Jump to content


Sabres Prospect Zemgus Girgensons


  • Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#1 carpandean

carpandean

    If it ain't worth making a chart, it ain't worth saying.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Really think this kid is going to be a great player, so I feel we should have a thread about him.














:P

#2 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,893 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

I think he's an alien.

#3 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,900 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

He looked really good in the highlights I saw from the game.  I have high hopes for him. He has some attitude and some serious drive, I like it.

#4 K-9

K-9

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

When I heard the story of how he was STILL blocking shots when his team was down by 11 goals, that's all I needed to know about the cut of this kids jib. He can't get in the locker room and assert a leadership role fast enough.

GO SABRES!!!

#5 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Ban.

#6 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

So are people getting ahead of themselves with Girgensons, based on a Gragnani-like sample size? People I respect are penciling him into the lineup in the top-6, and Matt Coller who I also respect has demanded he be in the lineup. I'm excited about him too, but I think we need to take a deep breath and remember a year ago he was in the USHL and spent the vast majority of the year in Rochester playing wing in sheltered minutes.

#7 weave

weave

    Self-appointed Expert

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,178 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:in your head

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Is there where the parallel universe resides?

#8 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

View Postweave, on 25 July 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

Is there where the parallel universe resides?

Yes. I decided the other universe was a lost cause.

#9 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

    Ass. Player Agent

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,800 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Fracking Shanahan's house

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

He just seems to have a lot of fun playing hockey. And he back checks.

#10 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,739 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, UK

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 25 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

So are people getting ahead of themselves with Girgensons, based on a Gragnani-like sample size? People I respect are penciling him into the lineup in the top-6, and Matt Coller who I also respect has demanded he be in the lineup. I'm excited about him too, but I think we need to take a deep breath and remember a year ago he was in the USHL and spent the vast majority of the year in Rochester playing wing in sheltered minutes.

He is the new Foligno. By the end of preseason people will be demanding he is made captain to lead the new core. He has that exciting all round good but not excellent at anything style that folks here love. I would rather we slowed his development and had him top line centre, playing all situations for 20 minutes in the A than on the 3rd/4th line playing 12 (a.k.a. The Foligno) here.

I think Grigo was rushed because fans really want stars on this team. They want that name to rally around and they want that guy who can be your best player, play all situations and be the captain (Toews). I think we have the guys to do it, but we need to let them learn to play those roles in the AHL before the NHL. Not to mention, we have all said Grigo's biggest development hindrance is that he is not ready for the NHL but too good for the CHL. Well i imagine it will be the same with Girgs

#11 K-9

K-9

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:28 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 25 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

He just seems to have a lot of fun playing hockey. And he back checks.

Does he "over" backcheck? Miller doesn't like that.

GO SABRES!!!

#12 dudacek

dudacek

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,396 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:High and wide

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

First line on Rochester please, unless he absolutely forces his way into 15 minutes a game here.
And I will admit to prematurely projecting this guy as Ryan Kesler.

Gotta have some kind of hope to cling to.

#13 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

    This pleases Nikita

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,893 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Girgensons is ready to go. Unleash the beast.

#14 biodork

biodork

    I love lamp.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,291 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:central PA

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

View PostThirtyEight, on 25 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

He is the new Foligno. By the end of preseason people will be demanding he is made captain to lead the new core. He has that exciting all round good but not excellent at anything style that folks here love. I would rather we slowed his development and had him top line centre, playing all situations for 20 minutes in the A than on the 3rd/4th line playing 12 (a.k.a. The Foligno) here.

I think Grigo was rushed because fans really want stars on this team. They want that name to rally around and they want that guy who can be your best player, play all situations and be the captain (Toews). I think we have the guys to do it, but we need to let them learn to play those roles in the AHL before the NHL. Not to mention, we have all said Grigo's biggest development hindrance is that he is not ready for the NHL but too good for the CHL. Well i imagine it will be the same with Girgs

In that case, I look forward to the day when someone here has the handle "GirgensonsJock".  :nana:

#15 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

    Poop Flavored Lollypop

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,900 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tanking it Old School

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 25 July 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

So are people getting ahead of themselves with Girgensons, based on a Gragnani-like sample size? People I respect are penciling him into the lineup in the top-6, and Matt Coller who I also respect has demanded he be in the lineup. I'm excited about him too, but I think we need to take a deep breath and remember a year ago he was in the USHL and spent the vast majority of the year in Rochester playing wing in sheltered minutes.
Yea I agree that we are ahead of ourselves with him.  I agree with some other posters here that he should be playing 18-20mins a night on the Amerks top line.  He should spend the entire season there playing in all situations and never once be called up to Buffalo regardless of injuries and how he progresses.  Next season, unleash the beast.

