41 replies to this topic

#1 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:55 AM

I just don't get all the Pegula bashing that has been going on all season long. The guy has only owned the team for 2 years and 2 months, but yet he's getting blamed for the team missing the playoffs 7 out of the last 11 years, and not talking to the media. Who gives a damn if the guy doesn't want to talk to the media, what's the big F'n deal?! The only thing I can knock Pegula on is that he trusted Regier to build a championship team, otherwise the guy has lived up to his word, opened up his pocketbook (unlike the other Sabres owners before) to bring in FA's that the team thought could be difference makers. Yes, he's made mistakes and we know the team is not a championship team (let alone a playoff team), but c'mon, you mean to tell me you haven't made mistakes? Have all the investments you made in your lifetime worked out? I bet not! But I'm sure your husband/wife (or significant other) didn't constantly bash you because you lost money on your 401k, IRA, or stocks. For those that had the expectation that Pegula was going to be like Washington Redskins owner [Dan Synder] and fire people left and right, you were sadly mistaken. I'm willing to cut him some slack since he's only owned the team for a short period. It's not like we're talking about the Buffalo Bills where they have sucked for the past 13 years, went through numerous coaches, QB's and players. 2 years is nothing compared to the past 13 years of misery with the Bills.

#2 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Bittersweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

I just don't get all the Pegula bashing that has been going on all season long. The guy has only owned the team for 2 years and 2 months, but yet he's getting blamed for the team missing the playoffs 7 out of the last 11 years, and not talking to the media. Who gives a damn if the guy doesn't want to talk to the media, what's the big F'n deal?! The only thing I can knock Pegula on is that he trusted Regier to build a championship team, otherwise the guy has lived up to his word, opened up his pocketbook (unlike the other Sabres owners before) to bring in FA's that the team thought could be difference makers. Yes, he's made mistakes and we know the team is not a championship team (let alone a playoff team), but c'mon, you mean to tell me you haven't made mistakes? Have all the investments you made in your lifetime worked out? I bet not! But I'm sure your husband/wife (or significant other) didn't constantly bash you because you lost money on your 401k, IRA, or stocks. For those that had the expectation that Pegula was going to be like Washington Redskins owner [Dan Synder] and fire people left and right, you were sadly mistaken. I'm willing to cut him some slack since he's only owned the team for a short period. It's not like we're talking about the Buffalo Bills where they have sucked for the past 13 years, went through numerous coaches, QB's and players. 2 years is nothing compared to the past 13 years of misery with the Bills.

Hi, I'm Bernie Madoff......tell your wife to give me your money to invest.

I know 99% of the people hate my guts and know I am going to rape you of your life savings.....but trust me......let's start from scratch and only judge me for the moves I make for you from here on out.

Thanks for hiring me Mrs.JerryJabber.......I know the market is up and I have lost you another 40% since you handed over all your money to me.....but trust me! And by the way...for the long term good, you will have to suffer the next few years. You didn't want to retire anyway now did you?

#3 nucci

nucci

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

That's pretty much what most of us are complaining about.

#4 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Mrs. Pegula? Is that you?

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. Apparently Mr. Pegula made a big one when he announced in his introductory press conference that he planned on bringing the Stanley Cup (actually, multiple Cups) to Buffalo in just a few short years. Two years later, the team looks to be in disarray and the fan base is angry and is feeling like they are being ignored. By all means, let's cut him some more slack. Next season is pretty much already written off (and this according to the GM of the team!). But, hey! The Sabres have the slickest-looking locker room in the entire NHL! Please...

#5 Mike Oxhurtz

Mike Oxhurtz

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postnucci, on 07 May 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Hell, I've been thrashing Regier since the end of the 2006-2007 season. I even remember a certain moderator on here tell me that I had no clue what I was talking about when the Sabres failed to resign Drury & Briere. Well, look who proved to be right?! How have the Sabres been doing since then?

You build a good hockey team around Centers, not by having an above-average goalie, and a ton of wingers.

#6 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,279 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

Hi, I'm Bernie Madoff......tell your wife to give me your money to invest.

I know 99% of the people hate my guts and know I am going to rape you of your life savings.....but trust me......let's start from scratch and only judge me for the moves I make for you from here on out.

