14 replies to this topic

#1 inkman

inkman

Fledgling Member of TSC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,321 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:47 PM

Soooo, on the way home from my two week vaca, the misses and I are stopping at the PNC arena to see Bob Seger.  Can anyone give me ideas for the best place to stay overnight that night?  Walking distance would be ideal.

#2 Moulson26

Moulson26

Blood and Guts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

Whenever i go on a road trip to watch the Sabres play there (twice) i stay here- http://www.comfortsu..._carolina-NC385

Very close to the arena. Always a ton of Sabres fans stay there. It's also very close to this bar: http://www.backyardb...o.com/menu.html

Arena and bar are walking distance.

#3 EZBills7

EZBills7

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:20 AM

View PostVanek-Man, on 18 April 2013 - 11:34 PM, said:

Whenever i go on a road trip to watch the Sabres play there (twice) i stay here- http://www.comfortsu..._carolina-NC385

Very close to the arena. Always a ton of Sabres fans stay there. It's also very close to this bar: http://www.backyardb...o.com/menu.html

Arena and bar are walking distance.

That's where I stayed for Game 5 of the 06 ECFs. Good times beforehand, not so much afterwards.

#4 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:42 AM

What they said.  The one thing PNC has going for it is that it's very tailgate friendly for a hockey / concert arena.  

A word on warning about the Backyard Bistro, since it's one of the only bar restaurants within walking distance of PNC it can get overwhelmed before an event.  I've had horrendous wait times there before.

Buffalo Bothers on Lake Boone Trail isn't walking distance, but a short car ride from the arena.

Enjoy the show, my brother just went to see Seger last night in Buffalo, and he'll be coming to Raleigh to see Rush at PNC with me on 5/3.

#5 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,891 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:11 AM

Please wear as much Sabres gear as possible.

#6 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

View PostEleven, on 19 April 2013 - 09:11 AM, said:

Please wear as much Sabres gear as possible.

He'd probably get comments too.  I wore a Sabres jacket to a  friggin Disney on Ice show at PNC and got more than one comment about it from the ushers working that night.

#7 Eleven

Eleven

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,891 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:17 AM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 19 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

He'd probably get comments too.  I wore a Sabres jacket to a  friggin Disney on Ice show at PNC and got more than one comment about it from the ushers working that night.

Why, WHY do you hate Mickey?

#8 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:14 AM

View Postinkman, on 18 April 2013 - 10:47 PM, said:

Soooo, on the way home from my two week vaca, the misses and I are stopping at the PNC arena to see Bob Seger.  Can anyone give me ideas for the best place to stay overnight that night?  Walking distance would be ideal.

Raping and Pillaging at a Seger concert?

Good luck, Ink. Represent.

#9 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:40 PM

View PostX. Benedict, on 19 April 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Raping and Pillaging at a Seger concert?

Good luck, Ink. Represent.

If you find yourself in Raleigh for any event, I can take you on a tour of the RBC/PNC battlefied of 2006.  I can show you the spot where at least five (or was it five hundred?) commemorative pint glasses were smashed in a gross display of Sabre fan thuggery.   I can take you beyond the copse of trees east of Carter Finley Stadium, where the great horde of Sabres fans amassed armed with let's go Buffalo chants and the unmitigated gall to support their favorite team in enemy territory.  I can take you inside the arena and show you the wide swaths of seats that sat empty earlier that same spring, only to eventually be filled by the unruly hordes when the day of battle finally arrived. History was made here in 2006, and I can show it to you.

#10 X. Benedict

X. Benedict

All Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,078 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 19 April 2013 - 01:40 PM, said:

If you find yourself in Raleigh for any event, I can take you on a tour of the RBC/PNC battlefied of 2006.  I can show you the spot where at least five (or was it five hundred?) commemorative pint glasses were smashed in a gross display of Sabre fan thuggery.   I can take you beyond the copse of trees east of Carter Finley Stadium, where the great horde of Sabres fans amassed armed with let's go Buffalo chants and the unmitigated gall to support their favorite team in enemy territory.  I can take you inside the arena and show you the wide swaths of seats that sat empty earlier that same spring, only to eventually be filled by the unruly hordes when the day of battle finally arrived. History was made here in 2006, and I can show it to you.

Favorite chant that day.:1000 people chanting "Weber's Mustard"

OH the carnage!!

#11 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostX. Benedict, on 19 April 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Favorite chant that day.:1000 people chanting "Weber's Mustard"

OH the carnage!!

haha! That one I missed.  I must have been busy raping and/or consuming infant flesh at the time.

#12 IKnowPhysics

IKnowPhysics

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:58 PM

National Museum of Baby Raping Then Eating and Baby Eating Then Raping

Oh, the impropriety!

Posted Image

#13 PASabreFan

PASabreFan

Resistance is futile

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,289 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostClaude_Verret, on 19 April 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

What they said.  The one thing PNC has going for it is that it's very tailgate friendly for a hockey / concert arena.  

A word on warning about the Backyard Bistro, since it's one of the only bar restaurants within walking distance of PNC it can get overwhelmed before an event.  I've had horrendous wait times there before.

Buffalo Bothers on Lake Boone Trail isn't walking distance, but a short car ride from the arena.

Enjoy the show, my brother just went to see Seger last night in Buffalo, and he'll be coming to Raleigh to see Rush at PNC with me on 5/3.

Everything's within walking distance if you have enough time. Wear sensible shoes, ink.

#14 Claude_Verret

Claude_Verret

Second Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

View PostPASabreFan, on 19 April 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

Everything's within walking distance if you have enough time. Wear sensible shoes, ink.

You're right.  2.3 miles.  Someone with a good set of calves could hoof it in 30 minutes.

http://goo.gl/maps/EJGfc

#15 Moulson26

Moulson26

Blood and Guts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostEZBills7, on 19 April 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

That's where I stayed for Game 5 of the 06 ECFs. Good times beforehand, not so much afterwards.

I was there that night as well.