All About Aaron Hernandez

OT bubbalicious

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#1 wjag

wjag

Buffalo Sports -- Dysfunction Junction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

So Gronk has elbow issues and Hernandez has legal issues.  Maybe, just maybe things are looking a bit brighter for Buffalo.

#2 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Battista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

That's sad when the only way the Bills can look better is if their divisional competition loses key personnel.   :lol:

#3 wjag

wjag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:44 AM

Hernandez arrested and subsequently released by Patriots.

#4 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

#39 - Greatest of All-Time.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,215 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

wjag, on 26 June 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Hernandez arrested and subsequently released by Patriots.
I have a strange feeling that this story is going to get more bizarre as details are released.

Edited by deluca67, 26 June 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#5 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

That Nostalgic Olfactory Blend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

I've read that Kraft's chief of security is very connected with the state police -- the thinking is he has some insight on how bad this is going to get.

#6 wjag

wjag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

deluca67, on 26 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

I have a strange feeling that this story is going to get more bizarre as details are released.

That Aud Smell, on 26 June 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

I've read that Kraft's chief of security is very connected with the state police -- the thinking is he has some insight on how bad this is going to get.

The fact that they set an all world tightend on the market certainly suggests this is going to go ugly quick.

#7 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

deluca67, on 26 June 2013 - 10:02 AM, said:

There's virtually no way it can be a mere obstruction charge with the way the arrest went down.  I think they would have allowed him to surrender at the station for that.

#8 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,074 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:35 AM

It's mind boggling how people with such good fortune just piss it away because they need "to keep it real".

#9 drnkirishone

drnkirishone

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,611 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:43 AM

Karma van strikes again?

#10 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

I know it's completely far-fetched, but would it not be interesting to learn that the charge is minor, but that Hernandez asked to be arrested in dramatic fashion so that he would be released and reach free agency?

#11 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Eleven, on 26 June 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

I know it's completely far-fetched, but would it not be interesting to learn that the charge is minor, but that Hernandez asked to be arrested in dramatic fashion so that he would be released and reach free agency?

NO bail so I'm guessing murder charge.

#12 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

Spndnchz, on 26 June 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

NO bail so I'm guessing murder charge.

Oh, just the way he was arrested had me thinking murder charge.

The plot twist enthusiast in me came up with the other nonsense.

#13 wjag

wjag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

The prospect of no all world TEs on NE is certainly changing the odds in the AFC East.

#14 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

wjag, on 26 June 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

The prospect of no all world TEs on NE is certainly changing the odds in the AFC East.

That short quick guy isn't there anymore either right?

#15 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM

Spndnchz, on 26 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Welker? If you mean him, he's in Denver unless you mean Woodhead.  Woodhead is gone too...now with SD.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz, 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#16 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

Spndnchz, on 26 June 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

He's not, but he got replaced with another one, Danny Amendola.

#17 wjag

wjag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,144 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Hernandez is on waivers.  1.323M is all it would cost + the medi circus.

#18 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

26CornerBlitz, on 26 June 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

Welker? If you mean him, he's in Denver unless you mean Woodhead.  Woodhead is gone too...now with SD.

yeah him.

#19 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,472 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Posted Image

#20 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:46 PM

Murder and five gun charges.

#21 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Eleven, on 26 June 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

Murder and five gun charges.

They've got car, cameras, guns, shell casings, tire depressions, texts, and Bubalicious gum.  Everything but him pulling the trigger.

#22 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

Spndnchz, on 26 June 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

They've got car, cameras, guns, shell casings, tire depressions, texts, and Bubalicious gum.  Everything but him pulling the trigger.

There's a reason why Hernandez wasn't a 1st round pick coming out of Florida...Lots of NFL teams avoided this guy because of character concerns.

Wow!!!
@BFeldmanCBS
Prosecutor wants Hernandez held w/o bond on 1st degree murder charge. Even called it EXECUTION as he talked abt the murder.