Thanks for hiring me Mrs.JerryJabber.......I know the market is up and I have lost you another 40% since you handed over all your money to me.....but trust me! And by the way...for the long term good, you will have to suffer the next few years. You didn't want to retire anyway now did you?

Horrible analogy, unless you actually mean to imply that Pegula bought the Sabres with the sole intention of defrauding the fan base.

#7 nucci

nucci

Third Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostMike Oxhurtz, on 07 May 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Hell, I've been thrashing Regier since the end of the 2006-2007 season. I even remember a certain moderator on here tell me that I had no clue what I was talking about when the Sabres failed to resign Drury & Briere. Well, look who proved to be right?! How have the Sabres been doing since then?

You build a good hockey team around Centers, not by having an above-average goalie, and a ton of wingers.
You guys need to change your avatars. First glance I thought you were the OP. :lol:

#8 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostSuffer_enuff, on 07 May 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

Mrs. Pegula? Is that you?

Yes, everyone makes mistakes. Apparently Mr. Pegula made a big one when he announced in his introductory press conference that he planned on bringing the Stanley Cup (actually, multiple Cups) to Buffalo in just a few short years. Two years later, the team looks to be in disarray and the fan base is angry and is feeling like they are being ignored. By all means, let's cut him some more slack. Next season is pretty much already written off (and this according to the GM of the team!). But, hey! The Sabres have the slickest-looking locker room in the entire NHL! Please...

So, you mean to tell me you achieved all your goals in the timeframe that you had set for yourself in your entire life?

Yes, it does suck that the Sabres missed the playoffs (two years in a row). But I would rather the Sabres used the approach the Pittsburgh Penguins used to go on their current run. The Penguins were terrible for a few years. With having such a terrible record, they were able to draft players like Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, etc... And look at how they have done since...Back to back Stanley Cup appearances, with a Stanley Cup win. Plus, they're looking really good this year. I'd rather take a few crappy seasons, draft good players and assemble a great team that is capable of being a long-term contender (like the Penguins), vice putting together a team that is good enough to get to the first or second round of the playoffs. If you don't want to stick through some growing pains, then it's real simple, don't go to any games, buy NHL Center Ice, or buy any Sabres merchandise during that time period.

#9 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Bittersweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 07 May 2013 - 09:21 AM, said:

Horrible analogy, unless you actually mean to imply that Pegula bought the Sabres with the sole intention of defrauding the fan base.

I think you're missing it.

#10 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

I don't think so. You're implying that Terry Pegula is a scum bag that plans to steal millions of dollars from the Sabres fan base, leaving them penniless.

#11 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Bittersweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

I don't think so. You're implying that Terry Pegula is a scum bag that plans to steal millions of dollars from the Sabres fan base, leaving them penniless.

No....as to you reference about losing money and blaming your wife....

99% of the fanbase knows Regier is a clown and wants him gone. Your precious owner wants to judge him not on his past, but what he has done since working for Pegula. Well.....the Sabres suck even worse while adding twice the scouts, tons of upfront and bonus money, burrying guys in Rochester and overseas......yet the guy extends him for 5 years during year 3 when we were told a Cup would be on it's way. Now we are told to suffer.

I'm not calling Pegula a scumbag for planning to steal money from Sabres fans.....I'm calling him a dolt for not taking Regier's history into account, having Darcy fail him in his first 3 years....yet he goes back to the same well.

It's hard to get excited about an owner who goes to bat for and keeps trusting someone who is obviously faulty.

#12 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,962 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

Sounds about right. Just give him three or four more ticket price increases. Sorry about the lockout, fans — as a sign of how sorry we are, you can now buy the overpriced merch for 50% off.

Sorry, Jabber, I am going to bash this guy until he gets his head out of his ass, fires Regier and lets the new GM do his job.

#13 Sabre Dance

Sabre Dance

Brighter days ahead...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

So, you mean to tell me you achieved all your goals in the timeframe that you had set for yourself in your entire life?

Of course not.  But, I didn't stand up in front of a microphone and announce my goal to the world. If you do, you should be willing to back it up with action. The three-year plan then went to five and now....well, no one can forsee that.  Hey, I could be wrong.  Maybe the Sabres will win the Cup in 2016. At that point, I will be glad to send a personal letter of apology to Mr. Pegula and post a copy on this forum.

