Vikings, Bates Motel and Million Dollar Listing NY (something about that show just motivates me in a good sales way).

#25 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostCallawaySabres, on 08 August 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Just watched episode 1 season 1 last night. Can't wait to follow this bad boy. I am officially hooked on Breaking Bad (finally), Sons Of Anarchy, Vikings, Bates Motel and Million Dollar Listing NY (something about that show just motivates me in a good sales way).
One of us. One of us.  Now stay away from this thread until you're caught up, chump!

#26 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

It's happening!

#27 WildCard

WildCard

I haven't slept for 10 days, because that would be too much.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

hahaha nice one

I read one that says Walt's entire endeavor is just a highly elaborate scheme to get Jessie to learn chemistry.

There's also the one that asks what if it took place in Canada:
Walt: So, I have cancer?
Dr.: Yes...treatment begins next week, you're all set.
End of show

#28 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't think Walt has cancer. He's bullshitting.  And oh my god that last scene gave me tingles.  Walt was calm the whole time, and then "Tread lightly."

#29 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Classic bad guy mistake by Walt though. You always kill your enemy when you have the chance.

#30 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:32 AM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 11 August 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I don't think Walt has cancer. He's bullshitting.  And oh my god that last scene gave me tingles.  Walt was calm the whole time, and then "Tread lightly."

They showed him taking his chemo in the one scene.  Plus if you watched Talking Bad last night they had Vince Gilligan on and he talked about Walt's cancer returning.

#31 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,252 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 07 August 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Or as Tim Whatley...

Oh geez, wasn't he also the annoying neighbor in The King of Queens?

#32 nfreeman

nfreeman

All I want is everything you got.

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,741 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Holy mackerel that was a great episode last night.

#33 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

View Postnfreeman, on 12 August 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Holy mackerel that was a great episode last night.

They sure didn't waste any time getting things rolling. No more character development is going to mean a sprint to the finish line.

#34 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 12 August 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

They showed him taking his chemo in the one scene.  Plus if you watched Talking Bad last night they had Vince Gilligan on and he talked about Walt's cancer returning.
I fully believe Walt would take chemo to make his family think the cancer's back.  Something was just so off about the way he told Hank that he's "fighting like hell."

That Star Trek scene was likely the last hurrah of Skinny Pete and Badger.  And Spock is like "How is this Russian defeating me?"

#35 sabills

sabills

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'm trying not to read anything here as I'm not caught up. I just finished season 4 last night. I'll admit, despite the fact that some here will probably shoot me, I wasn't really hooked until the second half of that season. I also think Walt is a sniveling little crybaby, not a badass, but that's probably just me, too, haha.

#36 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,369 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

View Postsabills, on 13 August 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

I'm trying not to read anything here as I'm not caught up. I just finished season 4 last night. I'll admit, despite the fact that some here will probably shoot me, I wasn't really hooked until the second half of that season. I also think Walt is a sniveling little crybaby, not a badass, but that's probably just me, too, haha.

Haha actually that's really what you're supposed to think about him. Sorta like how you're not really supposed to like Don Draper in Mad Men either. Remember, he's just some a-hole drug dealer when it comes down to it.

#37 SabresMojo

SabresMojo

Pegula Power!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think the series finale will be a cliff hanger.
Every other episode has some sort of hanging question that doesn't make sense and leaves fans wondering  and it's not a small, nagging thought either.
Vince said that he believes he and his writers got it right at the end.

Something makes me think that Walt gets in a final showdown with Hank, just due to the scenes that fast forward ahead to Walt on his 52nd birthday.

#38 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Actually Ville Leino

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostSabresMojo, on 13 August 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I think the series finale will be a cliff hanger.
Every other episode has some sort of hanging question that doesn't make sense and leaves fans wondering  and it's not a small, nagging thought either.
Vince said that he believes he and his writers got it right at the end.

Something makes me think that Walt gets in a final showdown with Hank, just due to the scenes that fast forward ahead to Walt on his 52nd birthday.
To the bolded: NFW.  Not gonna happen.  The show will have an absolute resolution.  Gilligan and the actors have made this very clear.

There may be some lose ends with minor characters (I mean Saul's gonna have a freakin' spinoff (maybe)), but the main story line will be pretty cut and dry.

#39 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,983 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 11 August 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

That last scene is a microcosm of the whole series.  Walt gets out of his car as the jovial Mr. White we knew in season one as he jokes around with the DEA guys as they are leaving, and by the end of the scene he is full blown Heisenberg.  Great stuff.

#40 BuffaninATL

BuffaninATL

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 09:39 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 13 August 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Haha actually that's really what you're supposed to think about him. Sorta like how you're not really supposed to like Don Draper in Mad Men either. Remember, he's just some a-hole drug dealer when it comes down to it.

If this is really your opinion then you are incredibly myopic and don't see the complexity of Walt.....but maybe you are just being sarcastic ??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off topic, Breaking Bad, tv