Honestly I really want to see Girgensons play all season with Catenacci.  Those two should be able to light it up.  Larsson should be the 2nd line Center or Girgensons other winger.  Let us start building chemistry now with these guys and see if they can tear up the AHL.  Lots of time to let them develop.  19/20yr olds can sit in the AHL for a year or two more, learn to be pros.

#16 Eleven

Eleven

    All Star

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Buffalo

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostThirtyEight, on 25 July 2013 - 06:12 PM, said:

He is the new Foligno. By the end of preseason people will be demanding he is made captain to lead the new core. He has that exciting all round good but not excellent at anything style that folks here love. I would rather we slowed his development and had him top line centre, playing all situations for 20 minutes in the A than on the 3rd/4th line playing 12 (a.k.a. The Foligno) here.

I think Grigo was rushed because fans really want stars on this team. They want that name to rally around and they want that guy who can be your best player, play all situations and be the captain (Toews). I think we have the guys to do it, but we need to let them learn to play those roles in the AHL before the NHL. Not to mention, we have all said Grigo's biggest development hindrance is that he is not ready for the NHL but too good for the CHL. Well i imagine it will be the same with Girgs

Grigo was rushed because the team was bereft of centers and still is.

#17 LTS

LTS

    Who's next?

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mendon, NY (by way of Tonawanda)

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostSpndnchz, on 25 July 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

He just seems to have a lot of fun playing hockey. And he back checks.

Hopefully he'll front check, the NHL has been cracking down on hits from... ooooooh nevermind :)

For me personally, I knew he would always be the teams savior.  It was that time when he walked over to Fort Erie without using the Peace Bridge.

#18 Heimdall

Heimdall

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brussels, Belgium

Posted 26 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

All bow down for Zemgus :worthy:

#19 Andrew Amerk

Andrew Amerk

    Heart Means Everything.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostHeimdall, on 26 July 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

All bow down for Zemgus :worthy:

I know, right?

Remember when everyone was drooling over Z. Kassian?

Now, there's a new Z.

#20 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,845 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

View PostAndrew Amerk, on 26 July 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

I know, right?

Remember when everyone was drooling over Z. Kassian?

Now, there's a new Z.

It used to appear Kassian had that fire in his eye. I'm not sure what happened along the way. They talk about consistency and maturity n shite. It appears now that Zemgus has that same fire plus a work ethic and desire that I'm not sure I remember them saying about Zack. Man I hope he's the real deal.

#21 K-9

K-9

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

View Postbunomatic, on 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

It used to appear Kassian had that fire in his eye. I'm not sure what happened along the way. They talk about consistency and maturity n shite. It appears now that Zemgus has that same fire plus a work ethic and desire that I'm not sure I remember them saying about Zack. Man I hope he's the real deal.

Lindy beat him with a hockey stick and then made him dress up in high heels and stockings. Took away his manhood.

GO SABRES!!!

#22 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,635 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostK-9, on 27 July 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

Lindy beat him with a hockey stick and then made him dress up in high heels and stockings. Took away his manhood.

GO SABRES!!!
:)

#23 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

    Swords Forever

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postbunomatic, on 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

It used to appear Kassian had that fire in his eye. I'm not sure what happened along the way. They talk about consistency and maturity n shite. It appears now that Zemgus has that same fire plus a work ethic and desire that I'm not sure I remember them saying about Zack. Man I hope he's the real deal.
The NHL competition level is what happened to Kassian, and it will happen to all of our prospects, sooner or later.

I can fully understand the desire to view prospects as "NHL ready" or "prepared to play the role at the NHL level" but the truth of the matter is the compete level league wide from the AHL on through to the CHL, USHL and various other leagues both here and over seas isn't nearly as intense, quick and skilled as the NHL level.

Don't expect greatness from any of our current prospects, it'll be a huge let down, to all fans. Instead, keep your expectations tempered with the reality of transitioning to a much faster game with highly skilled and experienced players who will undoubtedly expose weaknesses in the young kids game across the board.

In short, we are in for a heavy learning curve, let's not get ahead of ourselves here......................

Edited by HopefulFuture, 27 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.


#24 bunomatic

bunomatic

    bunomatic

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,845 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nanaimo,B.C.,Canada

Posted 27 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostHopefulFuture, on 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

The NHL competition level is what happened to Kassian, and it will happen to all of our prospects, sooner or later.

I can fully understand the desire to view prospects as "NHL ready" or "prepared to play the role at the NHL level" but the truth of the matter is the compete level league wide from the AHL on through to the CHL, USHL and various other leagues both here and over seas isn't nearly as intense, quick and skilled as the NHL level.

Don't expect greatness from any of our current prospects, it'll be a huge let down, to all fans. Instead, keep your expectations tempered with the reality of transitioning to a much faster game with highly skilled and experienced players who will undoubtedly expose weaknesses in the young kids game across the board.