Retweeted by CBSSports.com

#23 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

He's being held without bail.   Apparently there's video footage that shows Lloyd and Hernandez leaving Hernandez's home,   video footage from the industrial park area where Lloyd was found dead which shows Hernandez's car driving by, then 5 minutes later driving back by - and in that period of time, there are employees of the industrial park who reported hearing gunshots, then  footage of Hernandez returning to his home a short time after the car left the industrial park,  and holding what appears to be a gun in his hand all within a span of an hour or so

If this is true,  even Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden would have a hard time bungling the prosecution.

http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=hp_t1

Edited by Jsixspd, 26 June 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#24 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:02 AM

Jsixspd, on 26 June 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

If this is true,  even Marcia Clark and Christopher Darden would have a hard time bungling the prosecution.

It is a significant pile of evidence already, and who knows - maybe there will be more. But he's got the resources to hire Boston's best criminal defense attorney. There's no murder weapon and there is a presumed lowlife gang member who has rolled on Hernandez and has said Hernandez pulled the trigger. He could very well beat the murder rap.

Of course, he will never play in the NFL again, even if he does avoid a conviction and lengthy sentence.

I'm split 50/50 on whether he takes a plea or goes to trial.

The one thing I had been wondering: They said that the security system had 6-8 hours of footage destroyed. I was thinking that the computer forensic fellas could get after that -- that the data may be out there somewhere, whether recoverable from the drives themselves, the networks of the company that monitors the system, or perhaps a cloud-based solution.

But, thinking about it some more, it strikes me that he didn't delete any of that data (that would've taken, you know, a little bit of computer know-how), he just shut the security system down after they returned, while the cleaning crew visited.

It's proof of the guy's lack of criminal/IT acumen that he "deleted" (or eliminated) portions of his security system's recordings, but not those portions that showed him leaving his house with a gun (and saying "can't trust nobody anymore") and then a trio of people returning to the house, one of whom appeared to have a gun.

Edited by That Aud Smell, 27 June 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#25 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

That Aud Smell, on 27 June 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

[/size]

It is a significant pile of evidence already, and who knows - maybe there will be more. But he's got the resources to hire Boston's best criminal defense attorney. There's no murder weapon and there is a presumed lowlife gang member who has rolled on Hernandez and has said Hernandez pulled the trigger. He could very well beat the murder rap.

Of course, he will never play in the NFL again, even if he does avoid a conviction and lengthy sentence.

I'm split 50/50 on whether he takes a plea or goes to trial.

The one thing I had been wondering: They said that the security system had 6-8 hours of footage destroyed. I was thinking that the computer forensic fellas could get after that -- that the data may be out there somewhere, whether recoverable from the drives themselves, the networks of the company that monitors the system, or perhaps a cloud-based solution.

But, thinking about it some more, it strikes me that he didn't delete any of that data (that would've taken, you know, a little bit of computer know-how), he just shut the security system down after they returned, while the cleaning crew visited.

It's proof of the guy's lack of criminal/IT acumen that he "deleted" (or eliminated) portions of his security system's recordings, but not those portions that showed him leaving his house with a gun (and saying "can't trust nobody anymore") and then a trio of people returning to the house, one of whom appeared to have a gun.

Ray Lewis did just that.  Vick returned after a not insubstantial sentence, as did Burress.  If Hernandez is not found guilty of murder, there's definitely a chance you could see him back in the game.

#26 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Eleven, on 27 June 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Ray Lewis did just that.  Vick returned after a not insubstantial sentence, as did Burress.  If Hernandez is not found guilty of murder, there's definitely a chance you could see him back in the game.

Lewis's case was very different. Stupid bar fight. Boys in his crew were fingered as the perpetrators. Lewis cooperated with the prosecution.

Vick's case more different still -- those were dogs, dog. Burress hurt no one but himself with his stupidity.

Moreover, I believe that none of the incidents underlying those suspensions occurred under the current CBA (which is far tougher when it comes to off-field transgressions) and, at least as far as Lewis goes, the Ginger Hammer wasn't the commissioner.