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

Yes, it does suck that the Sabres missed the playoffs (two years in a row). But I would rather the Sabres used the approach the Pittsburgh Penguins used to go on their current run. The Penguins were terrible for a few years. With having such a terrible record, they were able to draft players like Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, etc... And look at how they have done since...Back to back Stanley Cup appearances, with a Stanley Cup win. Plus, they're looking really good this year. I'd rather take a few crappy seasons, draft good players and assemble a great team that is capable of being a long-term contender (like the Penguins), vice putting together a team that is good enough to get to the first or second round of the playoffs. If you don't want to stick through some growing pains, then it's real simple, don't go to any games, buy NHL Center Ice, or buy any Sabres merchandise during that time period.

If that is the plan you want to follow, why wait two years to implement it?  When Terry bought the team, he could have had Darcy blow it up then and we'd be two years further along in the plan. No, I think they're pretty much making this up as they go along.

#14 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

No....as to you reference about losing money and blaming your wife....

99% of the fanbase knows Regier is a clown and wants him gone. Your precious owner wants to judge him not on his past, but what he has done since working for Pegula. Well.....the Sabres suck even worse while adding twice the scouts, tons of upfront and bonus money, burrying guys in Rochester and overseas......yet the guy extends him for 5 years during year 3 when we were told a Cup would be on it's way. Now we are told to suffer.

I'm not calling Pegula a scumbag for planning to steal money from Sabres fans.....I'm calling him a dolt for not taking Regier's history into account, having Darcy fail him in his first 3 years....yet he goes back to the same well.

It's hard to get excited about an owner who goes to bat for and keeps trusting someone who is obviously faulty.

It's called reading comprehension, something you're clearly lacking. I stated that if you lost money on your investments, did your wife/husband (or significant other) get mad at you because you made a bad decision with your family's money?

I don't like Regier either and wanted him gone as well, so I'm with you on that part. But all the other crap that people are mad about is ridiculous!

View PostSuffer_enuff, on 07 May 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

Of course not.  But, I didn't stand up in front of a microphone and announce my goal to the world. If you do, you should be willing to back it up with action. The three-year plan then went to five and now....well, no one can forsee that.  Hey, I could be wrong.  Maybe the Sabres will win the Cup in 2016. At that point, I will be glad to send a personal letter of apology to Mr. Pegula and post a copy on this forum.

If that is the plan you want to follow, why wait two years to implement it?  When Terry bought the team, he could have had Darcy blow it up then and we'd be two years further along in the plan. No, I think they're pretty much making this up as they go along.

Sometimes, it's just realizing that you screwed up and you have to start all over.

#15 TrueBluePhD

TrueBluePhD

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,285 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

Sometimes, it's just realizing that you screwed up and you have to start all over.

Unfortunately, Pegula has yet to realize his real mistake.

#16 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Bittersweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 09:56 AM, said:

It's called reading comprehension, something you're clearly lacking. I stated that if you lost money on your investments, did your wife/husband (or significant other) get mad at you because you made a bad decision with your family's money?

My family loves my investing so it's not an issue. I let one of the slimiest venture capital firms buy into my company, quadruple it's value in 9 short months, sold out, and just happened to skip town with my best friend and Chief Development Officer a few months before one of the biggest ongoing abuse cases in history went public.......

Maybe I'm just "lucky".

How's that? Did I "read good"?

Edited by Ghost of Dwight Drane, 07 May 2013 - 10:26 AM.

#17 (E5)

(E5)

Eklund's Rumors Are False (e5)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:34 AM

We should have known that Terry Pegula was too good to be true.

I sure fell for it. No more.

#18 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,962 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Thinking he knows something about hockey?

#19 nobody

nobody

Title? Someday...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostTrueBluePhD, on 07 May 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

Excect he has said he wants people who try and fail over people who don't try.  So he is probably satified.

Edited by nobody, 07 May 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#20 JJFIVEOH

JJFIVEOH

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

View Postnucci, on 07 May 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

http://forums.sabres...darcys-premise/

Edited by JJFIVEOH, 07 May 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#21 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

My family loves my investing so it's not an issue. I let one of the slimiest venture capital firms buy into my company, quadruple it's value in 9 short months, sold out, and just happened to skip town with my best friend and Chief Development Officer a few months before one of the biggest ongoing abuse cases in history went public.......

Maybe I'm just "lucky".

How's that? Did I "read good"?