In short, we are in for a heavy learning curve, let's not get ahead of ourselves here......................

You're right but every teams prospects go through the same learning curve. Some of them shine. Hopefully we'll find a diamond in the rough with a few of ours.

#25 nfreeman

nfreeman

    All I want is everything you got.

  • SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,906 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brooklyn

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Zemgus = John Connor.

#26 Heimdall

Heimdall

    Third Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brussels, Belgium

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostHopefulFuture, on 27 July 2013 - 04:51 PM, said:

The NHL competition level is what happened to Kassian, and it will happen to all of our prospects, sooner or later.

I can fully understand the desire to view prospects as "NHL ready" or "prepared to play the role at the NHL level" but the truth of the matter is the compete level league wide from the AHL on through to the CHL, USHL and various other leagues both here and over seas isn't nearly as intense, quick and skilled as the NHL level.

Don't expect greatness from any of our current prospects, it'll be a huge let down, to all fans. Instead, keep your expectations tempered with the reality of transitioning to a much faster game with highly skilled and experienced players who will undoubtedly expose weaknesses in the young kids game across the board.

In short, we are in for a heavy learning curve, let's not get ahead of ourselves here......................

Nah i'd rather stay on my cloud k thx :D

#27 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postnfreeman, on 27 July 2013 - 11:11 PM, said:

Zemgus = John Connor.

He must live.

#28 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

    #39 - Greatest of All-Time.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,269 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

View Postbunomatic, on 27 July 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

You're right but every teams prospects go through the same learning curve. Some of them shine. Hopefully we'll find a diamond in the rough with a few of ours.
The problem is that we are talking about prospects here with the Sabres who will not have the luxury of stepping into a situation where they will be afforded time to find their way. It's a different scenario to flood the roster with rookies than it is adding a rookie or two to a roster of established NHL talent.

#29 HopefulFuture

HopefulFuture

    Swords Forever

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

View Postdeluca67, on 28 July 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

The problem is that we are talking about prospects here with the Sabres who will not have the luxury of stepping into a situation where they will be afforded time to find their way. It's a different scenario to flood the roster with rookies than it is adding a rookie or two to a roster of established NHL talent.

Unfortunately, you are correct and it's something that I think on as the new season approaches. How are these young kids going to get acclimated to the NHL game in a smooth transition with so many of them so young?
My fingers are crossed that we do find a diamond in the rough or 2, but I also realize with all of this youth being injected at one time it is going to take a couple of season for chemistry to be found.
But hey, I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if they started kicking ass right out of the gate due to pure compete hunger within themselves.

#30 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

    #39 - Greatest of All-Time.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,269 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:31 AM

View PostHopefulFuture, on 28 July 2013 - 08:45 AM, said:

Unfortunately, you are correct and it's something that I think on as the new season approaches. How are these young kids going to get acclimated to the NHL game in a smooth transition with so many of them so young?
My fingers are crossed that we do find a diamond in the rough or 2, but I also realize with all of this youth being injected at one time it is going to take a couple of season for chemistry to be found.
But hey, I'd be more than pleasantly surprised if they started kicking ass right out of the gate due to pure compete hunger within themselves.
I'd like to see how these young kids handle adversity. The previous "core" folded under the slightest adversity. That is a trait that must be eliminated.

#31 K-9

K-9

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,892 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

View Postdeluca67, on 28 July 2013 - 09:31 AM, said:

I'd like to see how these young kids handle adversity. The previous "core" folded under the slightest adversity. That is a trait that must be eliminated.

^This.

And I get the impression "folding" is not an option for Girgensons. If he won't fold when he's down by 11 goals, he's not gonna when the outcome is still in doubt. My hope is that he won't tolerate that in others, like Drury. I want him throwing the boom box out of the locker room, yanking earphones off of heads to get their attention. And I see nobody in the locker room that currently holds such sway that he would be reluctant to do so.

GO SABRES!!!

#32 Bullwinkle III

Bullwinkle III

    Top Prospect

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Amherst

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

View PostAndrew Amerk, on 26 July 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Remember when everyone was drooling over Z. Kassian?

Now, there's a new Z.

View Postbunomatic, on 27 July 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

It used to appear Kassian had that fire in his eye. I'm not sure what happened along the way. They talk about consistency and maturity n shite. It appears now that Zemgus has that same fire plus a work ethic and desire that I'm not sure I remember them saying about Zack. Man I hope he's the real deal.

No one likes an "I told you so!" but I can't resist.  Everyone dumped on me when I complained so loudly when the Sabres' drafted this guy.  In fact I turned off the TV in disgust when it happened, something I have never done.  I told everyone that he was nothing but a thug and that we should have drafted Kulikov instead.

History may still prove me wrong, but I don't think so.

Edited by Bullwinkle III, 28 July 2013 - 03:26 PM.