I'm open to a friendly wager: Hernandez never plays again in the NFL.

#27 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:41 AM

That Aud Smell, on 27 June 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Lewis's case was very different. Stupid bar fight. Boys in his crew were fingered as the perpetrators. Lewis cooperated with the prosecution.

Vick's case more different still -- those were dogs, dog. Burress hurt no one but himself with his stupidity.

Moreover, I believe that none of the incidents underlying those suspensions occurred under the current CBA (which is far tougher when it comes to off-field transgressions) and, at least as far as Lewis goes, the Ginger Hammer wasn't the commissioner.

I'm open to a friendly wager: Hernandez never plays again in the NFL.

Oh, I'm not taking that bet, because I think he's probably going away for a long, long time.  But if--if he turns on his friends, a la Lewis--if the facts turn out not to be what we think they are right now--he could come back.

#28 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Eleven, on 27 June 2013 - 08:41 AM, said:

Oh, I'm not taking that bet, because I think he's probably going away for a long, long time.  But if--if he turns on his friends, a la Lewis--if the facts turn out not to be what we think they are right now--he could come back.

that's fair. there is a scenario in which he manages to exonerate himself (sorta) and pin this all on bad elements who were ruining his life.

TMZ's already been leaked a story from someone "close to Hernandez" who said that he had been trying and failing to distance himself from the gang he joined as a teenager. i can see it now: the people to whom Lloyd was speaking (the alleged motive) were gang members who were menacing/extorting/threatening Hernandez; Hernandez therefore asked 2 of his boys to accompany him on a debriefing shake-down of Lloyd; the effort went really bad really quick; one of the other guys shot Lloyd; Hernandez panicked; etc.

Under that scenario, Hernandez could end up serving 3 years or so. Depending on how the facts shake out, maybe he's allowed back.

But I doubt it. I doubt very much that he ever plays again.

#29 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:18 AM

Who joins a gang in Bristol, Connecticut, anyway?

#30 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Eleven, on 27 June 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Who joins a gang in Bristol, Connecticut, anyway?

It's called ESPN.

#31 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

And this just in:  He's now being investigated for a double murder in Boston in 2012.

Can we have an All About Aaron Hernandez thread?

#32 shrader

shrader

National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,096 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

26CornerBlitz, on 27 June 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

It's called ESPN.

So in other words, Ray Lewis joins that gang?

Eleven, on 27 June 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

And this just in:  He's now being investigated for a double murder in Boston in 2012.

Arrest him and then find out that he may have ties to a previously unsolved double murder.  Sounds a lot like the Tsarnaev brothers.

#33 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,608 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Go for it - he's the talk of the sports world right now.

#34 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

#39 - Greatest of All-Time.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,215 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Is there a way to add a body counter? Currently at one, possibly 3 and who knows there might be more.

#35 MattPie

MattPie

Bikes beat tanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,707 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

deluca67, on 27 June 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Is there a way to add a body counter? Currently at one, possibly 3 and who knows there might be more.

Ice-T will be on your ass for trademark violations.

#36 That Aud Smell

That Aud Smell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

Now being leaked that the police's working theory is that hernandez killed lloyd because lloyd knew of hernandez's role in the unsolved double homicides of 2012.

#37 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,563 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:53 PM

Might as well start here and hopefully a kind mod will migrate posts into this thread.  The Bills thread really shouldn't get homicidal until the season starts.

That Aud Smell, on 27 June 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

Now being leaked that the police's working theory is that hernandez killed lloyd because lloyd knew of hernandez's role in the unsolved double homicides of 2012.

#38 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:55 PM

Eleven, on 27 June 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Might as well start here and hopefully a kind mod will migrate posts into this thread.  The Bills thread really shouldn't get homicidal until the season starts.

Goddammit WTF now I gotta do all this work I ###### hate this!!!!!!!

#39 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo or, Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,335 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Who?

#40 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,649 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:58 PM