1288 replies to this topic

#1 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:42 PM

Outside of the fact that they'll feature the primary logo and be blue & gold, anybody have any idea? Anything on when they'll be revealed, etc?

(And other than the fact that they WON'T be throwbacks).

#2 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:52 PM

Are they for this season or next?

#3 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

View PostDStebb, on 17 June 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

Outside of the fact that they'll feature the primary logo and be blue & gold, anybody have any idea? Anything on when they'll be revealed, etc?

(And other than the fact that they WON'T be throwbacks).

Have they even said the primary logo would be used? I don't remember reading that anywhere.

#4 Robviously

Robviously

What You Don't See

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 17 June 2013 - 03:28 PM, said:

Have they even said the primary logo would be used? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
They said it would be used, but technically it was used on the 40th anniversary jerseys too (it was teeny tiny under "BUFFALO").  So it could be used again that way, or on the shoulders, or something else.

As far as I know, nothing new has slipped out about these in months.

#5 DeLuca1967

DeLuca1967

#39 - Greatest of All-Time.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,224 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

No playoffs = new jersey! Are we sure that Larry Quinn no longer works for this franchise?

#6 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostRobviously, on 17 June 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

They said it would be used, but technically it was used on the 40th anniversary jerseys too (it was teeny tiny under "BUFFALO").  So it could be used again that way, or on the shoulders, or something else.

As far as I know, nothing new has slipped out about these in months.

They probably haven't been finalized yet. I figure if they're for this season we should start seeing leaks in July...

#7 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

With missing the playoffs again and with the fair amount of heat they took for raising ticket prices again, let's hope they put a third jersey on the shelf. A really, really bad time for another money grab.

Edited by PASabreFan, 17 June 2013 - 04:22 PM.

#8 thesportsbuff

thesportsbuff

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,206 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:31 PM

Icethetics reported last summer (or was it two summers ago now? Sheesh time flies) that the jersey would be black, but in a more recent post they made no mention of it being black or including any black; so I'm not sure if that means the information about it being black was inaccurate or perhaps the Sabres scrapped that design and started a new one.

I think black would be a cool idea. I'm not talking black like the "Black ice" jerseys that the NHL tried to tell us were cool a few years back, but a dark Black/Blue/Gold jersey could look pretty sharp.

From the latest post, though, it sounds like it will be some shade of blue. Who knows what they have in store.

View PostThirtyEight, on 17 June 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Are they for this season or next?
They are supposed to be ready for this season, I'm pretty sure.

#9 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

They are for this season. Not sure who the interview was for, but a Sabres official said in like February that the jerseys would be coming. Said that they are blue and gold with the logo but not going to be throwbacks.

http://www.bizjourna...ock.html?page=2

That's a link where Ted Black said that he "expects" to have new thirds for this season. And that they will be blue and gold with the original logo (does this mean the first logo or the new updated version we use now? Not sure).

http://audio.wgr550....k-segment-2.htm

Ted Black says in January that the jersey will be coming. Says he expected leaks in the summer. Says it "won't be like what you're envisioning" to a caller who asked if they would be royal blue. Wonder if gold jerseys is a possible?

Then he also basically says we'd only use a throwback for the outdoor games if we got one.

He claims that they are still deciding at that point, but the deadline for that would have already passed at that point so either he doesn't know, they missed the deadline, the deadline got extended (by either request or the lockout) or he was just trying to add speculation.

#10 BuffaloSoldier2010

BuffaloSoldier2010

your father's brother's cousin's former roommate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Postthesportsbuff, on 17 June 2013 - 04:31 PM, said:

Icethetics reported last summer (or was it two summers ago now? Sheesh time flies) that the jersey would be black, but in a more recent post they made no mention of it being black or including any black; so I'm not sure if that means the information about it being black was inaccurate or perhaps the Sabres scrapped that design and started a new one.

I think black would be a cool idea. I'm not talking black like the "Black ice" jerseys that the NHL tried to tell us were cool a few years back, but a dark Black/Blue/Gold jersey could look pretty sharp.

From the latest post, though, it sounds like it will be some shade of blue. Who knows what they have in store.

They are supposed to be ready for this season, I'm pretty sure.

I'd absolutely love to see the current home jerseys have an identical third jeresy where the white = white, blue = black, and gold = red, as homage to the goathead era

#11 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostBuffaloSoldier2010, on 17 June 2013 - 08:51 PM, said:

I'd absolutely love to see the current home jerseys have an identical third jeresy where the white = white, blue = black, and gold = red, as homage to the goathead era

Somebody did a mockup of this somewhere and it was ugly as hell.