#33 carpandean

carpandean

    If it ain't worth making a chart, it ain't worth saying.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 28 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostBullwinkle III, on 28 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

Everyone dumped on me when I complained so loudly when the Sabres' drafted this guy.  In fact I turned off the TV in disgust when it happened, something I have never done.  I told everyone that he was nothing but a thug and that we should have drafted Kulikov instead.

I don't know about everyone else, but for me, that had as much to do with Kuilikov as it did with Kassian.  I wasn't and am not that high on him.  Yes, he looked like he would be a good defenseman and is progressing that way, but he wasn't/isn't exciting enough for me to pass up what Kassian might have (and still might) become.  Fast forward several years, I wouldn't trade Hodgson for Kuilikov, so it's still not a problem for me.

Edited by carpandean, 28 July 2013 - 07:16 PM.


#34 wonderbread

wonderbread

    Caveat emptor

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,034 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostIKnowPhysics, on 28 July 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

He must live.
Skynet must fall.

#35 inkman

inkman

    Fledgling Member of TSC

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,635 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Fairport

Posted 29 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

View PostBullwinkle III, on 28 July 2013 - 03:05 PM, said:

No one likes an "I told you so!" but I can't resist.  Everyone dumped on me when I complained so loudly when the Sabres' drafted this guy.  In fact I turned off the TV in disgust when it happened, something I have never done.  I told everyone that he was nothing but a thug and that we should have drafted Kulikov instead.

History may still prove me wrong, but I don't think so.
I'll take a power forward or a scoring center (which is what we ended up with) everytime over a puck moving defenseman.  Especially on this team where there seems to be a never ending supply of the soft skilled Dmen.

#36 carpandean

carpandean

    If it ain't worth making a chart, it ain't worth saying.

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,729 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Rochester, NY

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

View Postinkman, on 29 July 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

a never ending supply of the soft skilled Dmen.

In all fairness, Kuilikov does like to hit (84 in 34GP this year and 104 in 58GP last year.)  I'm sure GoDD could tell you how many of our defensemen you'd have to add up to get that.  

I'm not saying that I wouldn't take Kuilikov; I just agree with inkman that I was/am more interested in what Kassian's and Hodgson's could potentially become than what he could.

Edited by carpandean, 29 July 2013 - 09:02 AM.


#37 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:02 AM

View Postdeluca67, on 28 July 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

The problem is that we are talking about prospects here with the Sabres who will not have the luxury of stepping into a situation where they will be afforded time to find their way. It's a different scenario to flood the roster with rookies than it is adding a rookie or two to a roster of established NHL talent.

That's how you build a contender, according to Darcy.

I find it amusing that the media apparently hasn't asked him why it didn't work the first time he tried it, and why we now need to "rebuild", and dump our late-twenties core players, who should be peaking right about now?

Edited by Kristian, 30 July 2013 - 05:03 AM.


#38 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:19 AM

View PostKristian, on 30 July 2013 - 05:02 AM, said:

That's how you build a contender, according to Darcy.

I find it amusing that the media apparently hasn't asked him why it didn't work the first time he tried it, and why we now need to "rebuild", and dump our late-twenties core players, who should be peaking right about now?

I'm far from a Darcy apologist, but just because an approach didn't work doesn't mean it can't. Just have to pick the right players and make the right supplemental trades. No, I don't have faith in Regier to do this, but it's not as outrageous way to go about things.

Second point: forwards tend to peak in their early to mid 20s, not their late 20s to early 30s.

#39 Kristian

Kristian

    Second Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,690 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 30 July 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

I'm far from a Darcy apologist, but just because an approach didn't work doesn't mean it can't. Just have to pick the right players and make the right supplemental trades. No, I don't have faith in Regier to do this, but it's not as outrageous way to go about things.

Second point: forwards tend to peak in their early to mid 20s, not their late 20s to early 30s.

You're right, it doesn't.

I just have a hard time seeing how replacing half the roster with rookies is going to be a formula for success, without at least some veterans around who do not answer to the names "Drew Stafford" or "Ville Leino".

Drafting is one thing, developing is something else.

Second point : If you want to split hairs, I said "right about now" :flirt:

#40 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

    First Liner

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,920 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cheektowaga, NY

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostKristian, on 30 July 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

You're right, it doesn't.

I just have a hard time seeing how replacing half the roster with rookies is going to be a formula for success, without at least some veterans around who do not answer to the names "Drew Stafford" or "Ville Leino".

Drafting is one thing, developing is something else.

Second point : If you want to split hairs, I said "right about now" :flirt:

I agree, but right now, there's a fair amount of vets. Which, of course, brings us to your point about whether they're the right vets. Guess it depends on your opinion of Miller, Ehrhoff and Vanek.

And consider the hairs split! :P

Edited by TrueBluePhD, 30 July 2013 - 09:16 AM.