You sound exactly like this idiot SSgt I used to be stationed with in the Marines that always claimed off having these awesome classic rods, but drove a crappy ford pickup truck.

Edited by Jerry Jabber, 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM.

#22 Mike Oxhurtz

Mike Oxhurtz

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

View PostPASabreFan, on 07 May 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

Sounds about right. Just give him three or four more ticket price increases. Sorry about the lockout, fans — as a sign of how sorry we are, you can now buy the overpriced merch for 50% off.

Sorry, Jabber, I am going to bash this guy until he gets his head out of his ass, fires Regier and lets the new GM do his job.

Gotta agree, Regier's success has been few and far between. I like Pegula, but don't like Regier.

View PostJerry Jabber, on 07 May 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

You sound exactly like this idiot SSgt I used to be stationed with in the Marines that always claimed off having these awesome classic rods, but drove a crappy ford pickup truck.

Good one!

#23 tom webster

tom webster

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Boy, talk about missing the point. Carry on it is somewhat amusing.

#24 Mike Oxhurtz

Mike Oxhurtz

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostMike Oxhurtz, on 07 May 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

Gotta agree, Regier's success has been few and far between. I like Pegula, but don't like Regier.

Good one!

Hey Jerry, I get where you're coming from and I'm not butt hurt like some people on here and in the media are because the Sabres aren't where Pegula hoped they be at right now. "Uncle Terry promised us the Stanley Cup in three years.....WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Uncle Terry promised me multiple Stanley Cups.....WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

I don't like it at all the Regier is still the GM. Let's hope that if he doesn't get the job done (and soon), that Uncle Terry & Uncle Ted will fire Regier.

#25 Spndnchz

Spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

looks like someone forgot who they logged in as.

#26 Mike Oxhurtz

Mike Oxhurtz

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostSpndnchz, on 07 May 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

I know I replied to a post that I wrote to in response to JJ, but it was to emphasize my point that I agree with everyone that Regier should have been fired years ago. While I like Pegula, I feel both him & Ted Black deserve some backlash for retaining Regier (but not to the degree that some people are going to just because Pegula felt he could win the cup in 3 years).

#27 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Battista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

The only thing I fault Pegula for is NOT doing what is so painfully obvious to sports-writers, sports analysts, and most of the diehard fans - that is,  firing the deadest of dead-wood - Darcy Regier.  Guy should have been sent packing as soon as feasible after Pegula took ownership.

Don't forget - this Regier character is the self-same schmuck who threw his 'friend' and hire Ruff to the curb in a weaselly effort to save his own job - when at least 3/4 of the problems with the team are because of the poor quality he's assembled, overpaid talent, etc etc etc

#28 Mike Oxhurtz

Mike Oxhurtz

Top Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

View PostJsixspd, on 07 May 2013 - 01:03 PM, said:

The only thing I fault Pegula for is NOT doing what is so painfully obvious to sports-writers, sports analysts, and most of the diehard fans - that is,  firing the deadest of dead-wood - Darcy Regier.  Guy should have been sent packing as soon as feasible after Pegula took ownership.

Don't forget - this Regier character is the self-same schmuck who threw his 'friend' and hire Ruff to the curb in a weaselly effort to save his own job - when at least 3/4 of the problems with the team are because of the poor quality he's assembled, overpaid talent, etc etc etc

I agree 100% Regier's success has been few and far between. I felt he should have been fired after the 2006-07 season, when they failed to resign Drury & Briere (or got replacements for those 2). I remember getting into it with SDS (if I remember correctly) about that, and he said that I didn't know what I was talking about. And guess what...that move still haunts the Sabres as they haven't been the same since.

#29 26CornerBlitz

26CornerBlitz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

TPegs and upper management are in full on bunker mentality.  The preseason contract extension for DR was the greatest indicator of this.  Despite loud and persistent calls from the media and much of the fan base for a new direction in the hockey department (After 16+ bleepin years no less), they instead do the polar opposite.

Without directly saying so the attitude of the organ-eye-zation is....We'll show you bastards because we know best.  Very arrogant and stupidly defiant IMO.

#30 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Battista

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 07 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Without directly saying so the attitude of the organ-eye-zation is....We'll show you bastards because we know best.  Very arrogant and stupidly defiant IMO.