#12 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,667 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostDStebb, on 17 June 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

They are for this season. Not sure who the interview was for, but a Sabres official said in like February that the jerseys would be coming. Said that they are blue and gold with the logo but not going to be throwbacks.

http://www.bizjourna...ock.html?page=2

That's a link where Ted Black said that he "expects" to have new thirds for this season. And that they will be blue and gold with the original logo (does this mean the first logo or the new updated version we use now? Not sure).

http://audio.wgr550....k-segment-2.htm

Ted Black says in January that the jersey will be coming. Says he expected leaks in the summer. Says it "won't be like what you're envisioning" to a caller who asked if they would be royal blue. Wonder if gold jerseys is a possible?

Then he also basically says we'd only use a throwback for the outdoor games if we got one.

He claims that they are still deciding at that point, but the deadline for that would have already passed at that point so either he doesn't know, they missed the deadline, the deadline got extended (by either request or the lockout) or he was just trying to add speculation.

Why didn't you put this in your original post?

#13 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 17 June 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why didn't you put this in your original post?

My ass. You're on it again.

Maybe because I had no idea where I found that information. I had to search it all back again to find it. I was looking for information further than that.

#14 weave

weave

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,873 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:07 AM

View PostDStebb, on 17 June 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Maybe because I had no idea where I found that information. I had to search it all back again to find it. I was looking for information further than that.

If you think that is getting on your ass then you've never had a boss or a girlfriend.

Just sayin'....

She is trying to gently guide you towards the forum norms here.  The place is well structured and well behaved for the most part.  She is a one man (woman) show as she is the only mod.  Structuring, organizing, etc is something she needs to be able to stay on top of the traffic here.  It isn't personal.  I doesn't have to be all about you.

#15 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

Poop Flavored Lollypop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,478 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostDStebb, on 17 June 2013 - 11:10 PM, said:

Don't fret there is a huge learning curve and etiquette curve to this place but keep posting you will figure it out in time.  Also chz kinda busts every one's balls from time to time.

Anywho on to the 3rd jersey thing. I hope they bring back the B with the Sabre through it. That was my favorite shoulder patch and I miss it. You hear me Tedd Black? Please please bring back the Posted Image

#16 PromoTheRobot

PromoTheRobot

Even John Scott outscored me.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

I liked the Goatsheads.

PTR

#17 shrader

shrader

National Oranization of Men Against Amazonian Masterhood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

View Postweave, on 18 June 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

She is trying to gently guide you towards the forum norms here.  The place is well structured and well behaved for the most part.  She is a one man (woman) show as she is the only mod.  Structuring, organizing, etc is something she needs to be able to stay on top of the traffic here.  It isn't personal.  I doesn't have to be all about you.

They're not seen all that often, but I always assumed Corp and Knightrider were active behind the scenes.

#18 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Despite my hyperbolic posts when the Sabres changed to the "slug" jerseys, right now I don't give a tiny rat's a$$ about what jersey the players will wear next season.  I care more about who will be wearing the jersey and how well they will represent Buffalo.  If a third jersey is the tool they will be using to market this team next fall, it is going to be a long, LONG 2013-2014 season.  (In fact, if I was coaching the team, no one in training camp would wear the Sabres' crest on their practice jerseys.  When you make the team, then you get a shirt with a logo on it. But of course, I am not the coach and I'm sure the NHLPA would be on my butt if I did that.)

#19 716

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

This is one stupid organization from start to finish. They've had the best uni's all along right under their nose...but NO...the Buffalo Sabres are always smarter. They come up with their own designs that are indelibly etched on our psyches....the jerseys that our players are always so psyched to put on.Posted Image

#20 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

View Post716, on 18 June 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

This is one stupid organization from start to finish. They've had the best uni's all along right under their nose...but NO...the Buffalo Sabres are always smarter. They come up with their own designs that are indelibly etched on our psyches....the jerseys that our players are always so psyched to put on.Posted Image

Too bad the "official" soft drink company of the Sabres is Coca-Cola.... :(

#21 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:21 AM

View Post716, on 18 June 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

They incorporated that logo into the 40th anniversary jersey.  That was about all they could do since they're not allowed to wear a color unless it is in their regular jerseys in some form.  I guess the red eye would give them the ability to go with these jerseys but it will never happen.

#22 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

View Postweave, on 18 June 2013 - 05:07 AM, said:

I dunno. I suspect chz was just being another poster making a semi-snarky remark. It's like anything else. The semi-newbie with a bit of a feisty side is getting some attention. The long-timers get away with murder.

#23 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,667 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 18 June 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

I dunno. I suspect chz was just being another poster making a semi-snarky remark. It's like anything else. The semi-newbie with a bit of a feisty side is getting some attention. The long-timers get away with murder.

It was a legit question.  It's like asking a question to everyone, waiting for all the responses and then saying you knew the answer all along.

#24 qwksndmonster

qwksndmonster

Livve Neilo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,323 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 18 June 2013 - 09:48 AM, said:

Does posting pages upon pages of narrative-driven drivel count as murder?

