2057 replies to this topic

#2041 bunomatic

bunomatic

bunomatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,771 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:58 PM

The come from a cold climate located in the northenr hemisphere just above The U.S.A.
Known to live off of hockey, and in igloos located in a baron wasteland of white snow year round.

This :lol: .

Just north of medicine hat, moosejaw, or Bumfukc Saskatchewan.

On a serious note I can't imagine how much my mom and dad paid to put my bro and me through hockey. New skates almost yearly the first few years what with the growing bodies. Hockey schools in the summers. Speed skating classes.Hotels,motels,travel. The list seems endless and all this while knowing all along probably from a early age that we'd never amount to much more than beer leaguers. Face it, special kids are noticeable early and dad must have known we were average yet he still shelled it out. I love him for it but often wonder how much it cost him.

#2042 ...

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,694 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:27 PM

Okay, so based on what I've been reading, I'm amenable to revising my view on the matter a little. Frankly, I've never had to articulate these thoughts before, which were just an amalgam of observations over time sitting in the recesses of my brain.

It would seem that it is quite likely socio-economics would be a measurable factor in the development of the hockey-child into a hockey-adult. However, I still maintain that it is not strictly socio-economics at work, but that family/commitment-based qualities are represented (way) above average in hockey-culture. While I have seen no studies to substantiate this claim, the anecdotal evidence is too strong and numerous to ignore.

Now, let's talk about UFOs...

Edited by sizzlemeister, 27 June 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#2043 We've

We've

Self-appointed Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,477 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

Okay, so based on what I've been reading, I'm amenable to revising my view on the matter a little. Frankly, I've never had to articulate these thoughts before, which were just an amalgam of observations over time sitting in the recesses of my brain.

It would seem that it is quite likely socio-economics would be a measurable factor in the development of the hockey-child into a hockey-adult. However, I still maintain that it is not strictly socio-economics at work, but that family/commitment-based qualities are represented (way) above average in hockey-culture. While I have seen no studies to substantiate this claim, the anecdotal evidence is too strong and numerous to ignore.

I think you are underestimating the link between socio-economics and family interaction.

#2044 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

If it goes wrong, blame Brandon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

But which came first? The economics or the interaction? There is likely a correlation between the two related to the personal habits/characteristics of the parents in the first place.

#2045 TrueBlueGED

TrueBlueGED

#fancystats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,224 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:45 AM

Now this has potential. Frankly I'm surprised PA hasn't floated the idea yet that Pegula is an alien manchurian candidate.

#2046 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,241 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:38 AM

If you want to watch the Cup Parade it's here:
http://www.csnchicag...awks-rally-2013

#2047 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,241 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:26 AM

Haha Quenneville's neighbors TP'd his house.

http://www.csnchicag...d-after-cup-win

#2048 Eleven

Eleven

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 27,936 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:44 AM

Chris Kuc@ChrisKuc 24m
#Blackhawks fans cheering the media trolley as it goes by on Stanley Cup parade route. So, there's obviously some drinking going on.

#2049 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

from the bottom to the top

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Chris Kuc@ChrisKuc 24m
#Blackhawks fans cheering the media trolley as it goes by on Stanley Cup parade route. So, there's obviously some drinking going on.

He pulls a beer, you pull some rum. He takes a shot of your rum, you shotgun his entire beer. That's the Chicago way.

#2050 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

http://www.theonion....fault:1:Default

BAHAHA the entire 99 dallas stars shot off stanley cup...

thxs onion for that fake amusing news

"Superintendent Garry McCarthy, who confirmed the famous trophy’s injuries may leave many of the names of past champions engraved upon it permanently illegible, including the entire roster of the 1999 Dallas Stars. “

#2051 d4rksabre

d4rksabre

Playground King

• Members
  • 31,291 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

http://www.theonion.com/articles/stanley-cup-shot-11-times-during-chicago-blackhawk,33001/?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=Default:1:Default

BAHAHA the entire 99 dallas stars shot off stanley cup...

thxs onion for that fake amusing news

"Superintendent Garry McCarthy, who confirmed the famous trophy’s injuries may leave many of the names of past champions engraved upon it permanently illegible, including the entire roster of the 1999 Dallas Stars. “

This isn't the first time Sabres related jokes have been made on the Onion. I think someone on their staff is not so secretly a Buffalo fan.

#2052 LGR4GM

LGR4GM

• Members
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:18 PM

Also Corey Crawford is not sober
Sauce Hockey@SauceHockey 3m
Corey Crawford drops F bomb during epic live speech in Chicago for Stanley Cup. #saucelife http://youtu.be/0jnDVrsyDXs

#2053 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,241 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

Also Corey Crawford is not sober
Sauce Hockey@SauceHockey 3m
Corey Crawford drops F bomb during epic live speech in Chicago for Stanley Cup. #saucelife http://youtu.be/0jnDVrsyDXs

You can't think any of them are completely sober right now. Maybe in a few weeks.

#2054 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

First Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,180 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...id=nhl:topheads

Full-page ad in Boston Globe:

Hockey is a tough game. As impressed as we were by the strength, talent and competitive spirit of the Boston Bruins on the ice, we were deeply touched by what happened off the ice. Rarely have we experience the hospitality you afforded us throughout the playoff series between two incredibly gifted teams.
On behalf of the Chicago Blackhawks organization and the entire Wirtz Corporation, we want to personally express our heartfelt appreciation to your city, the Bruins organization and, especially, the citizens of Boston for the remarkable welcome you showed our team and the many Chicagoans who visited.
From Boston's political leadership to every member of the Bruins organization; from the players to the people on the street, you demonstrated respect, good sportsmanship, and a genuine love for the game of hockey.
Like the rest of the world, Chicagoans have been reminded in recent days of Boston's strength. Please know we tip our hat to your city's big heart and gracious spirit. You lead by example and have set the bar very high for others to follow.

PS, BOOYAH, ######!

#2055 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

^^^ hard to dislike the Blackhawks - they play good, hard, relateively clean hockey, and they never give up. Maybe the Sabres will get there someday, post-Regier?

#2056 Jsixspd

Jsixspd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,658 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

BTW, 18-Horton - was definitely offsides... I've watched that a bunch of times now... it wasn't even close - he was 7-8' over the blue line when the puck was still 1' behind the blue line. Yeah, he DID come out of the zone briefly a few seconds earlier, after Chicago cleared it, but the puck hadn't been taken back to the Blackhawk's zone yet and he went back into the Hawk's zone. You can't come out of the zone and then go back into the zone and wait for the puck.... that's not how I understand the rule. Lucic's goal should have NEVER counted!

Edited by Jsixspd, 30 June 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#2057 SwampD

SwampD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,399 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

BTW, 18-Horton - was definitely offsides... I've watched that a bunch of times now... it wasn't even close - he was 7-8' over the blue line when the puck was still 1' behind the blue line. Yeah, he DID come out of the zone briefly a few seconds earlier, after Chicago cleared it, but the puck hadn't been taken back to the Blackhawk's zone yet and he went back into the Hawk's zone. You can't come out of the zone and then go back into the zone and wait for the puck.... that's not how I understand the rule. Lucic's goal should have NEVER counted!

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nhl/delayed-offside.aspx

#2058 spndnchz

spndnchz

Ass. Player Agent

• SS Mod Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,241 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictionary/nhl/delayed-offside.aspx

lol