It's pretty much the same sort of nonsense we've seen from Ralph Wilson Jr. and the Bills these many years.   Wilson and the Bills knew better than everyone else how to win.... they didn't need to spend money on elite coaches, or an elite QB.... they have their "own formula" and are contemptuous of advice to the contrary.

#31 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

View Post26CornerBlitz, on 07 May 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

TPegs and upper management are in full on bunker mentality.  The preseason contract extension for DR was the greatest indicator of this.  Despite loud and persistent calls from the media and much of the fan base for a new direction in the hockey department (After 16+ bleepin years no less), they instead do the polar opposite.

My only guess at why Pegula/Black decided to keep Regier was that they felt Regier was shackled before by the previous owners as those owners wouldn't open up the pocketbook to pay for good, quality players. I don't agree with it, but that's the decision Sabres management went with.

View PostJsixspd, on 07 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

It's pretty much the same sort of nonsense we've seen from Ralph Wilson Jr. and the Bills these many years.   Wilson and the Bills knew better than everyone else how to win.... they didn't need to spend money on elite coaches, or an elite QB.... they have their "own formula" and are contemptuous of advice to the contrary.

The Bills are a joke of a franchise. I've wasted enough time, money & energy on them over the years.

View PostMike Oxhurtz, on 07 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

I don't like it at all the Regier is still the GM. Let's hope that if he doesn't get the job done (and soon), that Uncle Terry & Uncle Ted will fire Regier.

I hope you're right!

#32 Kristian

Kristian

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,713 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

View Postnobody, on 07 May 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Excect he has said he wants people who try and fail over people who don't try.  So he is probably satified.

Then why is he sticking with Regier, who is Mr. Play-it-safe himself?

He's got the failing part down though, I'll give him that.

#33 DR HOLLIDAY

DR HOLLIDAY

Born in 1970- Just like the Sabres

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

LOL...... :worthy:

#34 Moulson26

Moulson26

Blood and Guts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,699 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Oh god have mercy, the Pegula daughters finally found our forum...

#35 SwampD

SwampD

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,760 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

I got it.

View PostMike Oxhurtz, on 07 May 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Hey Jerry, I get where you're coming from and I'm not butt hurt like some people on here and in the media are because the Sabres aren't where Pegula hoped they be at right now. "Uncle Terry promised us the Stanley Cup in three years.....WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! Uncle Terry promised me multiple Stanley Cups.....WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!"

Some mean people on a message board are saying mean things about our billionaire owner…WWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

#36 Icehole

Icehole

When hell freezes over, I’ll play hockey there too.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,636 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

I think most of the Pegula vitrole is toward Regier.  Mine has been since the Briere, Drury, Vanek debacle.  Drury was gone, he wanted to go to NYC which is what bothers me the most, because that was easily foreseable yet Regier f'd up Briere, lost Dumont and rented a bunch of underperforming bums except Zubrus who they also let get away.  

Also Zach Kassian was supposed to be something... not... Why hasn't Armia been called up given the lack of scoring talent and why the Hell is Stafford still on this team????  Also, Grigerenko was tagged as being lazy as the reason he dropped.... hmmm looking more and more apt a tag, but yet Marcy is being given another chance....

Regier in my mind is a MORON and until he is gone I cannot in good conscience give TPegs the benefit of the doubt.

#37 Grumpy

Grumpy

Fourth Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

View PostJsixspd, on 07 May 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

You really need to have an elite QB in order to spend money on him.  Otherwise, I get your point.

#38 Ghost of Dwight Drane

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Bittersweet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,106 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

Point for Chz

Thank you for putting your ass on the line so I can bitch about our hockey team. Seriously.  And I would never claim to have a classic rod. I have an extended cab, but the alignment pulls to the left, my tires are bald, and my radiator leaks after 3 minutes.....

View PostSwampD, on 07 May 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

I got it.

Thanks for keeping me sane.....

#39 TheFunPolice

TheFunPolice

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:17 AM

Pegula is doing his best.... the problem is that he is too nice, IMO

#40 Jerry Jabber

Jerry Jabber

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostGhost of Dwight Drane, on 07 May 2013 - 09:37 PM, said:

Point for Chz

Thank you for putting your ass on the line so I can bitch about our hockey team. Seriously.  And I would never claim to have a classic rod. I have an extended cab, but the alignment pulls to the left, my tires are bald, and my radiator leaks after 3 minutes.....

Thanks for keeping me sane.....

No problem.