#25 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 18 June 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

Why, are you ready to confess?

View PostSpndnchz, on 18 June 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

It was a legit question.  It's like asking a question to everyone, waiting for all the responses and then saying you knew the answer all along.

Seems like a stretch. Pose a question, start a discussion, then contribute to answering it. Pretty mundane. I kind of doubt there was anything calculated about it.

#26 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

It's an online discussion forum, not a meeting of congress. Stop taking it so seriously lmao.

#27 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

This pleases Nikita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,228 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

View PostDStebb, on 18 June 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

It's an online discussion forum, not a meeting of congress. Stop taking it so seriously lmao.

You'll learn.

#28 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 18 June 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

I don't know the answer. Hence the reason why I asked it. I had NO idea where I saw that information before. I was looking for information BEYOND that. (Why I outlined that information in the original post)... Yawn.

#29 Sabres Fan In NS

Sabres Fan In NS

I'd rather be in Sarajevo, or Istanbul (not Constantinople)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postd4rksabre, on 18 June 2013 - 06:00 PM, said:

You'll learn.

Only if he sticks around long enough.

#30 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Friends

#31 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

You'll learn.

I have never been to an online website where so many people freak out about "the way things are done." It's like I missed some sort of mind-erasing event earlier on in the forums youth.

I also don't understand the "structure." I post something about the Sabres and get talked to about it.. Somebody posts about COLD FUSION and nothing is said. Okay.

View PostThirtyEight, on 18 June 2013 - 06:03 PM, said:

I tend to try and make friends in real life... But thanks for trying to judge me personally based on an internet forum.

But how's the weather? Pretty nice here.

Edited by DStebb, 18 June 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#32 sabres1970

sabres1970

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think they'll just break out the original home jerseys, like the ones featured at the Winter Classic. I know they're basically the aways but the blue is different and they'll look nice at home.

#33 ThirtyEight

ThirtyEight

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostDStebb, on 18 June 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

I tend to try and make friends in real life...

I don't know. I try to avoid the outside so i can ensure the forum i am a part of is well organised otherwise i just can't sleep at night. I lie there and i toss and i turn but little rest i receive if something is out of place. This generally means i end up sleeping in the day, which aids my avoidance of the outside. But night time also has weather and I think it is a pretty clear night so far. Thanks for taking an interest. I do so enjoy conversations in fake life. Fake life is the best.

So of the numerous other forums you are involved in, which one is the best? As i said, usually i like one that has clear content and a nice group of people, but now and again i feel a little fruity and just want something a little more feral

Edited by ThirtyEight, 18 June 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#34 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,667 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

I have never been to an online website where so many people freak out about "the way things are done." It's like I missed some sort of mind-erasing event earlier on in the forums youth.

I also don't understand the "structure." I post something about the Sabres and get talked to about it.. Somebody posts about COLD FUSION and nothing is said. Okay.

I tend to try and make friends in real life... But thanks for trying to judge me personally based on an internet forum.

You have no idea what "get talked to about it" could be like.  Like characters in a soap opera you need to watch the show for a while.

Now you may take the above statement to read "Shut the hell up and read some more before you go posting, you ass" or you could read it as "posters here have been pretty nice to you, give them a chance and they'll give you one".

Your choice.

#35 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 18 June 2013 - 06:17 PM, said:

You have no idea what "get talked to about it" could be like.  Like characters in a soap opera you need to watch the show for a while.

Now you may take the above statement to read "Shut the hell up and read some more before you go posting, you ass" or you could read it as "posters here have been pretty nice to you, give them a chance and they'll give you one".

Your choice.

I'm sure everybody is nice. In real life and around here.

#36 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

View Postqwksndmonster, on 18 June 2013 - 10:37 AM, said:

It kills me slowly, so ###### and yes.

#37 shrader

shrader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,149 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Picture this for a second.  A well established community suddenly has a new person show up who immediately complains about the way they do things.  Do you seriously have no idea why that ruffles a few feathers?  You've been confrontational since the moment you started posting here and people have responded in kind.

#38 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

View Postshrader, on 18 June 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Picture this for a second.  A well established community suddenly has a new person show up who immediately complains about the way they do things.  Do you seriously have no idea why that ruffles a few feathers?  You've been confrontational since the moment you started posting here and people have responded in kind.

Derned ferners! Ain't got no warmth or nuthin', like we'uns dud back in da oldie daze.

#39 Tankalicious

Tankalicious

Sam Reinhart, please

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,400 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

View Postshrader, on 18 June 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Duly noted. I think this conversation is over. I'll conform soon enough. Let's go Buffalo!

#40 Icehole

Icehole

Goon Squad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:40 PM

You'll learn.
Your right, Congress is nowhere near this organized, competent, nor serious. I worked there for 15 years, despite the staff, we might as well been herding cats.