#1521 Josie914

Josie914

Eh, I try

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

We had our performance today!

It went pretty well. I'm effing tired now. 

#1522 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,777 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

:wub:

#1523 MattPie

MattPie

J-Bot, U-Bot, and We-Bot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,209 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hey any tips on couch to 100-mile one-day bike ride in a month? I have a friend that's leading a Hudson River tour in July.
Spoiler

BTW: the carry a toddler in one arm up a really steep trail workout is awesome!

Edited by MattPie, 12 June 2017 - 03:28 PM.

#1524 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

Hey any tips on couch to 100-mile one-day bike ride in a month? I have a friend that's leading a Hudson River tour in July.

Spoiler

BTW: the carry a toddler in one arm up a really steep trail workout is awesome!

Had a couple friends ride from Rome to Buffalo and back one summer. It's about 375 miles. They did it over 2 and a half days. I was unwilling to participate! Lol

Set a new PR today for that segment I mentioned the other day. 16th fastest all time and 6th fastest on the year. I'd bet that in peak condition I could probably shave another 5 or 10 seconds, but number 1 looks pretty unbeatable.

#1525 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:33 PM

Every time I watch one of Jo's trapeze routines, I'm in awe of how incredibly strong you both need to be to pull off those moves!  Amazing.

Meanwhile I took out my bike for the first time since last fall on Sunday and rode for about 2 hours, and all day yesterday my stupid knees hurt.  I'm turning into an old person, dammit.   :(  How is it that I can go snowboarding for 4 hours or hike 10 miles over 6 hours and be fine, but 2 hours on a bike hurts?

#1526 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:56 PM

Every time I watch one of Jo's trapeze routines, I'm in awe of how incredibly strong you both need to be to pull off those moves! Amazing.

Meanwhile I took out my bike for the first time since last fall on Sunday and rode for about 2 hours, and all day yesterday my stupid knees hurt. I'm turning into an old person, dammit. :( How is it that I can go snowboarding for 4 hours or hike 10 miles over 6 hours and be fine, but 2 hours on a bike hurts?

I can play golf all day, hit the gym for an hour, play softball all night and not have a single ache. 45 minutes sitting on a bike and my tuchas does not feel very well.

#1527 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

I can play golf all day, hit the gym for an hour, play softball all night and not have a single ache. 45 minutes sitting on a bike and my tuchas does not feel very well.

That too, lol... but that I at least expected!  I'll never understand how people can ride for hours and hours, multiple days in a row.  I need a few days inbetween to recover, haha.

#1528 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:06 PM

I participated in extreme mountain biking back in the day up until my spinal fusion 14 yrs ago. Got back into some off trail stuff 4-5 years post op but had to go with a wide seat. Maybe my tween was out of shape but I'd sooner think that I was becoming "chronologically ###### up." Still have that 25 yr old Mongoose in the barn.

Every time I watch one of Jo's trapeze routines, I'm in awe of how incredibly strong you both need to be to pull off those moves! Amazing.

Meanwhile I took out my bike for the first time since last fall on Sunday and rode for about 2 hours, and all day yesterday my stupid knees hurt. I'm turning into an old person, dammit. :( How is it that I can go snowboarding for 4 hours or hike 10 miles over 6 hours and be fine, but 2 hours on a bike hurts?

I'm still in great shape for a dude my age but I'll openly admit that 2 hrs on a bike would cause me all sorts of anguish.

#1529 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

I participated in extreme mountain biking back in the day up until my spinal fusion 14 yrs ago. Got back into some off trail stuff 4-5 years post op but had to go with a wide seat. Maybe my tween was out of shape but I'd sooner think that I was becoming "chronologically ###### up." Still have that 25 yr old Mongoose in the barn.

If I'm not muddy at the end of my ride, I did not do it right.

25 year old mongoose, huh? Who do you think you are, Bart Taylor? (over/under is 1.5 persons gets that reference)

#1530 biodork

biodork

I love lamp.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,741 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

I'm still in great shape for a dude my age but I'll openly admit that 2 hrs on a bike would cause me all sorts of anguish.

You guys are making me feel a little better, lol... glad it's not just me!  Doohickie must have the knee and butt equivalent of ink's calves.

Edited by biodork, 13 June 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#1531 iTInSn

iTInSn

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

If I'm not muddy at the end of my ride, I did not do it right.

25 year old mongoose, huh? Who do you think you are, Bart Taylor? (over/under is 1.5 persons gets that reference)

Remember Mongoose pre Walmart? Paid a ton for the bike. Worth every penny. Replaced rims several times but the things I made that bike do are unbelievable. Rims and a new front sprocket. Only replacement parts I ever needed.
I was too poor for bmx when that came out. I still tried it on my sweet banana seat bike though.

#1532 ubkev

ubkev

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 13 June 2017 - 08:52 PM

Remember Mongoose pre Walmart? Paid a ton for the bike. Worth every penny. Replaced rims several times but the things I made that bike do are unbelievable. Rims and a new front sprocket. Only replacement parts I ever needed.
I was too poor for bmx when that came out. I still tried it on my sweet banana seat bike though.

I remember seeing mongoose and schwinn bikes in Walmart a few years ago and remembered how much they cost at bike shops when I was a kid.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Off Topic, Fitness, Sports, Extra Curricular Activities, Workout, Fitness, Waffles